Atlanta Local Office Processing

Finger Print

My case has been transfered to Atlanta since May 2004. Yesterday, my spouce(dependent) received a letter from Atlanta for 2nd Finger Print. Looks they just touched our file after 10 months. But appointment for Finger Print is July 5, 2005 after 4 months from now. Last time they made appointment within 2 weeks. So this time we need to wait another 4 more months for finger print.
Can we go next month at service center for Finger Print or we have to wait until appointment date? Please give me a suggestion[/COLOR].
RD 08/07/2003
EB3

Tahachal...

You can give it a shot, they are very strict than before. Try going there on Wednesday afternoon and tell them that you will be out of town on the dates mentioned in the notice. I think this can be your best shot.

Finger Print

Prem Ji,
Thank you very much. We will try that within next couple of weeks otherwise we have to wait next 4 months for Finger Print. Still, I've not received finger print notice for my self. I don't know what they are doing. If I do not received today, I will give a call to my attorney. I hope they got it. If not, I might need to go again Atlanta office to see those peoples' face.
By the way we received Notice of receipt yesterday for EAD renew which I mailed at TX last week.
RD 08/07/2003
FP1 09/26/2003
TD 05/18/2004

ATL Processing Time

My EB 485 was filed in VSC in October 2003. I checked VSC Processing Times. They are processing March 2004. My online case status still shows
""Current Status:

On August 25, 2004, we responded to your request for more information concerning your case. If you have not received our response within 30 days from this date, please call customer service at 1-800-375-5283."

I called National Customer Service Center at (800) 375 – 5283, they told me, my case is transferred to ATL in January, 7, 2005. I wonder why online case status did not change the since August 2004.

What is the ATL current processing time? When should I expect interview?

I enjoyed reading previous postings. They are very informative. I would like to thank you for very useful inputs.

--------------------------------------
EB
RD/ND 10/27/2003
FP 8/5/2004
TD 1/7/2005

Last edited by a moderator:
1moreday said:
What is the ATL current processing time? When should I expect interview?

If they are touching Tahachal's case (which is August 2003), then your October 2003 case should be attacked in the next few months.

Thanks RC,
I learned a lot form your postings. I found out my transfer 3/24/05. Yesterday, I also found this forum and read all the postings, 47 pages of them exactly :). I need your advice.
-Why they tansfer cases to local offices?
-Why VSC LUD still 8/25/04?
-Why did not I receive any message from VSC/ATL since TD 1/7/05?

Tahachal, Are you next in line for interview?

Tahachal,
Are you next in line for interview? Who else has an interview date? Did you get your FP notice? My case is transfered 1/7/05 to ATL.

Good Luck
--------------------------------------
EB
RD/ND 10/27/2003 VSC
FP 8/5/2004
TD 1/7/2005

Still, I've not received my Finger Print notice. Couple of days ago, I called to 1-800 and No Customer Service lady told me same info which I can see on my computer. I asked her to transfer to INS officer, and I told her still I have not received my Finger Print, but my wife received more than 2weeks ago. When INS officer pull my account on her PC and told me they are waiting on my Biometric fingerprint and photo to send me plastic GC, but I did not beleive her. She suggest me to get info pass and request to local INS officer for Biometric things. I do not know what is going on my case. I'm thinking to go there in two weeks.

1moreday,did u had called for the status inquiry, before they change the message to that they have send out more information, if not received please call, my lawyer said that is what they are doing now days, when you file for a status inquiry

1800 phone calls

I called twice. First, I was told, it was transfered to ATL. Second call, they said they will send me a letter about my case status in 30 days. I asked about my name/FP/background check, she said "it is pending".
:confused:

Keep us informed

oocyte,
Good luck on April 5th. Keep us informed. We will be waiting the good news and the details. We are right behind you. Who is next?
oocyte said:
Nice work!! Guys.

My case is very simple. I don't know why they transferred my case to ADO. Here is the history of my case (or our cases).

I and my wife came to the states 5 years ago with H1B visa, still work in the same lab. Applied NIW 3 years ago through a lawyer and I-140 was approved in Sept 2002. Checked I-485 form and thought it was easy so fired the lawyer (he is a good one) just tried to save some money. I-485 was submitted in Oct 2002, did FP in Nov 2002, then no news for two years. Did a case inquiry in Jan 2005 since it was 60 days behind then current processing time. Got a reply saying my case was transferred to ADO, funny I did not get any notice for case transfer and they did not update the case status on line either.

Got pissed off and started to make phone calls. One time I got an information officer and was told my alien files were transferred on Mar 1, 2004 but I-485 still stays in TSC. Got pissed off, started to fax TSC, mail ADO, contact local congressman...Did not which one worked, got interview notice from ADO last saturday. Mailed a letter to ADO on Monday to ask for 2nd FP and they actually sent me the 2nd FP on Monday before my letter gets to them. My wife even got two 2nd FP notices.

Interview is on Apr 5, Officer H. FP scheduled for next Tuesday.

I think this is an easy case and I am not worried at all.

EAD approved in lesss than 2 Weeks.

I applied my 2nd EAD less than 2 weeks ago at TX. Couple of days ago I received 8 diffrent emails from USCIS regading approval of our EAD. I do not beleive this because last time I had to wait more than 90 days to get interim EAD.

My 2EAD took 1 month

My 2EAD took 1 month. But still wating for 2AP since 12/29/04. Wife got her 2AP 2/22/05. They accepted wife's photos, not mine. The photos were taken at the same place, same time, same camera, same guy, same everything. Because my pictures were "digital". I sent the non-digital photos last week. Still Waiting :mad:

Tahachal said:
I called to 1-800 and No Customer Service lady told me same info which I can see on my computer. I asked her to transfer to INS officer.

Can you clarify,
When you call 1800 no, who answer the phone?
INS officer or somebody else?

name check cleared still waiting

interview feb 9 ....not approved as name check was not cleared...name check cleared on march 16(took info pass to check) . the person at infopass said i should get approval very soon(march17).still nothing any ideas? :mad:

No Customer Service

1moreday,
I just requsted with No Cust lady(1800) to transfer to Ins officer. I told her, I want to speak with INS officer.

1moreday said:
Tahachal said:
I called to 1-800 and No Customer Service lady told me same info which I can see on my computer. I asked her to transfer to INS officer.

Can you clarify,
When you call 1800 no, who answer the phone?
INS officer or somebody else?

Tahachal said:
1moreday,
I just requsted with No Cust lady(1800) to transfer to Ins officer. I told her, I want to speak with INS officer.

Sorry about asking the same question again.

Who answers 1800 calls?
INS officer?
or
Customer Service?/What customer service?

I did not get it.

Name check

fresh72 said:
got letter in Mail of approval for me!!! wife has not got it yest is it usual? :mad: :eek:

Fresh 72, Congratulations!!!!!
How do we find out our name check has been completed or not?
RD 08/07/2003
TD 05/18/2004
FP2 03/31/2005 early at Atlanta ASC