Atlanta Local Office Processing

Thank you for all you. I hope and I believe you will get it soon and smoothly. The officer just asked us our DOB. She verified it against our data in her document. Second, the officer didn't give me any hard time when I explained the situation. It seems she just tried to find some topic to activate the atomsphere.:) Good luck to you all!

tufan said:
Staree, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Just a quick question...... How did the officer verify the DOB? Did he/she verify against the copy of the bire th certificat that was submitted earlier?

Secondly, did the officer give you hard time regarding the license when you explained the situation?

Please reply. thanks.

Chintu wish you all the best.

We have officer A. However, most officers seems to be nice. Don't worry about it. You can get as much document as you can. Most of them are just in case. Maybe it is useful to go over the questions in I-485 form in case you don't understand the questions when you are nervous. :) You will get it tomorrow.:)

chintu said:
Congragulations!!

BTW what is officers initial ?

My officer is B and my interview is tomorrow.

Thanks

Interview was a cakewalk

I was so tensed but it turned out to be nothing.Everything was over in 5-6 mins. Asked for new photos.

Details soon.

Thanks

Congratulations!!!!!

chintu said:
I was so tensed but it turned out to be nothing.Everything was over in 5-6 mins. Asked for new photos.

Details soon.

Thanks

Do not forget to share your exp.

Interview Experience

Interview was at 8:30 , reached at around 8:15.
Dropped the appointment letters at 8:30 and was called in
by the officer (Last Name P/code named officer B) at 8:35.

I was out of the room by 8:40 with passports stamped , but had wait for
another one hour to get new pictures .

List of events that happened inside the room.

1, Took oath and gave finger prints .
2, Signed the I-551 form.
3, She asked the standard set of questions from the I-485 application.
(Both at the same time)
4, Verified the names of our parents.
5, She asked my wife whether she was working and also asked
her employers name (which is same as mine)
6, Asked my current employment letter and last years taxes only .

Thats all .... no pay stubs , no BC no Marriage cert nothing.

Surprisingly , she did not ask for my EAD/PAROLE/I-94 and I still have
with them as memorabilia.

Thanks to all , specifically to Hermitcrab .

God bless America !!
Any specific questions , pl PM me .
Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
chintu said:

Details soon.

Thanks

Chintu, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Long journey is over for you. Thanks for posting your interview experiences.

congrats chintu,Good luck Tufan

Hi

Congratulations Chintu. long wait is over. My case was also approved yesterday after interview at philadelphia local office.

The officer also did not take my EAD and Advance parole. Neither did he take any photos.

I am worried about it. what about you? Did you give him updated photographs.

He just told us congratulations,and stamped our passport and said you will get your card in couple of months.

Tufan best of luck on your interview. They are not hard on anything.
Just relax and stay calm. We will pray for you.

Just post after the interview. Don't leave the site.

Thanks
Tunu

Tunu,that's a great news. Congrats once again.
thanks for the wishes as well.

Local office has not asked me for the photographs. i'll take them just in case. looks like they are still using the old ones since they did not ask you for the new ones.

Don't worry if they did not take your EAD/AP. you got the stamp, which is more important.

Good Luck...TUFAN

tufan said:
Tunu,that's a great news. Congrats once again.
thanks for the wishes as well.

Local office has not asked me for the photographs. i'll take them just in case. looks like they are still using the old ones since they did not ask you for the new ones.

Don't worry if they did not take your EAD/AP. you got the stamp, which is more important.

Received Interview notices

Today we received interview notices for Dec 14 with Officer C. All four of us have different timings with the gap of 30 minutes. All notices has standard attachments with list of documents and direction to office. One of the document listed is I-864. What is this? Do I need this one? It also list medical report in a sealed envelop. We submitted our medical along with 485 application. I have copies of medical report from 2002 but not sealed. Do we need to do medical again?

Me and my wife does not have birth certificate but we have affidavites from respective parents with non availability of registration from municipal office or notified area commitee. I think these should serve as our birth certificate. During filing of our 485 we submitted Birth ceriticate obtained from indian consulate. Problem is my wife's non-availability certificate is in Hindi. Please suggest me any hindi-english certified translator?

RSK1 said:
Today we received interview notices for Dec 14 with Officer C. All four of us have different timings with the gap of 30 minutes.

RSK1, this is common standard letter.

All notices has standard attachments with list of documents and direction to office. One of the document listed is I-864. What is this?

You don't need I-864. (it's affidavit of support for people who have relatives sponsering them)But you need I-134, which is affidavit that you as a primary applicant would be supporting your family financially.

Do I need this one? It also list medical report in a sealed envelop. We submitted our medical along with 485 application. I have copies of medical report from 2002 but not sealed. Do we need to do medical again?

