Atlanta Local Office Processing

Interview

PremChopra said:
Tahachal,

If attorney goes with you for free it's ok to take him/her. Otherwise if you have all the paperwork and case is not complex you don't need attorney.

Normally they would ask same papers as asked from 1moreday. I believe I got interviewed with the same officer and I was asked same papers.

Hope this helps, Good Luck

Congrats 1moreday on the interview hope you get the approval soon.

Prem Ji,
Thanks for the information. I decided to not to take attorney with me. My attorney also suggested that she does not need to be with me on the interview( I can save $1K). She gave a list which I have to take with me on the interview. I already gathered all the documents. I will take all papers including I-20 to my college degrees what ever I have since 1991.
My labor filing is future employment, and never work for them, but I have job offer letter and copy of 2 years tax(employer) from them. Do I have to have employment letter from my current Job? I'm not going to work with my current employer after I get my green card. But I'm planning to take my pay stubs and w2s. Please give me a sugestion.

Tahachal said:
Prem Ji,
Do I have to have employment letter from my current Job? I'm not going to work with my current employer after I get my green card. But I'm planning to take my pay stubs and w2s. Please give me a sugestion.

Bring the offer letter from whichever employer you intend to work for.

I-551 and Canada

My passport stamped(I-551) after 15 minutes interview. They just ask for me my job offer letter and tax returned. Officer said, I will get my card in 6 weeks. I'm planning to visit Canada in two weeks, so I-551 is good enough to get in Canada or I have to get visa first?

Tahachal said:
My passport stamped(I-551) after 15 minutes interview. They just ask for me my job offer letter and tax returned. Officer said, I will get my card in 6 weeks. I'm planning to visit Canada in two weeks, so I-551 is good enough to get in Canada or I have to get visa first?

The stamp should be sufficient.

Welcome Letter

Received Welcome letter Yesterday. On line says, they order new card on June 24th. Usually, how long does it take to get new card by mail ?
I'm planning to travel Canada on 30th, so it will be great if I received B4 30th. Otherwise, I've to use I-551 and welcome letter to get in Canada.

I'm planning to drive to Cananda with rental car,and I'm using my own auto insurance. My insurance card will be good enough or I've to get some thing from insurance company which shows I can use my insurance in Canada. Please help.

Fingerprinting & Name Check

Hey guys,

Does anyone know of a phone number that we can call and find out the status of a fingerprinting or name check? I thought I did read sometime ago of an automated line where folks can call in and find out the status. I tried searching for it now and couldnt find it.

My interview was towards the end of June, and they didnt stamp my passport saying that the fingerprint and name check had to be cleared. I am not sure how long that takes. I havent heard back from them since.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

VSC to ATL to VSC to ATL again

Months passed after the interview. We were waiting for pending name check. Finally, our local congressman office informed us, our name check was cleared. But, we have to wait for visa # due to retrogression. I called 1-800-375-5283 on 11/28/05. The lady took all my info and she said VSC will send me a letter about the status of our application. Today LUDs changed.

The content of the message did not change on mine.

--------------------------------------------
Receipt Number: EACXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On April 4, 2005, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

The content of the my wife's message changed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Receipt Number: EACXXXXXXXXX

Application Type: I485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status

Current Status:

On November 28, 2005, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in ATLANTA, GA for processing. Our office in ATLANTA, GA will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times.
------------------------------------------------------------------------

We did the interview in Atlanta in May. Why are they sending our cases to ATL again?

Anybody had a similiar experience. Pls reply

1moreday said:
We went ADO around 7 am for our 8am interview. I stopped in front of the building to ask the security about cell phone. He told me it is OK to carry the phone in the building. Later, I saw the sign in room 287 not to use the phone in the room. I also saw a couple of people using their cell phone in the room.
Our lawyer took our interview notices and put in the box. Officer G called us around 8 am. She is a black lady in her 30's. She was very formal.
Took the oath, index Fingerprint, signature. The regular questions, about communist, terrorist, public assistance, etc.
Asked the following the documents:
-DL
-EVL
-Taxes
-140 Approval Notices.

Our lawyer told her it is EB AC21 180 day portability case. I was worrying she would ask about is this a same or similar case. She did not ask.
She asked about when we left the country last time?

She said everythying is fine except my pending name check.
We were out in 15 minutes. I am glad it is over. But the wait continues.

Good luck Tahachal and others.
Thank you RealCanadian and other people who made this very informative forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
To TheRealCanadian and other gurus

Coul you pls check my previous post and give some advise.

Last edited by a moderator:
here you go...

