Atlanta Local Office Processing

Question for wonderful boy and TheRealcanadian.
I called 1-800 Ins no. and the lady said that local NY office is processing by TD.
This is diffetrent from thr info u got.
Also I relocated to Missouri in 8/04 , PD 1999 RD 9/6/02 ND 9/18/02 Fp2 7/16/04 ; i filed AR11 but did not call ins with address change.
Now MY FILE is transferred to NY local office on 9/25/05 - what do i do - let it be or ask for transferTO MISSOURI.
mY CONCERN IS ALSO WILLI BECOME A VICTIM OF REGESSING PRIORITY DATES IN THE NEAR FUTURE.
PLEASE ADVICE.

Desperately waiting for reply

Its your choice,

If you call 1-800- number about address change i don't know how much time it will take for them to notify the local office and move the files from NY (if they already moved there) to MISSOURI office. It may be a delay process. You will get better idea when you talk to 1-800 people only on this.

If you don't move it there then when they scheduled the interview you will send the notification only to NY address and will be bounced back because you not there at that address any more. Its a problem.

So what ever may be the consequence better you inform atleast now to 1-800- about change of address to get the file moved to MISSOURI.

lotuses,

I never said its not based on TD, but only thing i am saying guys is whatever the district timings given are not for transferred cases (based on 1-800 customer service guys feedback). There is no officially dates published for local process timings. May be ur right TD.

Hi, Guys,

I saw someone posted the message about the temporary I551 stamp on the passport. What is it? Does that mean if on the day of interview everything is fine except the name/background check and we can request the officer to give us a kind of temporary I1551 stamp on the passport? Could someone please explain this for me?

Another question is if after the interview everything is OK but the officer doesn't want to stamp our passports due to the pending name check, does that mean we need another interview after the name check cleaned? or they will send an approve notice directly to our home address so we can bring that for the stamp? Usually how long it takes to get the name check cleaned after the interview?

My case has been transfered to Cherry Hill, NJ on July 19 and the interview is scheduled on Oct 13. I am sending the inquiry for the name check results to FBI and haven't got any responses so far. Just worried a little bit about that.

Appreciate any helps.

NJJ

wonderfulboy said:
only thing i am saying guys is whatever the district timings given are not for transferred cases (based on 1-800 customer service guys feedback). There is no officially dates published for local process timings. May be ur right TD.

The folks at the 1-800 number don't know anything. Anyone who's dealt with them long enough will tell you that. :)

Real C, is correct. 800# is completely useless. It's not even worth talking to those $5/hr people. (doe takkae kae log)!!! Sorry, guys, i have had bad experiences with them therefore it's just the height of frustration.
Once my case got transferred one of these stupid 800 reps told me that Atlanta goes based upon TD. I had already waited in Vermont for 2.5 years by then and i was exhausted to know that i am looking for my interview in another 2.5 years. I almost had an heart attack that day, until i started reading this forum created by the one and only "REAL C".

Now i am in the limbo as the local office told me that they are processing Jan 2002 cases and on Sept 22nd the website reflected Dec 1, 2001 cases. My RD is Dec 17, 2001. I am hoping that i get something in 1 month. I was told my senator's office that i'll be scheduled in Oct 2001 and does not seem, i'll be going in october.

Therefore... the wait continues!!!! :(

I was glad to see FIRA and Stuka, both 2001 filers get approved after 3 years!!! :)

Interview Related Question

My interview notice says Medical reports required in sealed covers.
Do I need to do my medicals again ?
Also my Officer is Officer B , Does anyone have experience dealing with officer B .

Experts please advice.

RD 08/02
ID 10/27/04

Thanks

Chintu,

No need to do medicals again..say that you have already submitted with the application..take with copy of medicals (if you have) with you and give it to the officer if he/she still ask for that..I think that will be fine..

In my case, they asked for that I said it submitted with application and she looked into file and said ok she found it.

Good luck!!

chintu said:
My interview notice says Medical reports required in sealed covers.
Do I need to do my medicals again ?
Also my Officer is Officer B , Does anyone have experience dealing with officer B .

Experts please advice.

