Atlanta Local Office Processing

TheRealCanadian

Volunteer Moderator
Transferred on 10/21/02. Nothing heard yet.

Applied for an EAD renewal on 2/18. Received letter today asking to come by for photograph etc on 4/14, so 60 day turnaround.

Gosh, ATL sucks for interviews.

To TheRealCanadian

To TheRealCanadian

Looks like you have done some research on local transfer to Atlanta BCIS. From your previous posts it is said that Atlanta BCIS handles I-485 cases by ND. They are 730 days behind as per AILA and your interview date could be any time soon.

1. Are you sure that they schedule interview based on ND and not the day they transfer file from TSC to local Atlanta BCIS?

2. Did you approach to Atlanta BCIS to know your case? If yes, what was their reply?

Please tell us your thought in detail.

Re: To TheRealCanadian

Originally posted by longGC
1. Are you sure that they schedule interview based on ND and not the day they transfer file from TSC to local Atlanta BCIS?

Fairly certain. The fax I received back from Atlanta BCIS via my Congressman indicated that the date they use for prioritization is the receipt date, not the notice date. For me that's 8/28/01.

2. Did you approach to Atlanta BCIS to know your case? If yes, what was their reply?

Not formally. I asked a lady there when I was getting my EAD, and she told me that I'd be waiting 'til late this year.

TheRealCanadian,

I am in the same situation, TD 10/7/02, RD 9/24/01 but in the Washington District Office (VA-Arlington). I visited 3/4 times to the local BCIS office, contacted senators office but nothing worked out. Many peoples with the same TD already got interview letter two months ago. Looks like they don't have any system for file processing or picked up file randomly. Whatelse I can do other than waiting!

To TheRealCanadian

To TheRealCanadian

If I were in your situation, I would go to Atlanta BCIS at least ONCE in TWO months to find out.

There is no harm in doing that and at the most you will loose few hours. Go there at 6 AM, stand in queue and you will be out by 9AM. By 10 AM you will be in your office.

My two cents.

Current Date

TheRealCanadian...I think you are right..They do consider the RD/ND for scheduling the interviews...rather than the transfer date.
Does anybody know what is the current date they are processing.
I wouldnot suggest going to the local office to find out when they would schedule your interview as I have done that and its of no use. Yes....one can definately ask about it while they are there for something else....like EAD or AP

Re: Current Date

Originally posted by waitingforaos
TheRealCanadian...I think you are right..They do consider the RD/ND for scheduling the interviews...rather than the transfer date. Does anybody know what is the current date they are processing.

I heard rumours last month that they were around May 2001 or so. At the end of August I will talk to one of my Senators and see if he has any updated information.

what's yours

Therealcanadian what is your RD. Mine is mid July 2001. That means I have already passed the 730 days limit or vry soon will. So what do your recommeand. Should I contact my senator which I never have or should I just go to the local office personally.
Also, do you whom do they send the interview letter...lawyer or teh applicant?

Re: what's yours

Therealcanadian what is your RD. Mine is mid July 2001. That means I have already passed the 730 days limit or vry soon will. So what do your recommeand. Should I contact my senator which I never have or should I just go to the local office personally.
Also, do you whom do they send the interview letter...lawyer or teh applicant?

It probably would be good to talk to your US Senator, and let them know, and see how long it will take. One thing you may find is that they are not familiar with EB cases going to the local offices; my Congressman's office kept wondering when I moved from Virginia (I never lived there, my LC was there.)

I'd try Zell Miller's office first.

To TheRealCanadian

Hey Canadian,

How to approach Senator Zell Miller? Please share your experience. Will he be able to find out what is happening with my case in TSC?

I am an Atlantan.

Re: To TheRealCanadian

Originally posted by longGC
How to approach Senator Zell Miller? Please share your experience. Will he be able to find out what is happening with my case in TSC? I am an Atlantan.

Go to www.senate.gov, and find Zell Miller's web site.

One piece of advice - most Members of Congress (House or Senate) will not help unless there's an excessive delay on your petition. Your doing an MOTR, right? I wouldn't deal with a Congressional office until you a) know how long the expected time is, or b) have exhausted all avenues of answering a.

Any News?

Has anybody heard from the Atlanta office? It looks like they are moving very slow as am seeing other local offices are sending out interview letters within couple of months of case being transfered..

Re: Any News?

Has anybody heard from the Atlanta office? It looks like they are moving very slow as am seeing other local offices are sending out interview letters within couple of months of case being transfered..

