Atlanta Local Office Processing

thanks feb

feb6361 said:
fresh72,

Please relax and don't worry. From your description, it seems like you were not relaxed during the interview and seems more worried. It seems like your interview went very well eventhough you felt bad about it for the following obeservations:

(1) The interview officer seems very good because she called your wife and took her interview also. (2) She already approved both the case since she took index finger printing (to order actual green card). (3) The name check was not done is a very common now a days with USCIS. We already received our Green card except my younger son's name check still pending over 6 months now after the interview in AUG-2004. (4) She asked all the general questions and even she didn't ask much document (even related to your traffic arrest).

now is there a way i can follow up on the name check... also she did not call it a name check she said adminstrative check. i am just assuming its a name check..if my name check is cleared then will i get my green card immediately?

fresh72 said:
now is there a way i can follow up on the name check... also she did not call it a name check she said adminstrative check. i am just assuming its a name check..if my name check is cleared then will i get my green card immediately?

I do not know what is the adminstative check? However, during our interview the officer did not stamp my sons' passport saying that admin. security check were not done for them although they were minor. But we got their welcome letters & cards in mail within 3-4 weeks.

Thanks Feb6361.

I am planning to work for the sponsoring employer. They have given a "Intent to employ" letter.

I have got letter from current employer. In the Interview letter ,they have asked me to bring Passport , I 94 & EVL from current employer.

My attorney told that the interview should be fine..They might ask why u left the company and r u planning to work for them ..

I am planning to work for the sponsoring employer and going to say the same in the interview.

Hope the interview is fine...

Balle Balle

Jo bole so nihal Sat Sri Akaal, har har mahadev, Jai Sri Krishn, Jai Sri Ram, Allah hu Akbar, Jai Mata Di, Om Sai Ram
Radha Soami, Om Namo Shivai, Jai Ganeshai Namai, Jai Baba Balak Nath, Jai Balaji, Thank God, Thank Jesus.

Bottom line, I got approval today after interview at Atlanta office. Everything went well and smooth.
Officer was efficient and quick. She quickly went through my and my spouse's files together.
Documents asked for:
- I-140 Approval - for some reason it was not in the file
- W-2s for 2003, I gave 2004 also
- New Employer's letter - I gave letter which showed that I am using AC-21
- Social Security Cards
- Old EAD Cards
- Passport size photos for both of us
Officer asked all routine I-485 questions and also confirmed date of births and parent's names

Our interviews were scheduled for 1:00pm/1:30pm, we reached there 11:30am, we were called in
at 12.15pm and we were out by 12.35.

Please let me know if I can answer questions for anyone. I will be regularly checking
Atlanta Case transfer thread and I-485 Vermont thread. If you post any questions for me
in any thread the best is send a pm.

Many many thanks to Atlanta thread members RealCanadian is better than the best just
because of his postings I didn't ask much questions. Feb6361, Tufan,fresh72, RSK1,giveme_gc
and ATLDesi are very special for all their contributions in the forum.

Good Luck to all of them and my old Vermont thread buddies Gorilla and needhelp1 and many others.
Special thanks also go to ginnu for helping everyone so promptly.

PremChopra said:
Jo bole so nihal Sat Sri Akaal, har har mahadev, Jai Sri Krishn, Jai Sri Ram, Allah hu Akbar, Jai Mata Di, Om Sai Ram
Radha Soami, Om Namo Shivai, Jai Ganeshai Namai, Jai Baba Balak Nath, Jai Balaji, Thank God, Thank Jesus.

Bottom line, I got approval today after interview at Atlanta office. Everything went well and smooth.

Congratulations !!!..I think we deserve a party. :D

prem

PremChopra said:
congrats prem ... wish u the best!!!

Approved....:)

Hello All,
I got my approval today after interview at St,Louis office. Everything went well and smooth.
My Interview was at 10.30 am. Reached there at 10.10 am. Waited outside with our mind :rolleyes: , :confused: ...Officer called us at 10.40 am.
She had mine and my spouse's files together.

Had our index finger printed...went into the room and then had the usual formalities of Taking oath and other standar questions about drugs, felony etc,,,
Date of birth,When were you both married, Parents name, Where do they live..

Then she asked the following ...
1.Your 485 was filed by Comapny A?
2. Where are they located?
3. When did you join Comapny A?
4. Are still working with Company B?
- Gave her EVL and last years W2.
6. When did you join comapny B?
7. What is your position there ?
- Sr. Programmer Analyst and I we do Software Development & Maintainence
8. She asked for EAD & AP...and took it.

She told thisngs are fine..let me see if i can get you the Visa Number...and she got it..and gave us our approval letter and stamped the passport and told us that we will receive the Green Card in the post.
:) :) :)

Many many thanks to all ..in particular Feb6361, RSK1 & Prem..got a lot of information & confidence from their experience...

Prem ..Congrats Buddy...

Good luck to all...

Many Congratulations to giveme_gc

Thanks hinket04, RSK1, fresh72 and RC for their wishes. Still feeling like a dream come true.

Thanks Fresh72..

Dont worry. It should be fine and you will be getting ur GC approved soon..Beleive in God.. :)

Prem & RSK1..was ur Visa Number same as the A #..How long is it taking to get the Physical cards...Will it come from Vermont Service Center?

giveme_gc

I don't know if there is a way to find out if the Visa Number is same as A#. I think we should get the cards in 4-6 weeks, there will be change in online status so keep tracking that. For cards, I don't think these would come from Vermont, I think they might have a centralized place (or a contractor) for this. I don't know if you gave the new passport photos. I think after the card place would receive the photos they would get it ready.

PremChopra, giveme_gc and others,

Congratulations on your approval!

PremChopra & Others,

When are meeting at Global mall for a Party???

Whenever you want, plan for any Sunday afternoon. Let me know. The only thing is I am strict vegetarian so can offer anything vegetarian.

Everyone,

Please provide your 2 choices about place, date and time for the party!!!!

See you every one for the fun!

PremChopra said:
Many Congratulations to giveme_gc

Thanks hinket04, RSK1, fresh72 and RC for their wishes. Still feeling like a dream come true.

PremChopra, my belated CONGRATULATIONS to you and all others who got approval in past few months. Sorry, guys i had gone to India for 1 month after waiting 3.5 years for the GC. It was a good feeling to enter in the USA, without standing long in the visitors line. Questions asked where how long you were gone? When the officer stamped the passport he put, "Out for 1 month" and "out for 3 months for my wife".

Again...... everything works out in the end.