Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

Presbyopia and Shikha

Wish you good Luck and all the best for your interview!!!

Don’t forget to post the Interview experience here for others.

Are you going to officer A, B, C?( that is on your Interview notice) Officer B is very good ,it is experience of some one who went for interview last month and got approved

question for Ginnu

Hi Ginnu,
Thanks for your info all this time!
Do u think its a good idea to go for fingerprinting earlier than the scheduled date of April 16, 2004??:)

Hi, Ginnu,

I tried calling to Baltimore office. First of all, the correct number is (410) 962-2338. Second, option 4 is for canceling an appointment. They may have changed their menu.
Confused.

anil64

Do u think its a good idea to go for fingerprinting earlier than the scheduled date of April 16, 2004??

----- Yes, better go for fingerprinting earlier than Interview date because they need FP to be cleared at the time of Interview

alexk
Thanks for correcting the phone# I have corrected it in my earlier post. did you get any ifo about your file transfer from Baltimore on the phone?

I got the usual reply from 1-800 number: wait for 1 month. Then we make a non-delivery request.

What is more confusing, is that online message do not say (as usually) that they have send me a notice. Usually they write: ... notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address.

Here is what I got online:
On February 23, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in BALTIMORE, MD for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in BALTIMORE, MD will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Any comments?

On February 23, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in BALTIMORE, MD for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in BALTIMORE, MD will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

---- This the info online status shows when file is transferred.

** If I am in your situation I will go to local Baltimore office and update the address and will find the status because they may have sent Interview notice or Fingerprinting notice to the address that is on your I-485. Take your I-485 filing receipt copy and some other ID like driving license. Don’t depend on NCSC 1-8003755283 they are contractors and not immigration experts or lawyers. If you have your lawyer better contact him or write to local Baltimore BCIS with online transfer print out and update your address ASAP, send letter with certified return receipt to Baltimore USCIS and write your name, DOB, A# and attach copy of I-485 filing receipt and out side the envelope write in bold: I-485 Transferred to Baltimore from VSC my New address Change notification. I will not depend on NCSC update.

Just received 2nd FP notice from Baltimore. They send it to my old address.

Never got transfer notice from VSC.

I will try to resolve my new address issue at Weaton FP center, or alternatively, will have to go in person or write to Baltimore Office.

Weaton FP center will not resolve address issue; you must visit Baltimore USCIS office or write them

Never got transfer notice from VSC
---- that was also sent to old address and went back to VSC

alex

hi there
congratulations for your finger printing notice!
Just curious to know what date is it for?
On top right hand corner, what is the service center from where this notice has been sent. is it ESC??
THANKS
ANIL

Hi alexk

Could u please guide me as to what is the service centre from where this finger-printing notice has been recd by you, bcos mine has a specific scheduled date 0f 04/16/2004 where-as you have a duration of 120 days grace period!
Anil

My FP notice came from Baltimore District Office. It is printed not on usual I-797C form, but on a letter signed by District Office Director.

It says: "... we are requesting that you come to one of the fingerprint facilities ... within the next 120 days to have a new set of fingerprints completed. The sooner you come in the sooner your application can be completed."

It says nothing about paying for 2FP. So I guess, it is covered by previous 50$ charge.

And finally ...
I received my transfer notice. It was mailed first to my old address, got returned back to VSC and remailed by them to my new address.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did 2FP on Friday.
On Saturday got second set of FP notices. Now from Vermont. They had a specific date - April 4.
Too late.

Did 2FP on Friday.
On Saturday got second set of FP notices. Now from Vermont. They had a specific date - April 4.
------ You can go again for fingerprinting, I hope one is needed to do the fingerprinting again if the fingerprints expired or did fingerprinting 15 months back. Have you done the fingerprinting earlier after you filed I-485 with VSC? Because in 2002 and early 2003 I have seen the VSC sent FP notice after I-485 package was received and they generated FP notice in 15-20 days of I-485 filing, many got duplicate FP notice at that time. Nothing wrong going again for FP. As you have done the FP you are safe for interview as they have the record and you might have also got the receipt from FP office and they have stamp on it March 19 if you did on Friday, keep that receipt with you. Don’t worry about FP on April 4 again. it has nothing to do with your Interview date; you may be receiving Interview date notice in 5-10 days. I hope your Interview date will be 2nd or third week or May 2004May

** Weaton has Chinese looking good supervisor and expert in FP inform him if you need to do the FP again as you have done on March 19. He is good and knows what to do and will advise if you need FP again on April 4

As predicted, got my interview letter from Baltimore District Office. It is for May 18th.

Full speed (hopefully).

alexk

Hi Alex
Could u pls let us know what date did u go for finger-printing?
Did the local office get the results of fingerprinting to schedule the interview date of May 18th 2004
Thank You
Anil

anil64
Baltimore does not wait for your fingerprints cleared to generate Interview notice date. One of my friends file transferred to Baltimore in third week of Feb and received the FP notice to go for FP in 120 days. He still has not gone for FP and plans to go next week. He got his Interview notice 2 days back and his Interview date is May 20.

This observation is correct.

My interview notice date is March 17.
I did my fingerprints on March 19. They will be cleared probably next week.

FBI clears fingerprints taken on machine in 1-2 days and if taken on Fingerprinting card then it takes 10-12 days.

Ginnu and Alex

Just recd another finger-printing notice from local office AT BALTIMORE and we went for finger-printing at Wheaton on Wed 3/24/04.
Do u think i should still go for the other finger-printing appointment of
April 16th 2004??
Anil