We're all doomed.

Visit to local office

Has anybody been to the Atlanta local office lately? If anybody has....any updates. If not is anybody planning on going anytime in August. IF yes, do try and find out where they syand as far scheduling interviews is concern. I know they donot give a straight answer as I have been there a couple of times but couldnot get anything substantial from them. They were not even ready to tell me the address they have in their file as I had moved and send a change of address request. Anyways doesn't harm in asking if you are there about something else.

We need to push them as this is getting very very anoying

Re: Visit to local office

Has anybody been to the Atlanta local office lately? If anybody has....any updates. If not is anybody planning on going anytime in August. IF yes, do try and find out where they syand as far scheduling interviews is concern. I know they donot give a straight answer as I have been there a couple of times but couldnot get anything substantial from them.

If, as you say, they are not forthcoming with information at the Atlanta office, why should we waste more time going there? Write Zell Miller's office a letter. You should get more info that way.

Guys, I am in the same boat. My case status got changed this morning. It now reads:

"On August 6, 2003, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in ATLANTA, GA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in ATLANTA, GA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the NCSC at (800) 375-5283"

Cd any one tell :

1. What are the potential reasons that cases get transferred? I had responded to the RFE by sending Employment Confirmation letter and Salary Stubs last week. And I get transferred now.
2. How much time does Atlanta Office take to process transfer cases?
3. I had not petitioned for Advance Parole blving that the case will be approved by this time. It hasn't happened. can I go ahead and seek advance parole for me & my family's travel between Nov & January?

PD 12/31/01
ND 01/17/02
FP 01/17/02
RFE 07/14/03
RFE Response 07/28/03
Case Transfer 08/06/03

This is what I got back from my lawyer:

"I did finally get some information from the AILA chairperson in Atlanta.He said the Atlanta office puts the transferred cases in the cue based onthe filing date at the Service Center. Your case was filed in Dec. 01 andthe Atlanta office is working on cases filed in May 01 (as of 7/31/03). So based on that assessment, it could be 6 months or more before they schedule you for an interview."

I am confused big time. If realcanadian is waiting for so long, wait of 6 months+ does mean unpredictable time frame. I mean it could be year(s). Pls refer to my previous postings above. As mentioned before I have a full time job in Boston and residence in Atlanta. My employer wants me to reloacte to Boston soon.

I also met an Atlanta based lawyer for counselling yesterday. He confused me more. Here are the two questions that I asked him:

1. Would it be easier if I change job and get back to Atlanta?

His Answer : You can change jobs as many times as you can in the similar skill category and in compliance with Labor approval. But he was also keen to know how my previous lawyer viewed change of employment. Confused, I thot his opinion was supposed to be independent.

2. What if I seek change in transfer from Atlanta to Boston?
His Answer : can be done if required, but it may delay the process immensely.

3. So I stay in Boston and come for interview to Atlanta. How wd INS view that?
His Answer : He looks confused. No effective answer. Mumbling...///

Guys any suggestions!! RealCanadian, Waitingforaos,toughbda, frantic, Pingpong, waytolong....any one there

This is what I got back from my lawyer:

"I did finally get some information from the AILA chairperson in Atlanta.He said the Atlanta office puts the transferred cases in the cue based onthe filing date at the Service Center. Your case was filed in Dec. 01 andthe Atlanta office is working on cases filed in May 01 (as of 7/31/03). So based on that assessment, it could be 6 months or more before they schedule you for an interview."

I am confused big time. If realcanadian is waiting for so long, wait of 6 months+ does mean unpredictable time frame. I mean it could be year(s). Pls refer to my previous postings above. As mentioned before I have a full time job in Boston and residence in Atlanta. My employer wants me to reloacte to Boston soon.

I also met an Atlanta based lawyer for counselling yesterday. He confused me more. Here are the two questions that I asked him:

1. Would it be easier if I change job and get back to Atlanta?

His Answer : You can change jobs as many times as you can in the similar skill category and in compliance with Labor approval. But he was also keen to know how my previous lawyer viewed change of employment. Confused, I thot his opinion was supposed to be independent.

2. What if I seek change in transfer from Atlanta to Boston?
His Answer : can be done if required, but it may delay the process immensely.

3. So I stay in Boston and come for interview to Atlanta. How wd INS view that?
His Answer : He looks confused. No effective answer. Mumbling...///

Guys any suggestions!! RealCanadian, Waitingforaos,toughbda, frantic, Pingpong, waytolong....any one there