Baltimore transfer at 8/6 (RD 1/16/2002)

I did not decide what to do. I am hoping that my online message will change acknowledging results of FP that I did using notice from Baltimore. If not, I will probably send my wife to Wheaton with notices from VSC and she will figure it out.

You see, no wonder the whole process is stuck. Different divisions are duplicating their responsibilities. Instead of making it work faster, they create more headache.

alexk
Online message will NOT change for fingerprints results if file is transferred to local offices.

I attended my interview on the 24th and got approved.

EB3 category I485 filed in June 2002

This forum is great, it helped me go through the long waiting period with ease. Thanks for all your posts guys.

Congratulations.

It took a while - you have been waiting for interview sinse November last year.

I received today a letter from VSC concerning my change of address call on February 9. They say that case has been transferred to Baltimore and I should make all future requests to the local office.

Actually, last week I already mailed a letter to Baltimore with information about address change.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did second FP on March 18. In a week or so I received another FP notice from VSC scheduled for April 8th.

As we discussed before and as I discovered myself, there is no way to figure out fingerprint status after case transfer. Online message would not change, 1-800 people know nothing, FBI only will tell you if you order your criminal records, etc.

It appeared, that the easiest way was to send my wife to Wheaton Office with second set of notices. Over there they checked our FP status, told her that we are cleared by FBI and that we should disregard any further FP notices.

Guys and Gals,

I finally got a request for FP from Baltimore today. I had a few questions about that and was wondering if you could help me out with that.
1. Do I need to make an appt or just walk in during the week that they have allocated.
2. How long after the FP can I expect an Interview Notice.
3. Anything I need to be prepared for? Mine is a marriage based petition .

Thanks,

QCO

RD 04/15/03
TD 11/25/03
FP 04/22/04

Originally posted by QCO1
Guys and Gals,

I finally got a request for FP from Baltimore today. I had a few questions about that and was wondering if you could help me out with that.
1. Do I need to make an appt or just walk in during the week that they have allocated.
-----just walk in , check on the attached sheet they are open
2. How long after the FP can I expect an Interview Notice.
---- I forget your transfer date, you may be getting interview notice in 5-10 days and once you get interview notice you Interview date will be after 50-60 days from the date of interview notice
3. Anything I need to be prepared for? Mine is a marriage based petition .
-----I am not expert on family based cases, others may reply
Thanks,

QCO

RD 04/15/03
TD 11/25/03
FP 04/22/04

Thanks Ginnu. The date for the FP is between 04/22-04/29 at the wheaton office. How long does it take for the result of the FP. I thought somebody told me the Wheaton office was electronic but maybe I am wrong? Also is there a number I should be calling to check the status of the FP once it sone or just let nature take its course;)

Thanks,

QCO

Originally posted by QCO1
Thanks Ginnu. The date for the FP is between 04/22-04/29 at the wheaton office.
---wheaton office is also open on saturdays, go any satuday before3 PM or any time other day. they will take the FP and it takes only 10-15 minutes
How long does it take for the result of the FP.
--- I hope it is your second FP if that is true then your earlier FP are in FBI database and FBI generaly clear the next day, you dont have to woory about FP cleared it is new Rule that if 15 months have passed for FP then one needs to do second FP. if it is your First FP it will be cleared in 3-4 days

I thought somebody told me the Wheaton office was electronic but maybe I am wrong?
Wheaton office is electronic but if any problems with finger ridges then they can also take FP on on FP card
Also is there a number I should be calling to check the status of the FP once it dne or just let nature take its course
---- Not a problem, if you have earlier done the FP but if you still want to check call FBI CJIS Division 304625 3878 or 304 625 5590
ask them that you recieved notice from Baltimore USCIS to go for FP and you did your FP on date>>>> provide your A# and DOB and I-485 reciept # ask this AFTER 4-5 days you go for FP in weaton
Thanks,

QCO

Ginnu thanks for ur reply. This is my first FP so I guess I'll wait the 4-5 days and give them a call. Hopefully I'll get the interview notice in the next few days. Once again thanks for ur help and hope u have a good weekend.

Regards,

QCO

interviewed and stamped

Hi, guys, just for your info.

Our coupon got interviewed and approved and stamped in local office on April 15th.
It was about 30min session from interview to stamp the passport.

I have so many thanks to all those who contribute good info in this forum which make me so smoothly got our case approved.

Good luck to all of you following.

Hi, Congratulations for the approval, it must feels very good. Could u please share you interview experience? Which officer interviewed u? A/B/C?D? You case type? What document should we bring since I have an interview come soon. Thanks for the help>

presbyopia
Congratulations!!