No need to get the medicals done again. You can request your Doctor to give you another original in a sealed envelope.

Me and my wife does not have birth certificate but we have affidavites from respective parents with non availability of registration from municipal office or notified area commitee. I think these should serve as our birth certificate.

You are correct.

During filing of our 485 we submitted Birth ceriticate obtained from indian consulate. Problem is my wife's non-availability certificate is in Hindi. Please suggest me any hindi-english certified translator?

Non-availability should be in English. You can use some friend letter stating that he has taken a course in english and he is a certified hindi-english translator and you can get the paper notraized and then provide Hindi to English translation for the Certificate.

OH>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I forgot to say CONGRTS For the INTERVIEW!!!!

Urgent!!!!

Guys, my interview is on Monday Nov1st. sorry for the confusion.

The Real Canadian, where are you man? Can you please shed some light and blessings on us?

Here's my question. The new birth certificate i was talking about, let's just say i am not too confident about that.

Now my question to you is that, can i submit just the affidavits from my parents and uncle instead? Do i have to submit non-availability certificate?(since i submited copy of original, that means the record exits, i don't think i should submit non-availability certificate?)

(Remember, i had submitted copy of my original certificate to USCIS, which is lost now)?

Secondly, the appointment letter states, bring original birth certificate. It does not give options for affidavits? :confused:

tufan said:
Here's my question. The new birth certificate i was talking about, let's just say i am not too confident about that.

I am pretty certain that if they had an issue with the original BC, they would have RFE'd you on it. I wasn't asked for mine - I was asked for DOB for identification purposes, but the officer just checked against the I-485 paperwork she had, not the copy of the BC we submitted.

Secondly, the appointment letter states, bring original birth certificate. It does not give options for affidavits?

Most likely a form letter. Bring what you have - I doubt it'll be an issue.

The Real C,
thanks for the quick reply. I have things intact. You are correct. My file was reviewd by an officer before the case was transferred from Vermont. At that time the RFE was only issued for Medicals, which i had to submit to Vermont. Had their been any issues with Birth Certificate they would have raised the flag. Later on i posted that the reason the case was transferred, because my I-94 showed my status expired. However, it had not expired.

Since, now we are going in person, i just wanted to be sure, if just in case they ask me for my original certificate?

You forgot to answer to this question?
"Now my question to you is that, can i submit just the affidavits from my parents and uncle instead? Do i have to submit non-availability certificate?(since i submited copy of original, that means the record exits, i don't think i should submit non-availability certificate?)"

tufan said:
Non-availability should be in English. You can use some friend letter stating that he has taken a course in english and he is a certified hindi-english translator and you can get the paper notraized and then provide Hindi to English translation for the Certificate.

OH>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I forgot to say CONGRTS For the INTERVIEW!!!!

Thanks Tufan. I searched the web site for certified hindi-english translator but could not succeed. Please let me know if anyone has any idea on this?
Good luck for your interview !!!

Real C/Tufan, My case is based on future employment. I left my old employer having labor approved in PA. After 1 yr they agreed to file 140/485 based on the future employment. My current employment is in Atlanta. For the purpose of EVL I can get letter from my old employer as well as current employer and both. What is my best bet? I do have approved labor from my current employer and pending 140 in TSC. Should I need to address this with officer? The HR of current employer is aware of my situations and assured me to help in all regards. They are ready to provide attorney service if required. I do not need to pay for that. Please suggest.

My current employment is in Atlanta. For the purpose of EVL I can get letter from my old employer as well as current employer and both. What is my best bet
It depends on your intent. Please remember that You and not your employer is filing for 485. Up to I140, it is the employer, but the 485 is yours.
So, if you decide to stay with the current employer, get a letter with AC21 mentioned on it and use it for the interview. If your intent is to join your original sponsor after the GC approval carry a continuation of job offer letter from the old employer. Please have an answer if the officer asked why you did not go back to this employer with EAD. It could be any thing - even personal reasons to wait until green card approval.
It does not make a good demonstration of intent if you carried letters from both. It may not seem to matter now, but this may come back 5 years later at citizenship interview

Last edited by a moderator:
Will online information change after passport stampted?

We got our passports stamped after the interview last week, but our online status has not changed. It still shows that the finger printing received...Is it normal? Or should the online information change to case approved and card ordered? Anyone has experience on this matter? Thanks for sharing your information.

stareee said:
We got our passports stamped after the interview last week, but our online status has not changed. It still shows that the finger printing received...Is it normal?

Your I-485 will go into a "black hole" for online case status purposes once it is transferred. Our I-485 status is still saying transferred on October 21, 2002 despite getting an FP, an interview and approval afterwards.

A few weeks after your approval you will get a "Welcome Notice" in the mail which refers to an I-181 petition. This should have an SRC number that you can use to track the plastic card.