Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Hi gc4us,

Congrats. I knew they will stamp both passports. All the best for the future.

Did you and your wife sign and gave FP on I-551 form at the time of interview. I was told that this will happen for us when we go there for PP stamping after receiving 485 approval notice in the mail - is this normal.

glenmd said:
congrats Gc4us,

Everything is taken care off. That is really good to hear......

All the Best for your future..

GlenMD
Thanks a lot for your time, support and wishes.... GlenMD.....
Wishing you and yours a bright and happy future as well...

Cheers!!!
V!

P.S. I sent a private message to you... Not sure if you are set to receive those... :(
Let me know....

Thanks for your time again... :)

compass said:
Congratulations gc4us!!!
you both got passport stamping, that is what I was thinking will happen :D

Thanks a lot for your words, wishes....
Our best wishes for you and yours to get that "Magic Letter" and get through this ordeal quickly. :)

Cheers!!!
V!

saurnav said:
Hi gc4us,
Congrats. I knew they will stamp both passports. All the best for the future.

Hi Saurnav,
Thanks for the wishes and followup. I was a bit apprehensive if we will get done on the same day [based on past experiences... :( ] and also because it was almost at the fag end of the day...:(
Glad it went well....

saurnav said:
Did you and your wife sign and gave FP on I-551 form at the time of interview. I was told that this will happen for us when we go there for PP stamping after receiving 485 approval notice in the mail - is this normal.
I and my wife signed and FingerPrinted a form during our AOS interview..... [April-06-2005] I am not sure about the form number.... Parrot Green [light] color.....
Maybe that is what is used for the regular Card ordering and approval process. They did not get our FPs yesterday.... nor did they fill out any special forms.

Good luck and Best wishes,
V!!

Hi all,

My wife just a couple of minutes back, got the approval letter to my attorney's place.

So waiting to get the earliest Infopass appointment....

thanks
GlenMD

PS: GC4US, I have sent you private message......

Hi GlenMD,

It is good to learn that your wife got the approval. CONGRATS.
This info. is very helpful as ours is also a similar case, 485 approval pending FP results. Unfortunately my FP is not yet taken. I have been to the BAL center iagain n AN yesterday and after waiting for an hour I was told they will not do the FP as there were too many people already waiting with appointment. I was asked to come today at 8 AM but I could not make it as I sprained my knee and cannot walk. Anyway, I might go tomorrow if I can manage, let us see!! Anyway, it is good to learn that it is quick once they receive the FP results.

One more issue I have is that they have not taken our FP on I-551, we were told that it will happen during PP stamping. I guess those who get direct approval without a transfer they do their final FP on I-551 at the time of PP stamping - is that correct?

I am happy for all the recent approvals such as yours, gc4us, 485someday and EB2NIW, LULU and some others and hope those waiting for the Int. Lett get their turn as quickly as possible.

saurnav said:
Hi GlenMD,

It is good to learn that your wife got the approval. CONGRATS.
This info. is very helpful as ours is also a similar case, 485 approval pending FP results. Unfortunately my FP is not yet taken. I have been to the BAL center iagain n AN yesterday and after waiting for an hour I was told they will not do the FP as there were too many people already waiting with appointment. I was asked to come today at 8 AM but I could not make it as I sprained my knee and cannot walk. Anyway, I might go tomorrow if I can manage, let us see!! Anyway, it is good to learn that it is quick once they receive the FP results.

One more issue I have is that they have not taken our FP on I-551, we were told that it will happen during PP stamping. I guess those who get direct approval without a transfer they do their final FP on I-551 at the time of PP stamping - is that correct?

== You are right as i can also remember my friend's experiences.

I am happy for all the recent approvals such as yours, gc4us, 485someday and EB2NIW, LULU and some others and hope those waiting for the Int. Lett get their turn as quickly as possible.

*** GC Saga comes to an end Cards Recieved ***

Hello All:
I just wanted to update everybody that we recieved our cards in the mail on April 15th, 2005. Interview was on March 23rd, 2005. Based on past cases everyone should expect cards approximately after a month from interview date.

I want to thank everyone for their assistance & suppport on this board. I wish speedy approvals for all of your cases & best of luck in the future.

Regards,
485someday

485someday said:
Hello All:
I just wanted to update everybody that we recieved our cards in the mail on April 15th, 2005. Interview was on March 23rd, 2005. Based on past cases everyone should expect cards approximately after a month from interview date.

I want to thank everyone for their assistance & suppport on this board. I wish speedy approvals for all of your cases & best of luck in the future.

Regards,
485someday

Congratulations once again 485Someday...... :):)
Glad to hear that wonderful news... Thanks for your timely updates and feedback. It is helpful to know how much time it takes (approx, atleast).
Wishing you the very best in all your endeavours...

So, are you planning to create the N400Someday account... ;) Enjoy the freedom..

Cheers!!
V!

