Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Status on Transfer to local offices

I am on the same boat with most of you now. My case was transfered to Baltimore on Nov. 17, 2003. I am wondering if there are any updated dates for this process.

My RD 06/23/02, ND 06/06/02, FP 09/18/2002

Thanks for any information you can share.

Originally posted by 485bn
hi
pegh

can you list the docments ,which you took for interview.. that will
will help me... to prepare docs for my spouse..

appreciated you help

I brought all the original documents that were copied in the I-485 application. These are the items the IIO specifically asked for during my interview:

- marriage certificate
- my birth certificate
- all passports I have had since I entered this country (including expired ones--this depends on your country of citizenship--some countries just keep extending the validity of one passport while others issue new ones when the old one expires)
- EAD
- I-94 (which he took away and warned me not to leave the country while waiting for results)

I actually brought stuff pertaining to my husband's employment (letter, paystubs, etc) and other items to show further proof of marriage (house title, car titles, bank statements, etc.) but he didn't ask for anything like that. I also had all receipt and approval notices we ever got from INS but again, nothing like that was requested.

Good luck!

pegh

do you know how much a lawyer charges to accompany for
interview is 175.00 hr is reasonable..

they will be charging 175.00 hr since we pick from there office.

Originally posted by 485bn
pegh

do you know how much a lawyer charges to accompany for
interview is 175.00 hr is reasonable..

they will be charging 175.00 hr since we pick from there office.

Hi,

I really don't have any good feel for how much an hourly rate "should" be. I imagine it's a function of geography (both you and your lawyer.....for example, my lawyer is from out of state so I actually paid for his expenses that day to come in for the interview) and what kind of law firm he/she comes from.

A few years ago, I had a lawyer for my H1-B that had practically no overhead (no secretary, no assistants, just one small office where he did everything himself) so he was much cheaper in general than the one we used for our 485 processing. For the 485, we switched just because there were some other complications in our case and this law firm we used came highly recommended by other friends.

At this point, it is probably just a matter of intuition for you whether you feel it is worth it or not.

I have to add that I actually would not even have asked my lawyer to accompany me if not for two issues in my case:

1. I was worried about why my case was transferred while my husband's was approved outright (we suspected it was my FP problems but weren't sure).
2. My husband by the time of my interview had changed employment so I was worried there may be complications.

As it turns out, the interview went very smoothly and I probably didn't need the lawyer but it was really more of a security blanket thing for me at that point....

Good luck!

does anybody has sample filled in form fo affidavit of support under section 213a fo the act.

folks

its finally over

today my spouse got stamped in Baltimore.

we went at 8am and we were out by 9am.

verified all the documents and ask few questions and stamped the ppt.

lady officer so nice and polite. she was assisted by another officer.

Case transfered on 25jul 2003

2nd FP was done on 2aug 2003
ID 12/11/03
stamped 12!/11/03

i thank all of you , for your support , guidence, hints and tips

all the best for folks waiting for Stamping..

Received approval letter!

I received a letter yesterday from the Baltimore office informing me I have been approved and that I will get my card in "9 to 12 months" (hopefully sooner!)

I was also told I could go to Baltimore to get a stamp on my PP if I wanted to have proof of my approval. Since I already signed the white card, gave pictures, surrendered my I-94 during my interview last September, I don't really *need* to get the PP stamped but of course I plan to go!

I will post when the card actually arrives!

Congratulations! Pegh. I'm so glad to hear this news and feel happy for you. Based on my experience, you will will get the card in about one month. We are lucky to have Baltimore office to process our cases.

Originally posted by MD485
Congratulations! Pegh. I'm so glad to hear this news and feel happy for you. Based on my experience, you will will get the card in about one month. We are lucky to have Baltimore office to process our cases.

Thanks, MD485! I am really so relieved that the journey is almost done! My husband had gotten his card exactly 4 weeks after his stamping and I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I hope my experience will match his and yours!! :D

Interviewed and stamped

Today we were interviewed and got passports stamped. Our interview was a smooth one, performed by a polite and efficient young officer. It lasted about half hour. The procedure was just as previous descriptions by the earlier posts. Before interview I was little bit worry as no body called my name after one hour passed the scheduled time. The lady worked in the service station told me it might be late up to 2 hours. If the same thing happens to you, do not be panic, just sit and wait (bring a good book with you). The waiting room was almost filled with people. The INS officers were busily performing their task. I think we could not blame these INS employees for the delay of GC approval and they work as hard as you and me, according to my observation.

There was security check in the building entry, and procedure was kind of slow, so make sure arrive there at least half hour early (we arrived one hour early).

I honestly appreciate every contributor in this forum who shared the precious experiences with us. This forum is really helpful. I wish every one get the GC soon.

Congradulation, BC. Did your birth certificate cause any problem as you worried. Any special questions you got? Please share your experience.

experiences

rage, thanks for your congratulations. The officer did ask why we did not have birth ceritificates (but not seriously). I simply told him every body in China with my age did not have birth certificate, but we had household register which used by notary agent. He seemed to accept my explanation and did not ask for further.

rage, when did you get your Interview notice

Could you let me know!
I just got mine and my family file transfered to Baltimore!
(I just ckeck online message)!
From most of cases I knew, it took about 5 month In Baltimore Local office to get our file close (interview).
So how is your case as of today!

I got mine in the end of October. One month after the transfer date. The interview is at least 4 months after your interview notice date. Keep fingers crossed please. Hope yours is faster than mine. I have been in this process for 2 years.

Guys/Gals,

Does anybody know what the best way to find out if your transfer has taken place is. I have been to the Baltimore office twice and each time been told that the transfer has still not taken place. The recept date from Atl says that they received the intent to tranfer on Dec 2nd. Am I getting worried abt nothing. Does it take this long. I was told 45 days but it has been over that. Any help or info would be greatly appreciated. Also if anyone is going to the Baltimore office please let me know.

Thanks,

QCO..

Quick update

Originally posted by MD485

Hi MD485!

Your estimate of the time was on the mark! I received my card today 1/23. Factoring in holidays during Christmas and New Year, that is just about a month from 12/18.

There was no change to my online status message....this was just an unexpected but very very welcome surprise in my mailbox today!!!

Thanks again to everyone on this forum (I'll be sticking around and hope to help others as so many have helped me!)

I'm off to update Rupnet!

question

I need go for my interview very soon. I am not sure if I need bring new photos with me or I can take photo shots at Baltimore office. Anyone has any experience? Thanks

My I-485 file has been transferred to Baltimore on Feb 3 for Interview (according to BCIS online status)
My I-485 was filed with VSC in July 2002 (EB3)

How many days it takes VSC to transfer the file to Baltimore?

Usually how long should I have to wait to get the interview notice after the transfer (Your guess)

When will be my interview conducted at Baltimore Local USCIS? (Your guess)

I have other problem I changed my employer after I-140 approved and I-485 pending more than 180 days but I still maintain H1 with new employer. I was ready to send the future permanent employment letter from my new employer to use AC21 to VSC but I-485 file got transferred to Baltimore. Can I submit the AC21 or new employer letter at the time of Interview? Or I will expect problems?
Thanks in advance