Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

presbyopia

Baltimore is at frull speed
as per online infor:
I-485 will be done around 90 days

------give the link to online that says Baltimore will approve I-485 in 90 days.Baltimore Local USCIS office is processing I-485 cases with reciept notice of May,01,2003

Here is the link for Baltimore Local USCIS processing

http://www.immigration.com/processing-times/national.html

So I am quite sure your guys can expect your trasfer case done around 90 days

Good luck!

Originally posted by ginnu
presbyopia

Baltimore is at frull speed
as per online infor:
I-485 will be done around 90 days

------give the link to online that says Baltimore will approve I-485 in 90 days.Baltimore Local USCIS office is processing I-485 cases with reciept notice of May,01,2003

All the Transfer case RD is much earlier than May 1 2003

so We can presume we can get our case done within 90 days.

As a matter of fact, I have seen recently one friend interview date less than 90 days after transfer to Baltimore local. (including FP during this time)

SO we have good ground to expect it, don't you think so?

All the Transfer case RD is much earlier than May 1 2003
--- You are correct
so We can presume we can get our case done within 90 days.
---- May be, because what I have read is that they finish the interview in 2-4 months after transfer.
As a matter of fact, I have seen recently one friend interview date less than 90 days after transfer to Baltimore local. (Including FP during this time)
**If you know about a case better ask your friend and post the below info so that it can help others:
----- When did he or his lawyer got the transfer notice from VSC
---- What date file was transferred to Baltimore( it will be on transfer notice that your friend or lawyer received from VSC)
---- After the transfer notice he was supposed to get fingerprinting notice to go for fingerprinting in 120 days. When did he received that FP notice
---- When he did his FP
----- On what date he received Interview letter
---- What was the date of interview (generally interview date is after 1-2 months after they send interview letter.
----- What was the main reason for file transfer to Baltimore for Interview? Was it routine or AC21 case? What documents were asked to bring at the time of interview? What main questions officer asked him or what documents officer had a look.
--- Did he get GC stamp the same day of Interview?

SO we have good ground to expect it, don't you think so?
---- I still think it takes 2 to 4 months after file transfer that is what was told to one of my friend by a good lady lawyer from MD

Transfer date Feb 3
Received the transfer notice letter Feb 11
Fingerprint letter received on Feb 24 to do finger prints in 120 days.

Did the second fingerprinting on March 2

Did they send Interview letter after fingerprinting is done or before that
Interview letter not received till date

Presbyopia:
Would you kind enough to post the info from your friend that Ginnu asked it will help me to prepare when I can expect interview date or when I can expect to get interview letter.
Thanks

2nd finger printing

JUST RECD NOTICE FOR 2ND FINGER PRINTING SCHEDULED FOR 16TH APRIL 2004.
Could anyone please guide how long should it take for the interview to be scheduled??
Anil

anil64

---You may receive Interview letter in 15 days and your Interview date will be after 30-50 days the day you receive Interview letter.

JUST RECD NOTICE FOR 2ND FINGER PRINTING SCHEDULED FOR 16TH APRIL 2004
----- Did they specify the date 16 for FP? Because normally Baltimore send second FP letter to go for FP in 120 days and one can go any day after the FP notice is received

Shikha

Did they send Interview letter after fingerprinting is done or before that
Interview letter not received till date
--- They can send any time, I hope you may receive Interview letter in 5-6 days and your interview date will be after 30-50 days after interview letter. I hope they will finish your case before May

2nd finger printing

Ginnu,
Thank you for your prompt info!
yes they have specified the date od April16, 2004 FOR ME AND MY WIFE!
Will keep this thread posted of all developments!
Looks like things are movibg in the fast lane! Thank God!
Anil

I did not receive neither transfer notice nor 2nd FP notice. My case transfer date is February 23 (online). I have no lawyer to whom they may have send notices. I changed address in the beginning of February (mailed form and called BCIS).
Any suggestions?
Is there any phone number to call Baltimore office?

alexk

I did receive neither transfer notice nor 2nd FP notice. My case transfer date is February 23 (online). I have no lawyer to whom they may have send notices. I changed address in the beginning of February (mailed form and called BCIS).
Any suggestions?
---- I suspect the transfer notice went to old address and returned, I hope you filed form AR11 (it does not go to USCIS) and you updated NCSC 18003755283 and NCSC is handled by contractors and they send the info to USCIS and I have seen many cases address is not changed by USCIS or they transferred the file before they received the File to Baltimore and you were supposed to write a letter also to service center to update your address in all pending application and you should have attached copy ofI-485 receipt . You need to visit local Baltimore office and update your address because they will also send the letter for Fingerprinting and Interview date to old address
Is there any phone number to call Baltimore office?
Baltimore Local office phone # is 410- 962-2338. Option 4, provide your name, DOB, old address and new address AND A#( A# is very important)
** Write a letter to Baltimore USCIS that your file was transferred to Baltimore on XYZ date from VSC and you did not receive any letter in this regard and also provide tour I-485 # A# , name, I-485 filing receipt copy, DOB and new address in bold and request the letters to you on new address. Out side the envelope write in bold big letters: I-485 File transferred from VSC, new address update
Send this letter with return receipt ASAP to:
Baltimore District office
31 Hopkins Plaza, Fallon Federal Building
Baltimore, Maryland 21201

Last edited by a moderator:
alexk

Go to BCIS online status punch your I-485 receipt # and take out the printout that your I-485 has been transferred to Baltimore and attach that as evidence that your I-485 has been transferred to Baltimore attach that evidence with your letter to Baltimore with all your other info as i wrote above.

VSC to Baltimore Transfer date Feb 3
Received the transfer notice letter Feb 11
Fingerprint letter received on Feb 24 to do finger prints in 120 days.

Did the second fingerprinting on March 2
Interview letter received March 12
Interview date is May 27
Ginnu your predictions are correct

my case

transfer Jan. 21st to baltimore from VSC
FP notice Feb.13th (then it is weekend plus president's day)
FP done Feb 17th
Interview notice received at Feb.25
Interview date: April 15th

Less than 90 days.

So according to recent statistics:

Baltimore is at full speed.
If you do you FP ASAP, it will make interview date earlier.

I received one transfer notice from VSC. it is one week later my transfer date.
THen got FP notice from Baltimore local center
then interview notice from batimore local center.

Total three letters (one from VSC, the other two from Baltimore local)