Atlanta Local Office Processing

Thanks Greencard001

for the information. Its definately encouraging. My RD is July 2001 and I have send a mail to Miller's office last week. Will keep you guys updated on what I hear. We can compare notes as RealCanadian was also planning on contacting congressman(from RealCanadian's last posting).

If I were you I would keep travelling back and forth between Atlanta and Boston. Another solution is to change the Atlanta address and give a friend's address and may be add you name to some of the utilities as a proof that you still stay in Atlanta. Then you can move to Boston without anybody knowing that you have actually moved. Hope this helps.

How about this Greencard001 -

Go to the local Atlanta INS office and ask them what happens if you put a transfer on your case from Atlanta to Boston. Greencard001, I think it will be too much of work to maintain an address or residence in Atlanta. Also Atlanta has a history of long waiting times for interview. So you might be better off at Boston if the local office says the transfer can be smooth and fast.

If you are still not sure, I suggest you shell out 200-300 dollars and talk to Rajiv Khanna or Sheila Murthy and Shusterman.

Greencard001, BTW is your case EB1.

Re: Thanks Greencard001

Originally posted by waitingforaos
for the information. Its definately encouraging. My RD is July 2001 and I have send a mail to Miller's office last week. Will keep you guys updated on what I hear. We can compare notes as RealCanadian was also planning on contacting congressman(from RealCanadian's last posting).

I was going to go today but my wife had an appointment that necessitated my going to the other side of town with her. I'll be going down tomorrow.

FWIW, I'll be bringing along a hard copy of the AILA survey results, to let Zell's LA know that they should expect more inquiries.

frantic

No clue.

My lawyer was asking if I was involved in criminal activities, fraud before, to which I said no...How abt that...!!!

RealCanadian : Good luck and let us know how it goes with Mr Miller

Thanks for the reply Greencard0001. Why did you apply at VSC rather than TSC?

The reason I am asking all these questions is that I want to find a parallel between the transfers and the service center.

How about you TheRealCanadian and waitingforaos?

frantic

I worked for a big5 headquartered in NY. Thats how VSC.

RealCanadian : Did you visit the local office today?

Thanks

Originally posted by Greencard0001
RealCanadian : Did you visit the local office today?

Hell no. I dropped by Zell Miller's office instead. Dropped off my privacy release form, information sheet about all my petitions and a copy of my daughter's medical report. (She has a congenital nervous system defect and I am requesting a humanitarian expedite on those grounds, as well as a Medicaid waiver.)

I also brought along a copy of the AILA survey, but he told me that wasn't necessary - "I know, the 800 number is useless." We'll see where we go from here.

frantic/waitingforaos/realcanadian

I made it to local INS office this morning and met with the Customer Service...

1. Can I seek transfer of the case to Boston
Yes I can. Local INS wd need a letter requesting the change from Atlanta to Boston. But it will add more time. can't say how much.

2. How much wd it take more for an interview call.
Can't say. We don't know the reasons for which the case got transferred. We need to look into the file to havea clear idea.

3. How much is it taking these days for interview call.
We don't anything abt AOS cases that has RD dates after May 2001.

4. Emergency Advance Parole....
Can be done if we have a Statement of Facts i.e. in my case a fax statement from doctor that my Parents are unwell. Local INS can quickly turnaround advance Parole. Else, 30 days on normal course.

Questions
=======
1. In view of the above can I take a chance and transfer from Atlanta to Boston. I gues there the delays are much less..

Thanks

Good information Greencard0001.
Yes I can. Local INS wd need a letter requesting the change from Atlanta to Boston. But it will add more time. can't say how much.
If the transfer takes more time than the local interview, it would be futile to go with the transfer. In that case, you can give one of your friend's address and move to Boston.

But I would say research in the Texas Service Center. Someone might be able to help you there.

Re: Any update....?

RealCanadian, Did you hear back from Senator Miller's office. Do keep us posted.

Not yet. They said they sent the query to Atlanta BCIS on 9/5, but the mail typically takes 1 week to get back to me. This is odd, because other mail from Atlanta gets to my house in 1-2 days.

I will of course keep everyone posted as I get more news. I greatly appreciate your feedback, and I look at this forum every day for more Atlanta news. I will do the same favor to you.

Re: any updates guys

???????

Sent a quick follow-up to Zell Miller's office, but they haven't heard back yet. I'll bug them again on October 1st if I haven't heard back by then.

Senator Response Time

Can anybody(RealCanadian, I know you have contacted Senator Ziller before) tell me what is the response time from the Senator's office. I had contacted them and they send me a form to fill up with all the details. I have mailed the form about 3 weeks ago but have not heard anything else.

Also, has the processing time changed from May 2001 at the local office?

Any other useful updates are always welcome

To RealCanadian and waitingforaos

Hello RealCanadian and WaitingForAOS,

Do you guys wnat to get together on a private e-mail so that we all can discuss. I am in Atlanta. tp126@hotmail.com.

Thanks.

PS: Together, we can succeed.

Re: Senator Response Time

Can anybody(RealCanadian, I know you have contacted Senator Ziller before) tell me what is the response time from the Senator's office. I had contacted them and they send me a form to fill up with all the details. I have mailed the form about 3 weeks ago but have not heard anything else.

The fellow at Zell Miller's office you want to talk to is Charles Spry; he appears to handle most of the immigration-related constituent requests. His email is Charles_Spry@miller.senate.gov. He seems to use snail mail a lot with responses, but appears pretty quick responding to email.

FWIW, I sent him a note on the 25th or so, and on Friday I'll drop him another line.

Real Canadian,

Charles is the one I spoke to and he told me currently it is taking 2+ yrs for processing. Have you heard otherwise. Thanxin Advance for eerybodys support.

QCO

RD or TD

2 years from the transfer date or original ND.

I hope its not 2 years from transfer date but I think that's what it is since my RD is july 2001 and its been over 2 years.

I don't understand why they should take so long to schedule an interview. First we got to wait at the SCs and then wait for so long at the local office. They should put the transfer cases in s separate pile.

RealCanadian, I did send my details in a mail addressed to Charles. Shall wait a week or 2 and then shot him a mail.