Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Shikha :

did you contact local congressman/senator regarding your case before the transferred?

gc_2000

I have not contacted any local congressman/senator regarding my case before the transfer to Baltimore could you please guide me about my other questions.
thanks

Shikha,

I contacted Senator Paul Sarbanes. They forwarded me to Joyce revell who can be reached at 410-962-4436. She was really nice and courteous. Hope this helps.

QCO

QCO1

Thanks for the info
Joyce revell is in Baltimore USCIS office or in Senator Paul Sarbanes office? do you mean I can reach Joyce revell 410-962-4436 in Baltimore USCIS office ?

I need your input for below:
My I-485 file has been transferred to Baltimore on Feb 3 for Interview (according to BCIS online status)

How many days it takes VSC to transfer the file to Baltimore?

Usually how long should I have to wait to get the interview notice after the transfer (Your guess)

When will be my interview conducted at Baltimore Local USCIS? (Your guess)

I have other problem I changed my employer after I-140 approved and I-485 pending more than 180 days but I still maintain H1 with new employer. I was ready to send the future permanent employment letter from my new employer to use AC21 to VSC but I-485 file got transferred to Baltimore. Can I submit the AC21 or new employer letter at the time of Interview? Or I will expect problems?
Thanks in advance

Thanks for the info
Joyce revell is in Baltimore USCIS office or in Senator Paul Sarbanes office? do you mean I can reach Joyce revell 410-962-4436 in Baltimore USCIS office ?
***She is in Senator Sarbanes Office
I need your input for below:
My I-485 file has been transferred to Baltimore on Feb 3 for Interview (according to BCIS online status)

How many days it takes VSC to transfer the file to Baltimore?
*** From what I have heard the whole process after the transfer normally takes 4 months
Usually how long should I have to wait to get the interview notice after the transfer (Your guess)

When will be my interview conducted at Baltimore Local USCIS? (Your guess)

I have other problem I changed my employer after I-140 approved and I-485 pending more than 180 days but I still maintain H1 with new employer. I was ready to send the future permanent employment letter from my new employer to use AC21 to VSC but I-485 file got transferred to Baltimore. Can I submit the AC21 or new employer letter at the time of Interview? Or I will expect problems?
Thanks in advance

Mine is a family based petition so I am not so sure what the case would be under these circumstances. Hope this helps and I am sorry for the delay in answering your questions. Hope you have a good day...

Regards,

QCO

Guys and Gals,

Does anyone know how long it takes for a transfer request. I requested a transfer on Nov 11th 2003 and I recently found out my case is still in Atlanta. Now my dilemma is that my EAD expires in March so where should I file for the renewal. Atl or Baltimore. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx in Advance,

QCO

Sorry about the mistake my EAD expires in May. Also my RD is April 15 2003. Does Baltimore go by my old RD or the day it received the transfer.

Thanxs in Advance,

QCO

Three weeks ago I reported change of address. Yesterday my case has been transferred to Baltimore from VSC.

I-140 EB1-A ND 4-24-02
RFE 8-1-03
AD 11-6-03

I-485 ND 8-28-02
Transferred 2-23-04

Originally posted by alexk
Three weeks ago I reported change of address. Yesterday my case has been transferred to Baltimore from VSC.

I-140 EB1-A ND 4-24-02
RFE 8-1-03
AD 11-6-03

I-485 ND 8-28-02
Transferred 2-23-04

How did you know it? from on-line or your lawyer?

Online. Message changed this morning.

I did not use lawer to file either I-140 or I-485.
But my company hired a lawer for me to answer RFE for I-140.

your lawyer or you may recieve Transfer notice in 5-6 days from VSC at your address in Gaithersburg or Montgomery village then Baltimore will send you interview date notice after around 1 month after Transfer date and interview date letter will have the required documents ticked that you have to take at the time of interview.
I have listned that Baltimore local office has good officers and a good lady officer and she does not ask for lot of documents.
Good Luck!!

Transfer date Feb 3
Received the transfer notice letter Feb 11
Fingerprint letter received on Feb 24 to do finger prints in 120 days.
I have received the letter to go for Fingerprints and Interview date is not written on the letter

What next? How many days for interview? When I can expect my interview

Thanks

transferred to Baltimore local iffice

:) my case was transferred to baltimore local office on 2/27/04

my details are as follows
EAD RENEWED IN SEPT 2003
I485 RECD 22 AUG 2002
I-140 APPROVED NOV2002

Once the I-485 file is transferred from VSC to Baltimore
1. You or your lawyer will get a file transfer notice in 5-8 days from the date the file is transferred to Baltimore
2. If I-485 was filed more than 15 months then you will receive fingerprinting notice from Baltimore this letter is sent after 20-25 days of file transfer
3. Normally they will send Interview letter after 1 month from transfer date and Interview date can be between 2 to 4 months after transfer date

Two weeks passed and I did not receive any notice from VSC concerning transfer. 1-800 people are helpless as usually.

Check with your lawyer who filed I-485, he recieves the transfer notice from VSC. if you filed I-485 directly then the transfer notice will come to you. if you hired any layer for any RFE and filed form G28 then check with that lawyer. did you change address after filing I-485?