RD 08/02
ID 10/27/04

Thanks

Our ND is June 2002, and our case was transfered to ATL on 9/2. We got interview notice and finger print notice on 9/20. We were very surprised about this transfer, since my husband has not changed his job after filing the I-485. Does anyone have the same experience? Our lawyer suggests that it is better to have him with us for the interview. He said every transfer case has some reason. One thing I should mention is that I am a F-1 student in New York since I came to the US,and my husband works in Atlanta. Will it be a problem? We are going to interview in late October. Does anyone have experience with Officer A? Thank you so much for your information.

stareee said:
Our lawyer suggests that it is better to have him with us for the interview. He said every transfer case has some reason.

Let me gues - having him represent you is not going to be free, right? ;)

Read through the experiences in this thread of numerous folks going through Atlanta interviews; if you have your paperwork prepared and you come in ready, an Atlanta interview is no sweat.

I've provided some extensive posts on what all you should prepere and bring to the interview. 99% of the docs are not needed, but they give you something to do while you wait for the interview and make sure that when you are in the room you give an aura of confidence and competence.

I want you to come out of that interview saying "I was all worried - for nothing!" Review the thread, get the docs together and come back with some questions if you have any. You'll be better prepared than if you took your lawyer, and have more money too!

I really appreciate your reply, TheRealCanadian! Of couse it is not free to have the lawyer go with us, and it is a lot of money :( . We have several concerns. First, my husband used CPT for two months before he got OPT approved. He used OPT to work for about 10 months, and then use H1 till now. We are not sure whether CPT only applies to students before graduation. Second, I came to the US as a F-1 student, and I have not changed my status after filing 485. Third, I live in New York most of time, and I do not have a driver license from Atlanta, but I used Atlanta's address to file 485. Since they ask for driver license for the interview, I do not know if my driver license will cause trouble. Thank you very much for your information.

Since when did they start asking driver licenses for the interview? that's new to me? i haven't heard for that!!!! :rolleyes:

i live in south carolina and i have virginia dricver's license because one time my h-1b was pending and gc is still pending so DMV refused to give me a license. i got pissed and never went back!!!

Drivers licence is required only for ID purpose. Your Passport should be enough for ID.As far as getting the lawer to come with you or not, You may consider getting a telephone time with list of questions that you have and your lawer might have.
My lawere guided me and my family members for my interview in Atl. Even when they accompany you, They do the same thing. They are "Fly on the Wall" during the interview.

This may be a cost effective alternative .

Hermitcrab, thank you very much for your information. Tufan, I am not sure whether driver license is required for the interview. I found that it is listed on the interview notice. Hermitcrab may be right, driver license is for ID purpose.

interview questions

My husband filed employment based-I485, and I am the dependent. Our cases were transferred to ATL. Does anyone have the experience with interview? Would you please share the interview questions in detail?

Also, I have been a F-1 student till now, but my hasband and I live in different states. I used my husband's address to file the I485, after that I have not changed my status. Will this be a problem for interview? If they ask about it, how should I reply?

Thank you very much for your information.

Being a dependent you shouldn't have any problems. Address would be the last thing i would be worried about.

Finally... Got the STAMP

I wanted to thank all the members of this board for their contributions. Real Canadian, thanks for all advises... Today I got my passport stamp, the interview did not take more 20 minutes, the usual questions, work employment letter, the educaction, etc... No mention of taxes or pay stub. The examiner was very nice. I'm glad it's over for me. Good luck to all the applicants that are still waiting. :) :) :)

StillWaiting02 said:
I wanted to thank all the members of this board for their contributions. Real Canadian, thanks for all advises... Today I got my passport stamp, the interview did not take more 20 minutes, the usual questions, work employment letter, the educaction, etc... No mention of taxes or pay stub. The examiner was very nice. I'm glad it's over for me. Good luck to all the applicants that are still waiting. :) :) :)
Congratulation!! This board is really a good resource and also spirit support for all us who have suffered this. Could you please post the questions in more detail? I have interview soon. I have no clue about some normal questions. I am afraid that I made some mistakes at these normal questions. BTW, which officer gave you interview? Thank you. I will appreciate your help.
Again, congratulations. :)

stareee said:
I have interview soon. I have no clue about some normal questions. I am afraid that I made some mistakes at these normal questions.

Have you ever been a member of the Communist Party? Are you coming to the US to engage in prostitution or terrorism? :)

As well, you may be asked what you do, if you've filed taxes, copy of the tax returns, that sort of thing. Is there anything about your case that you are worried about?