Atlanta Local Office Processing

Congrats

Great news RSK1,

Excellent, very happy for you, congratulations. Let's see how it goes for me. I am waiting for the interview date and I am feeling little bit low these days so not visiting the forum very often.
But for you and your family, happy holidays, Merry Christmas and Happy new year.

RSK1 said:
First and foremost I would like to thanks every one on this portal for sharing information. I would like to extend special thanks to Real C , Tufan, feb6361, stareee & Prem.
Case history : In short after Labor apporval changed employer and continued GC processing with old employer.

My current employer provided me attorney service (no cost to me) but this was waste. We reached office around 12.00 PM for interview slot of 12.30-2.20 PM for four persons. We were called at 1.00 PM. Officer was elderly black lady and she was very nice. I was little nervous because I was not working with sponsoring employer. She asked me EVL of current employer, I gave her EVL and copies of 4 months of pay stubs. Then she asked for drivers licence, EAD, I-94 and passport. She entered something in computer and took out 2 printouts, stamped approved on that paper then stamped on my passport. Then she turned to my wife file. Asked her couple of questions - country of birth and date of birth then she stamped her passport.

Now she opned my elder son file. Almost after doing every thing she found that security check is never done so she can not stamp my sons passport. My sons are 11 & 8 yrs old. When I told her that they are minor and as per my knowledge no checks are required until 14 yrs and no FPs were done for them, she replied very politely that this is not FBI checks. All the AOS cases including minors need to through security check. This is something new to me. Any Suggestions???
She told us that we do not need to do anything. Once security check results arrive ASC will send us the approval letter. She did not commit any time frame when I asked her.

ConcurrentFiler : I carried letters from my current and future employer, but submited the current one.

RSK1, my belated congratulations!! Sorry, i have been swapped with work so did not get to check the forum.
You should get the card in less than 1 month.
good luck in your future endevors.

tufan said:
RSK1, my belated congratulations!! Sorry, i have been swapped with work so did not get to check the forum.
You should get the card in less than 1 month.
good luck in your future endevors.

Thanks Prem & Tufan,

Have you ever heard about security checks for minors? What type of they do?

Hello RSK1 & Prem,

My case is a similar one to urs ...Please need ur advise...

My case status states that

On December 14, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in ST LOUIS, MO for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in ST LOUIS, MO will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I had my FP on 10/26 . Is my case transfered for processing or is it in the final stage?

I processed my GC using a substitute Labour with my previous employer A and i am currently working with Employer B in st.louis. This is the status now...

What would be better ...Should i get EVL from my prev letter or shouild i go with the company i am working with using AC21 ?

givme_gc said:
Hello RSK1 & Prem,

My case is a similar one to urs ...Please need ur advise...

My case status states that

On December 14, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to our office in ST LOUIS, MO for them to schedule and conduct your interview. Scheduling can take several months. Our office in ST LOUIS, MO will notify you when they schedule your interview or take other action on your case. If you need further information, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

I had my FP on 10/26 . Is my case transfered for processing or is it in the final stage?

I processed my GC using a substitute Labour with my previous employer A and i am currently working with Employer B in st.louis. This is the status now...

What would be better ...Should i get EVL from my prev letter or shouild i go with the company i am working with using AC21 ?

giveme_gc

I went with EVL of current and future employer both. Be prepared to answer on this. In my case the officer just wanted to verify my employment. Since she didn't ask anything on future employment I did not answer that.

Thanks for the info RSK1. I will get it from both of them.

"Be prepared to answer on this" , What would be the best answer.

Actually I am planning to work with my sponsoring employer after i get my GC.

Also please let me know what all documents i need to take there..

Thanks buddy...

Interviewed on dec 16th and stamped

Hi Atl folks,
:)
WHEN EVERYTHING FAILS HOPE KEEPS YOU ALIVE!!!!

Just to let u know u guys have been very helpful to me. I appreciate the input from realCanadian, feb361,tufan,RSK1, Stareee, Premchopra anybody I might have missed mentioning in this email.

