Atlanta Local Office Processing

Tufan,

Thanks. Couple of more questions:

1. I don't understand the thing about the name/background check. Is it different than running the fingerprints through the FBI database and saying there was no match?

2. After our interview, the Officer asked us to sign on a light blue form (thick paper) and took our index finger print on that form. Is that the actual Green card form? Does that mean that our name/background check is done and only the FP is awaited?

Thanks

ATLDesi,

Please ask your lawyer to follow-up with the officer who took your interview..

Here is my experience how I did my passport stamp pending after an interview:

(1 ) Officer went on vacation for 3 weeks and no one else can approve your case.

(2) Got the officer extenstion and dial their contact no. 404-331-1030. Always called between 7.00 AM to 7.30 AM. since they comes at 7.00 AM and start working at 7.30 AM. They takes phone before 7.30 AM only. That's how I kept contact with the interviewed officer via phone..I got their fax no. also 404-331-0045 and send a fax request also..

(3) Finally got call from the interviewed officer to come for the stamping..

So, my advice to every one to remember first and at atlease a last name of the officer..so you can keep in touch with them in case they won't stamp the passport by dialing 404-331-1030 and you can rich them via last name.

Wish you all the best and hope you will get yours stamping done soon!

ATLDesi said:
I'd like to know what happens after we get our fingerprints taken?

Staree has given a few numbers above, but I'm not sure which one to call.

Can someone help?

Thanks

Atlanta EB interview exp

STAREEE, TUFAN:
I recently(9/27) attended employment based interview and got approved foer the entire family of four. Even though many others have answered most of your questions, I offer my 2c.

AC21, did not work for sponsoring after labour in 1999.

We had a similar situation as STAREE My spouse had changed status from H4 to F1(went to Mexico for I-94) and again bask to I485 dependent, had changed residence two months before interview. Licence had a different address than I485/ AR11.

Tufan You can take your two year old with you. The waiting room is huge with rest room (No food or water allowed in the room, but there is a vending area in the same building). You can take some one along with you to baby sit while you attene interview. If you are willing to trust "Strangers On Line" you may leave him (or Her) with us in our house and take back after interview.

Different time for family members:
In our case they called all family members together during the interview.The schedule was half hour apart in the alphabatic order.

Photos:
According to me, you need not waste time or money taking pctures. There is a instant photo place within the building ($13 for 4 copies even though you need only 2) and the officer will let you go there and bring back the pictures if you are approved during the interview.

Either of you can contact me as user jraghav in Rupnet.

BOL

Interview Related

What do u mean by AC21 , did not work ?

Can you please give some details .
Also can you throw some more light on ur interview,like questions and docs.

I have an interview soon and I am terribly worried.

Thanks in Advance

Hermitcrab said:
STAREEE, TUFAN:
I recently(9/27) attended employment based interview and got approved foer the entire family of four. Even though many others have answered most of your questions, I offer my 2c.

AC21, did not work for sponsoring after labour in 1999.

We had a similar situation as STAREE My spouse had changed status from H4 to F1(went to Mexico for I-94) and again bask to I485 dependent, had changed residence two months before interview. Licence had a different address than I485/ AR11.

Tufan You can take your two year old with you. The waiting room is huge with rest room (No food or water allowed in the room, but there is a vending area in the same building). You can take some one along with you to baby sit while you attene interview. If you are willing to trust "Strangers On Line" you may leave him (or Her) with us in our house and take back after interview.

Different time for family members:
In our case they called all family members together during the interview.The schedule was half hour apart in the alphabatic order.

Photos:
According to me, you need not waste time or money taking pctures. There is a instant photo place within the building ($13 for 4 copies even though you need only 2) and the officer will let you go there and bring back the pictures if you are approved during the interview.

Either of you can contact me as user jraghav in Rupnet.

BOL

I am sorry that I sacrificed clarity for brevity in my telegraphic language. I meant to say that I did not work for my sponsoring employer after they filed my Labor. I quit and transferred my H1 to current employer in 1999May.
My current employer started my new GC with labor in TSC / Georgia while my previous employer kept the I140 / 485 going after LC was cleared. In March'04, I got RFE for the vermont 485 and responded with a AC21 letter. The case was transferred to ATL in July'04 since I had ATL address, interviewed on 9/27/04 and the rest of the story you already know.
My AC21 was successful and my passport was stamped on 9/27/04.

Interview questions vary, specific to each case. Earlier, only about 2% of emp. based case were getting interview. But the service centers started transferring cases in the name of Backlag reduction and hense more interviews. Your case may or may not have a specific reason for interview. Your lawyer, postings on this and similar forum will be a good source for finding out what could have triggered interview.
In my case, I went with spouse and kids and there were no serious questions - Only usual YES or NO type questions about communist terrorist and arrest. The officer asked the same question to all four in the same room and at the same time.
There is another post of mine in the same chain where I suggested to STAREE that we can ask a telephone or personal time with our lawyer to clarify our doubts / prepare for the interview.

Please feel free to ask specific questions by contacting me through Rupnet personal message if you think I can help.

