Atlanta Local Office Processing

Tunu said:
Hi Tufan,

Congrats
Did u receive the welcome notice by post or by email? It's more than three weeks after my stamping at Philadelphia local office but I have not received any welcome notice.

Please let me know.

Thanks
tunu

Tunu, probably the officer was not fast enough to get back to registering the case for I-181, (permanent status).

you'll get it soon. don't sweat over it. I did not expect things to come so early, however...... that's how it is.

The letters are standard. I verified my A#'s. I am tracking SRC#'s and have added to the portfolio.

Thanks Real C for all your help and continued support to this forum.

Received Card y'day

I got stamped after interview on Oct 27 th and received card y'day.
I received 4(??) welcome letters from Texas service center on Friday.
My case was originally filed in Vermont

tufan said:
Tunu, probably the officer was not fast enough to get back to registering the case for I-181, (permanent status).

you'll get it soon. don't sweat over it. I did not expect things to come so early, however...... that's how it is.

The letters are standard. I verified my A#'s. I am tracking SRC#'s and have added to the portfolio.

Thanks Real C for all your help and continued support to this forum.

Guys,

Guess what, you have a new member

On November 17, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in ATLANTA, GA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in ATLANTA, GA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Same, it took them two years to do transfer the case, why the heck they could not do it before, just trying to reduce the backlog by transferring the cases to local centers.

Can anyone throw light? How soon I can expect interview date?

PremChopra said:

Welcome! It's a club where no one wants to be a member. :)

Same, it took them two years to do transfer the case, why the heck they could not do it before, just trying to reduce the backlog by transferring the cases to local centers.

My case got picked up after just a year, then sat for almost two waiting for the interview. Since you are a late 2002 case my guess is that you may get an interview in 1Q2005 or so, and won't wait too long by comparison. Wait at the front, wait at the back, either way is pretty lousy.

Prabably in 2 Months

PremChopra said:
Guys,

Our cases were transferred on 9/9 and got ID for 2nd week of Dec. Real C is right, you should get interview in Feb.

PremChopra said:
Thanks to you guys for your responses.

I would need some emotional support to get through these 3 months or so.

Prem, you are my man! Need not worry. Things happen for good. Now here's what you need to do. make sure all your papework is in order. For ex: Birth certificates with name, marriage certificates, college degree/diplomas, if you have kids, birth certificates, medicals for yourself and family. These are just basic things as they require third party attention, which sometimes take time. Once you have these things in order, getting employment letter from the employer would be the last thing.

Please spend time to gather all this information. You have read my experience and hopefully your's won't be that thorough. You'll breeze through like Staree, Chintu, The Real Canadaian and others.

You are correct. This is another way for USCIS to get rid of your case from Vermont/Texas as now your case is not backlogged as the office has reviewed your case and taken actions on it. :rolleyes:

I am sure there was something in your case that was left out and that's the reason your case got transferred. For ex: Maybe missing H-1 status information,

Don't worry we all here to help you. I am thinking if the speed continues, you'll probably get an interview in next 2-3 months as Altanta is currently processing August 2002 case.

Secondly, i hope you live in Atlanta, if you live in other areas like South Carolina then you have different interview dates to worry about as Atlatna district office gets the cases and further distributes based upon juridicitons.

chintu said:
I got stamped after interview on Oct 27 th and received card y'day.
I received 4(??) welcome letters from Texas service center on Friday.
My case was originally filed in Vermont

Chintu, congrats as your journey is officially over. Keep the other 2 welcome letters as Souvenir. May be USCIS wants to welcome you twice and it's their way of saying "SORRY".

Thanks for your support tufan, as per your suggestion I will get together all this information. I don't think anything was left out in my case, except for the reason that I left the sponsoring employer before labor approval but that could have been sorted out by an RFE for EVL.

Anyway I don't want to think about it too much, other thing I want to check with you guys is that my sponsoring employer and my current employer (sponsoring employer's client) both can give me employment letters, now when I go for interview and officer asks for EVL should I take letter from sponsoring employer or from the current employer.
Also my sponsoring employer filed my labor from Virginia now they moved their office to Atlanta I don't even know if they have an office in Virginia. If I take EVL from current employer who is based in Atlanta would it matter that my labor was filed in Virginia.

Other thing is that Airborne courier lost our original birth certificates (mine and my wife's), I got a letter of apology from them as a proof. I had to request duplicate copies from India again, would that be any kind of an issue.