Parallels said:
Hey guys,

Does anyone know of a phone number that we can call and find out the status of a fingerprinting or name check? I thought I did read sometime ago of an automated line where folks can call in and find out the status. I tried searching for it now and couldnt find it.

My interview was towards the end of June, and they didnt stamp my passport saying that the fingerprint and name check had to be cleared. I am not sure how long that takes. I havent heard back from them since.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Thanks.

1moreday said:
We did the interview in Atlanta in May. Why are they sending our cases to ATL again? Anybody had a similiar experience. Pls reply

Your cases already were in Atlanta - otherwise you'd never have had the interview. Might be that case status is already getting in sync with what has already happened, or your wife's case for some crazy reason was in VSC.

Is your priority date current now? Have you attempted to obtain congressional assistance?

Thak you for quick reply,
My case is EB3 (PD 06/14/01) worldwide. According to December Visa Bulletin the date is 3/15/01. Because many people applied during April 2001 for 245. It looks like, we have to wait mooore.

Our local representative is updating me every 6-8 weeks. I got the last update 2 weeks ago.

Our 2EADs will expire in Feb. Should I apply for renewal and where?
VSC
or
ATL
or
Chicago?

Is it too risky to wait for S.1932 for EAD renewal?
Thanks.

1moreday said:
My case is EB3 (PD 06/14/01) worldwide. According to December Visa Bulletin the date is 3/15/01. Because many people applied during April 2001 for 245. It looks like, we have to wait mooore.

Yup. If they moved your wife's case to Atlanta that might not be a bad thing; you want them all together.

Our local representative is updating me every 6-8 weeks. I got the last update 2 weeks ago.

Good.

Our 2EADs will expire in Feb. Should I apply for renewal and where? Is it too risky to wait for S.1932 for EAD renewal?

I'd apply ASAP; your 90 day window is already past so if they expire before the new EADs are approved you cannot get an interim EAD. File to Chicago, or wherever the USCIS page says you need to file if your I-485 is in Atlanta. What will S.1932 give you regarding your EAD?

TheRealCanadian said:
What will S.1932 give you regarding your EAD?

Best case scenario, if the congress approves
Bill Number S.1932.ES SEC. 8001. RECAPTURE OF UNUSED VISA NUMBERS.
this/next week
then,
my wait for visa number is over. My case becomes current.

I know this is only the best case scenario.

Let's pray/hope for the best.

1moreday said:
Best case scenario, if the congress approves
Bill Number S.1932.ES SEC. 8001. RECAPTURE OF UNUSED VISA NUMBERS.
this/next week then, my wait for visa number is over. My case becomes current.

No it doesn't. Your case becomes current only once DOS determines how to adjust the priority dates based on this, and only then if USCIS gets around to ajudicating the case in time before the EAD expires.

Don't count chickens that aren't hatched.

Persistant Moderator

Hi! RealCanadian,
I am really empressed by your persistant contribution to this forum particularly this thread. I have been surfing on this forum to get a sense of transfer cases, and i got this thread. I tracked your contribution to this forum from 2002 to 2005. Even though you have been volunteer, You have done great work. Good job and keep the faith :)

EAD Transfered to Atlanta

I got the following email 3 times on 2/9.
Why are they transfering to local office?
Why after 40+ days?
Please share your experiences/thoughts.

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: EAC0606451XXX

Application Type: I765 , APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION

Current Status:

On February 9, 2006, we transferred your I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT
AUTHORIZATION to an office in ATLANTA, GA for processing. Our office in ATLANTA,
GA will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You
should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a
local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283
to receive information about local office processing times.

I have been there 4-5 times, always got different answer. I spent 300-400 dollars for my trip.The help desk officers, donot know what they do. I wrote 4 letters and got 0 reply.
i never expect to see such malprctice in this great nation.

finally i gave up and taking break before i break.
atlanta do victim

Stolen EADs and passports

I applied my paper EAD3 at VSC in 12/05. It was transfered to Atlanta in 02/06. It was over 90 days last week. I took infopass appt. for 3/30/06. Unfortunately, I could not take a day off to go to Atlanta (6 hrs one-way).
I tried to get Monday infopass appt. No luck. I decided to go on Monday (04/03/06) with the old infopass appt letter. I had my passports, copies of I-765 forms with our SSN, DOB, A#, all personal info, old EADs in my bag. It was stolen from my car (04/01/06) in Atlanta. So I did not go to ATL DO and drove 6 hrs back to home.

Anybody had similar experience?
Any advice in terms USCIS, ID theft/fraud, etc.,?
Thank you in advance