I hope you will provide the info askedby" needluck1" he and others will benifit if you post your EXp in detail. did you know why your file was transfred to Baltimore? any issues? please post what is asked by "needluck1" he and others who have to visit Baltimore for interview will benifit from your info, better also provide the info which officer A orB orC or D conducted the interview.
Good luck!!

Some info

Ginnu and Needluck1:
thank you for your greetings.
Here is my detail:
I-140/I485 concurrent case with EB2 (NIW)
1FP Oct 22 2002
I-140/I485 RD Aug. 26 2002
I-140 approve Jan.15 2003
I-485 transfer to Baltimore Jan.21 2004 (as far as I know, More than 90% NIW case will transfer, at least in Baltimroe case, since Baltimre office is very quick in process, so it is our luck in this city)
2FP from Baltimore Feb 17 2004
Interview Notice Feb 25 for interview date April 15th 2004

Let's brief our interview:

1) be arrival at least half hour , hand our interview notice to the window, then find the seat , just waiting for our names to be called by the officer
2) About 45min later our scheduke time, An asain-American Miss officer call our names. SInce I don't know what it means by officer A/B/C/D?, so I am sorry I don't know how answer it.
3) Before we seated, she ask us to put up out right hand to make oath : everything we are saying is the true.
4) then She just went over my I485 application form one by one starting from our passport and Driver's license (ID check). this including all the related document which is in I-485 form: name, bithday, parent's first name, current status...... every step she might ask you for the original supporting document, then either take the copy or original. in my case: she just asked for: passort, J1 waive , H1b1, empoyment letter, recent 3 month paycheck stub copy, recently new federal tax return (since I had some on file)------------- THis is the key step for interview and the time will vary. for me, it take about 10 min, and then my wife, just ask for her EAD, and our son'e birth certifiicte (since our sone is born in USA)----I guess she think it is enough using son'e birth certificate as our marriage. We do hae our marriage certificate on hand, but she didn't ask for it.
THis step take us about just 15 mins, then she took all our I-94, EAD and H1b1/H4 I-94 part, told us, " I am gonna approve you both case, so you don't need it any more. Now I am gonna to request Visa Number? (I am not very quite sure), first I am sending you back to waiting room, I will call you again to give back to you the passort with stamp on it , You can temporary use this one for work an dtraval, ect. the card will be mailed to you within couple of months."
5) I think within 5 mins,during our waiting, she call my name, give me both me and my wife's passpot with stamp inside together with approval notice.

That's all I experinced, like I had said, it all depends on the differenct officer to ask for difference supporting documents......

In a word, as long as we prepared the all the documentand copy following the interview notice, everyone should be approval and stamped at the same time of interview.
unless something special happened suck as Name check, FP, backgroud, one special document is not ready---Medial record miss one , ect...

Wish my anwaer can give some info for interview

Good luck to all with coming interview

Guys and Gals,

Yesterday I received another notice from Baltimore to go get my FP's done. By the way this is going to be my 1st FP. The first notice gave me the dates between 04/22 -04/29
The scecond notice is between 05/03-05/07. I am planning to go on the 22nd. Can I just disregard the second notice.

Thanks,

QCO...

Thanks for answer my question. That is very helpfu. Officer A/B/C/D is listed in your interview notice along with your iterview time. If you could find it or remember it, that would be great. Thaks again and good luck on everything!

Spoke to my lawyer today and he told me that I can ignore the second FP notice. I also called the 800 number and they told me to ignore the second notice. Hope they are right. I am planning to go for FP's on the 22nd. Does the wait time for Interview start after getting the FP's done or once the notice is issues. The 1st notice was issued on the 7th and I have still not heard anything else since then except the second FP notice.

Thanks,

QCO....

Guys and Gals,

I went for my FP's at the Wheaton office today. We were invited in by 8:00 I had the second ticket and was out by 8:20. The nice lady told me that the results should be forwarded within 2 days. Also they asked just for a state ID and the FP notice.

Thanks,

QCO
p.s How long is the wait for the Interview and I am also still confused which date I should be counting March 29th/04 when my file got transfered to Baltimore or April 15/03 when I submitted the application for the processing date.

p.s How long is the wait for the Interview and I am also still confused which date I should be counting March 29th/04 when my file got transfered to Baltimore or April 15/03 when I submitted the application for the processing date.
----- dont count the above for Interview date, you will recieve Interview date notice from Baltimore, the day they send you Interview notice your Interview will be after 50-60 days, they will write the date and time for interview. i hope you will get Interview date notice in 10-15 days.