Hi GlenMD,

The FP Status check number (304-625-5590) that you had given is an auotomated service or one would need to speak with a representative? How this system works? My FP was retaken yesterday and I would like to check the FP status shortly to see if the results were alredy sent. Thanks

that's good to hear,

You have to call that number and if i am right(it is option 3) and you should provide your A number and then the rep.. is going to provide you the status whether the fp has been sent to USCIS or not....

If you were taken over the machine. then you should check today... If not just wait for couple of days and then call them.

Thanks GlenMD, I called the number and I was told that the results were sent to INS on same day yesterday.

Hi ppl, friends.....

Just couple of news and comments... I had my interview at Balt yesterday. It lasted around 50 min, officer was very nice and polite. aSKED THE CLASSIC QUESTIONS YES NO, HOW DID i MEET MY WIFE, birthday (I messed up and could not remmember her b day after 11 yrs) but it was OK. He cranked some jokes and after 15 min I was very comfortable.
He said we will receive a written notice either with approval or denial with a reason within 6 months.
It looks like I am one way the other DONE. That was my worse experience of life time. I had up and downs but never frusturated like the last four yrs since 2001. So what I learned:

It is WASTE of time to spend research on the internet for immigration.
It was WASTE of time to check who is approved who is not,
It was WASTE of time to check the new laws and expect that it will accelarate my case which it has NEVER.
It was WASTE of time to call immigration,
It was WASTE of time to write to senators,
It was WASTE of time to think (usually night time) about when the hell my case will be approved.

All this time is taken from my work and wife and childeren. So my friends IT SHALL BE SAID THAT PLEASE AND AT LEAST YOU DO NOT WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME AS I HAD BECAUSE BELIEVE ME IT DOES NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

Good and best luck to all

Regards,

Josh

Anyway today i got the stamping done to my case.

we requested to get passport stamped for my spouse also. but she said that she cannot do as we have to take another appointment.....

so now, i have to go again and get our passport stamped...

thanks
glenmd

why 6 more months

izmr said:
Hi ppl, friends.....

Just couple of news and comments... I had my interview at Balt yesterday. It lasted around 50 min, officer was very nice and polite. aSKED THE CLASSIC QUESTIONS YES NO, HOW DID i MEET MY WIFE, birthday (I messed up and could not remmember her b day after 11 yrs) but it was OK. He cranked some jokes and after 15 min I was very comfortable.
He said we will receive a written notice either with approval or denial with a reason within 6 months.
---- why 6 more months????????????????????
It looks like I am one way the other DONE. That was my worse experience of life time. I had up and downs but never frusturated like the last four yrs since 2001. So what I learned:

It is WASTE of time to spend research on the internet for immigration.
It was WASTE of time to check who is approved who is not,
It was WASTE of time to check the new laws and expect that it will accelarate my case which it has NEVER.
It was WASTE of time to call immigration,
It was WASTE of time to write to senators,
It was WASTE of time to think (usually night time) about when the hell my case will be approved.

All this time is taken from my work and wife and childeren. So my friends IT SHALL BE SAID THAT PLEASE AND AT LEAST YOU DO NOT WASTE YOUR PRECIOUS TIME AS I HAD BECAUSE BELIEVE ME IT DOES NOT CHANGE ANYTHING.

Good and best luck to all

Regards,

Josh

glenmd said:
Anyway today i got the stamping done to my case.

we requested to get passport stamped for my spouse also. but she said that she cannot do as we have to take another appointment.....

so now, i have to go again and get our passport stamped...

thanks
glenmd

Hi GlenMD,
Just returned from a long trip [Wednesday to Sunday]
Congrats on your PP stamping......
I guess it is solely upto the IIO to entertain spouse stamping in the same appointment.... Somehow it worked for me....
Don't worry, it is a matter of few days before you get her PP stamped too.

Best wishes
V!

Cards Received :)

Hi All,
Thanks to GOD!!
We returned from a "Small" Long trip today and found "The Letters" and "The Card" :):) in our mailbox.
We had our interviews on April-06-2005 and PP stamping on April-18-2005
The cards have a "Residency start date" Apr-06-2005, same as our interview date...

This forum has been of tremendous help for us, just as it has been for many others. Thanks to each and every one of you for your invaluable time, response, help, followup, suggestions, well wishes, prayers, encouragement......

It might seem simple after crossing the bridge.... but the journey itself is more important, I guess, and gives a rare opportunity to see the best of values in everyone trying to help each other cross the river.... err.... ocean :rolleyes:

Best wishes to each and every one waiting for their "Golden Moment".
Our sincere prayers and wishes for all to have a smooth and faster sail and a peaceful future.

Best wishes
V!

P.S:
I will be spending some time on these forums regularly to share my experiences if that might help anyone in similar waters.

Hi Gc4us,

congrats to see the card. It is good.

anyway we will be going on wednesday and get her stamping done.

In the mean time, I got the letters "Welcome to America " and it said that cards will be mailed within 3 weeks.....

did you also get same type of letters.??

thanks
glenMD