Hermitcrab, thank you so much for sharing your information. Did your wife remain F1 status before the interview? Or did she notify USCIS after filing 485 and change F1 to 485-dependent?

stareee said:
Did your wife remain F1 status before the interview? Or did she notify USCIS after filing 485 and change F1 to 485-dependent?

You do not notify USCIS when you become an adjustee. My guess is that she was on F-1 so long as she did nothing to violate student status, or left the US. It shouldn't make a difference, anyways.

stareee said:
Hermitcrab, thank you so much for sharing your information. Did your wife remain F1 status before the interview? Or did she notify USCIS after filing 485 and change F1 to 485-dependent?
When we filed, I and my kids had a dual status - (I-485 adjustment pending from previous employers petition and H1 or H4 from current employer) while my wife gave up her F1 status when the I485 was filed. I renewed my H1 along with my kids h4 when she was studying.
She maintained H4 -> F1-> I-485 AOS pending->LPR.
Samjhe?

Hey guys,
this weekend i was trying to put together all the paperwork for the interview. i was quite surprised i have everything with me. I even have papers going back 1991 when i came to the country as a F-1 Student.

However, my biggest hurdle is that i am not able to find my original birth certificate. I have been trying to look hard! I have a copy of my birth certificate and then i have original high school marksheets. My birthdate is on my passport and my h-1b approvals etc!!

Could you please suggest something. What if i don't find my birth certificate? What are my options?

thanks in advance.

If you have a copy then you must have a registration number.
Assuming that you are from India, you can always ask someone in India to get a duplicate ( original) made. But please make sure that your first name is on the Birth certificate.
depending on when you were born they usually didnt write the first name on the BC.
I got a copy for my wife as her original was lost.
You can also get affidavits from people who know you here or in India.
There is set format which you will find somewhere on this forum.

Tufan
I think you can get Birth certificate from Indian Consulate. I applied my AOS using that. VSC never issued any RFE. One of my friend used this doc and approved in March 2001. I know my birth is not registered as I was born in 1964.

I do have a question. Our case is transferred to ATL on 9/9 from VSC. We got the transfer notices from VSC within 4-5 days. Will ATL office send us any notice after they receive the files? How can I inquire this?

In My case, the lawyer received the transfer otice and they sent me a scan of it. I do not remember receiving directly from VSc or ATL

Al_aos said:
If you have a copy then you must have a registration number.
Assuming that you are from India, you can always ask someone in India to get a duplicate ( original) made. But please make sure that your first name is on the Birth certificate.
depending on when you were born they usually didnt write the first name on the BC.
I got a copy for my wife as her original was lost.
You can also get affidavits from people who know you here or in India.
There is set format which you will find somewhere on this forum.

Al_aos, When i had submitted the copy of my BC, My first name was not on the birth certificate. If i request another original copy would it be necessary to have my name on the birth certificate.

I could not find the link to the affidavits sample forms, could you please guide me that.
thanks and sorry for the trouble.

RSK1 said:
Our case is transferred to ATL on 9/9 from VSC. We got the transfer notices from VSC within 4-5 days. Will ATL office send us any notice after they receive the files? How can I inquire this?

Atlanta USCIS will not send you any notification until it is time for your interview or fingerprinting. I would give it at least 45 days from the transfer before heading down with an InfoPass appointment.

tufan said:
Al_aos, When i had submitted the copy of my BC, My first name was not on the birth certificate. If i request another original copy would it be necessary to have my name on the birth certificate.
I dont know how they accepted a BC without name. When I submitted my sons they wanted his fist name to appear, otherwise my lawyer told me I should expect an RFE.
Anyways see if you can get one with your name or try to get affiadvits etc.

I could not find the link to the affidavits sample forms, could you please guide me that.
thanks and sorry for the trouble.
I will see if I can find a BC affidavit format. have you tried the USCIS site or try alt.us.visa in Google groups. I remember I saw one thier.

Al_aos and Real Canadian,

i got the sample letters for the affidavits.thanks for that.

What i wanted to know if i request another Original copy of my birth certificate from registerars office, then would it be ok to have my name put on that?

Secondly, will the officer question me that why you submitted different birth certficate earlier and now you are submitting different?
Does it matter if the birth certificates look different. Not in terms of content but since i have lost the original and i am submitting another original?

Also, the lawyer told me that i need I-134 affidavit of support for my wife. it was already submitted earlier, but he said just in case.

sorry if it's confusing but i just wanted to be safe than sorry.

Last edited by a moderator:
please help

Hi Tufan,

Good to hear that your interview is scheduled. Good luck.All my best wishes are with you.

Could You please post the documents you are preparing for the interview. Can You please post the employment letter format.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Tunu

Tunu, basically i am taking 3 years federal tax returns, new photos, old and new passports, any I-94's, H-1B approvals, copy of medicals, birth certficates, I-20 approvals(F-1 related), employment letter, copy of I-140 and labor, then All ead's, AP's and anything that's coming to my mind like, lease papers, utility bills, bank statements, college degree, high school certificates and marriage certificates.

I have not received the employment letter from the employer, basically it would be standard letter, about my start date of employment and my salary, my job responsibilites.

With help and prayers of all those great people on this forum, let's hope i get an approval. You never know until you walk away with the stamp what USCIS has in mind.