I think other than these things I have everything in order.

Hi tufan, I received welcome letter 2 days ago. However, there is nothing indicating that the card is ordered. It only says that we should receive card in 3 weeks. Do I miss anything?

tufan said:
Chintu, congrats as your journey is officially over. Keep the other 2 welcome letters as Souvenir. May be USCIS wants to welcome you twice and it's their way of saying "SORRY".

stareee said:
Hi tufan, I received welcome letter 2 days ago. However, there is nothing indicating that the card is ordered. It only says that we should receive card in 3 weeks. Do I miss anything?

Keep tracking the SRC# in the Welcome letter. Within a few days, it should update to say the card has been ordered/mailed.

PremChopra said:
Thanks for your support tufan, as per your suggestion I will get together all this information. I don't think anything was left out in my case, except for the reason that I left the sponsoring employer before labor approval but that could have been sorted out by an RFE for EVL.

Anyway I don't want to think about it too much, other thing I want to check with you guys is that my sponsoring employer and my current employer (sponsoring employer's client) both can give me employment letters, now when I go for interview and officer asks for EVL should I take letter from sponsoring employer or from the current employer.
For sure you want to take letters from your "Sponsoring employer". The client is meaning less unless you are getting two paycheck? I am assuming your paycheck is coming from the sponsoring employer? I cannot comment if it's a future employment related case. Therefore, i am assuming that you get your pay from Sponsoring employer as we all do.
Also my sponsoring employer filed my labor from Virginia now they moved their office to Atlanta I don't even know if they have an office in Virginia. If I take EVL from current employer who is based in Atlanta would it matter that my labor was filed in Virginia.
Labor is not an issue as long as it is approved. Where are you living? you did not metion that.
Other thing is that Airborne courier lost our original birth certificates (mine and my wife's), I got a letter of apology from them as a proof. I had to request duplicate copies from India again, would that be any kind of an issue.
Duplicates are not problem as long as your case was registered. You have plenty of time to get BC's done so jump on it. Just for the backup get the affidavits done as well.
I think other than these things I have everything in order.

Last edited by a moderator:
TheRealCanadian said:
Keep tracking the SRC# in the Welcome letter. Within a few days, it should update to say the card has been ordered/mailed.

Staree, The Real C is correct. My letters does not mention about the card being ordered. It just states i shall get them in 3 weeks(in bold). He. He. he..
;) :rolleyes: :cool: :D :eek:
Now my life has not changed, except that i have one less thing to worry about. Wish for faster approval for everybody who is still waiting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, my 140 was approved on Oct 21/04 and 485 transffered to ATL on the same date. I got same notice as yours.

Concurrent Filing Aug 30/04
RD: Sept. 9/04

tufan,

In my previous quote, when I said current employer (I joined my sponsoring employer's client as a full time employee so my sponsoring employer is not giving me the paycheck anymore).

I live in Alpharetta (north of Atlanta). Also you said labor is not an issue as long as it is approved, I always thought that labor is tied to a geographical area so If I have labor approved in Virginia and I intend to join some company in Atlanta I don't know how would that work out.

When you say case registered for birth certificates, what does that mean?

In the meantime I already got duplicates which has names on those birth certificates, just to be sure I will get the affidavits done.

I was thinking that I would be approved by end of this year, but that does not seem to be the case now, so I need to remove that from my signature.

AD - as you would guess would mean "Approval Date"

PremChopra said:
Guys,

On November 17, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in ATLANTA, GA for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in ATLANTA, GA will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Prem,
That must be a bit dissapointing. Did you have any job changes? Anything that you suspect could have triggered this transfer or was it totally random?
Good luck. It is unsetteling but hang in there and you will definitely get through.

waiting!

This One Is For All Of You!

Hello Friends, my PR card arrived on Nov 16th, 12 days after the interview/stamping done in Charleston, South Carolina. Looks like the officer was correct when she said i'll get the card in few days. The card has the new format.

Similar to the one in the link. Except much SEXIER picture! ;) :cool:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/PRCard_11_15_04.pdf

I also received 4 welcome notices each for myself and my wife. I guess that USCIS are making up for all these years.

Finally, life does not feel any different after 14 years of long long journey. It's just another hurdle that's over in life. I am sure each single one of you had endured the same pain in this forum. However, what's most important is that we all are their for each other in hard times.

I'll be around. Wish you all a FASTER approval. Staree you are next.