Atlanta Local Office Processing

talachal

Tahachal said:
Fresh 72, Congratulations!!!!!
How do we find out our name check has been completed or not?
RD 08/07/2003
TD 05/18/2004
FP2 03/31/2005 early at Atlanta ASC

took infopass and went and asked him about name check and he said it cleared on march 16

No LUD

It has been more than 10 days of our early Finger Print, and no LUD and no email. According to FBI, they sent our report back to USCIS on the same day.
How long do we need to wait for interview after 2nd Finger Print?

Usually Interview letter follows FP notice ( I got mine in 1 week).
U should be getting ur interview notice very soon.

Thanks
EB3
PD 10/2000
TD 01/21/04
ID 10/27/04

Letter from VSC

Two weeks ago, I called NCSC (800) 375-5283 about my case status. Today, I got the following letter :
----------------------------------------------
On 3/28/05 you contacted USCIS about your case. Some of the key info given to us at that time was the following:

Person who contacted us : MY NAME
Case type: I-485
Filling Date: 10/27/03
Type of Service requested: CASE STATUS
Receipt No: EACXXXXXXXX

The status of this service request is:

Please send your inquiry to the following address:

US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)
Atlanta District Office
Martin Luther King Jr. Federal Building Room 281
77 Forsyth Street SW
Atlanta, GA 30302

Sincerely,

Paul Novak
Center Director
-------------------------

My question is:
I live over 300 miles from ATL, therefore infopass appt. is not very convenient for me. How can I find the status of my case?

Any Emergency AP experience in Atlanta?

Folks,
Did anybody have Emergency AP experience in Atlanta?
Please post your experiences?

Interview in ATL 5/23

I received Interview letter for ATL 5/23 with officer G yesterday. It was send on 5/2 with the RD 4/26. My dependent did not get an interview letter.
What should we do?
Can she come to interview with me without her letter?
Anybody had an experience with officer G?

RC you were right

TheRealCanadian said:
If they are touching Tahachal's case (which is August 2003), then your October 2003 case should be attacked in the next few months.

YES RC, you were right. They did.

I received Interview letter for ATL 5/23 with officer G yesterday. It was send on 5/2 with the RD 4/26. My dependent did not get an interview letter.
What should we do?
Can she come to interview with me without her letter?
Anybody had an experience with officer G?

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,
Did you get the interview letter to your new address or redirected from Old address.
Thanks

Interview

1 Moreday,
Best of Luck. What kind of documents they are asking?
Looks like, I will also hear from them soon, I guess.. who knows, it is Atlanta...one of the worst District Office in the US. Still, I have not heard anything about our early finger print which has been done on March 31.
RD 08/07/2003
TD 05/19/2004
FP2 03/31/2005 early

interview documents

Tahachal said:
1 Moreday,
Best of Luck. What kind of documents they are asking?
Looks like, I will also hear from them soon, I guess.. who knows, it is Atlanta...one of the worst District Office in the US. Still, I have not heard anything about our early finger print which has been done on March 31.
RD 08/07/2003
TD 05/19/2004
FP2 03/31/2005 early

NO, there are worse than ATL. I got interview notice 5 months after TD. Hartford is 18 months after TD.

They are asking the followings. But it is a generic letter from ADO everybody. I copy the part for EB cases.
-DL
-original appt letter
-PP
-medicals
-BC
-EAD
-I94
-Taxes and W-2 s
-Last 3 paystubs
-AP
-Current Letter of Employment
-Copy of I-140
-Copy of ETA-750 LC package
-Evidence of employers ability to pay.

THIS IS A GENERAL CHECKLIST. SINCE EACH CASE IS UNIQUE, DOCUMENTS THAT ARE NOT LISTED MAY BE REQUIRED BY THE INTERVIEWING OFFICER.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I will carry everthing (like old F1s, H1s, photos, lease, bank statements, etc., ) with me + 1 copy, just in case.

Atlanta interview - 1 moreday

1moreday said:
new adress

Thanks 1moreday for the info.
Best of luck for your interview.
One more question : So, your case was transferred on Jan 7th 2005 and got interview letter in May right...
Thanks

camera phone

Folks,
Can I carry my camera phone with me during the interview?
I read somewhere they do not allow camera phone, but they allow the regular cell phones.
or
Should I leave in my car/home?

Anybody had an experience?

1moreday said:
Folks,
Can I carry my camera phone with me during the interview?
I read somewhere they do not allow camera phone, but they allow the regular cell phones.
or
Should I leave in my car/home?

Anybody had an experience?

1moreday, GOOD LUCK.
I think we are not allow to use cell phone inside the building. Last time, one of the No Customer Service Officer was mad with the customer because he received a call on his cell phone while he was on the waiting room(110). I think it is better not to carry cell phone inside the building.
I also, have officer G for our interview on June 14, please share your interview experience.

officer G interview experience

We went ADO around 7 am for our 8am interview. I stopped in front of the building to ask the security about cell phone. He told me it is OK to carry the phone in the building. Later, I saw the sign in room 287 not to use the phone in the room. I also saw a couple of people using their cell phone in the room.
Our lawyer took our interview notices and put in the box. Officer G called us around 8 am. She is a black lady in her 30's. She was very formal.
Took the oath, index Fingerprint, signature. The regular questions, about communist, terrorist, public assistance, etc.
Asked the following the documents:
-DL
-EVL
-Taxes
-140 Approval Notices.

Our lawyer told her it is EB AC21 180 day portability case. I was worrying she would ask about is this a same or similar case. She did not ask.
She asked about when we left the country last time?

She said everythying is fine except my pending name check.
We were out in 15 minutes. I am glad it is over. But the wait continues.

Good luck Tahachal and others.
Thank you RealCanadian and other people who made this very informative forum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulation

1Moreday,
Congratulation,
Thanks for the information. I hope you will get your approval in couple of weeks. Main part is over. Did you pay extra $ to attorney to go for interview with you? I have not talk with my attorney yet, but I have appointment with her next week for interview preparation. Does it help to take attorney with us?

Tahachal,

If attorney goes with you for free it's ok to take him/her. Otherwise if you have all the paperwork and case is not complex you don't need attorney.

Normally they would ask same papers as asked from 1moreday. I believe I got interviewed with the same officer and I was asked same papers.

Hope this helps, Good Luck

Congrats 1moreday on the interview hope you get the approval soon.