I had a nerve wracking case. :confused: In short I selfpetitioned , NIW eb2 feb
I 48513,02 for me and my spouse(Philly PA). Quit my empolyer after 1 year, moved to another research position in richmond va. Got terminated due to differences between my lady (boss) moved to ATl to work for another lady boss but was shocked when I landed here that my pay was going to be 25% less but work 100% time also the teaching part of the 25% never came through. I struggled for 2 months and then in a fight quit the job and stayed home for massive job search. In the meantime my 2nd FP came thru in August, 2004, I went ahead and did the fp not knowing what was in store for me in the weeks few ahead.
I kept applying for jobs with no success until in october, 2004. I almost landed a research position and got the job in columbia MS but fell thru at the last minute. Well i thought of booking my tickets to India to go back for good.
The reason being I got the interveiw letter for DEc 16th, 2004 at 1230pm and my spouse 1200 pm. I had lost hopes and was depressed nothing was working my way. I continued my marathon job search.
i GOT couple of phone interviews and after that nothing happened. suddenly like a shining light i got an offer from florida. I told them i can join asap but could not commit on the start date. i recieved the employment offer starting from dec 20th,2004.

I sent a letter to ATL immigration to postpone my interveiw to march, 2005. but after i recieved the employment offer i decided to take chance and went to the interveiw with fear of being rejected and sent back.
REAson: No Pay stubs for 3 months.....

INterview details: Went to ATL office, took Marta to avoid the parking and driving,( not fond of driving). REached around 1120am. but the security gaurd did not let anybody on 2nd floor, i thought we were going to miss the interview, police with dogs and more police were everywhere. Finally at about 1155 am we were allowed to go to int room on 2nd flr. Waited with a room full fo people. My interveiw letter was placed in the window and waited dreadfully for our names.... calling. after about an hour we were called in my wife first and i told i was the primary applicant and we were led into a corridor and into teh room. I was nervous and had a face that resembled a egyptian mummy.
Question asked: what is ur address?
A:i gave her my address
she took out a sheet and made me sign both sides, and had trouble fp my index finger, which she helped me do it. relax !!! is the word.
Q: have you been arrested, helped illegals into country?
A: no
Q: current employment?
A:I gave her copy my future job offer from florida.
suddenly the phone started ringing. she told me its not looking good for you. she asked my petitioner is in phily re u going back? I said no. she talked to somebody and he clarified that i was self petioner and did not need to work for the previous employer. i told her I did the petition myself.
She had a stoic and serious approach to everything. my son was meanwhile playing under the chairs, and I was nervous wreck.
She asked for my EAD, Passport, drivers Id.
She updated infor oncomputer.
q: SHE ASKED MY SPOUSE SAME QUESTIONS ON ILLEGAL ACTIVITY.
a: NONE
SHE UPDATED HER INFO ON COMPUTER,

SHE STAMPED OUR PASSPORT BUT MESSED UP MY A# AND MY SPOUSE POINTED THAT TO HER, SHE REWROTE THE MESSED UP A#.
I ASKED HER FOR CHANGE FO ADDRESS. SHE TOLD ME TO UPDATE IT WHEN I GET MINE FROM FL.
THATS ALL FOLKS!!
eNDED AT 140PM. HAD TO GO DOWN TO ROOM 100 FOR CURRENT PHOTOS. PAID $26 FOR SET OF 4PHOTOS FOR ME AND SPOUSE.
WAITING FOR THE CARD TO ARRIVE??
dONT KNOW WHEN?/
EMAIL ME ANY QUESTIONS AND IWILL BE GLAD TO ANSWERIT

TAKE CARE
WILL UPDATE INFO :D

h
She turned to my wife and

Interview Details

hi FOLKS,
JUST FORGOT TOMENTION SOME INFO.
q: COPY OF 2003 TAX.
A: GAVE ACOPY.

FOR SPOUSE:

Q: MARRIAGE CERITIFICATE?
A: MY SPOUSE GAVE A COPY OF MARRIAGE CERT.
NO QUESTIONS WERE ASKED TO MAKE IT EMBARASSING. BUT WAS WAITING TO JUMP OUT OF THE BUILDING.

THANKS
H :cool:

Congratulations Harohalli,
Fortune favors the brave, take it easy now, relax, find a better job, that is where the GC opens so many avenues and you are free from all those blood sucking employers.

giveme_gc

My case is exactly same as you and discussed it with my attorney, because I wanted to work for my sponsoring employer after I get GC. But he said you should be prepared to give a convincing answer that why you are not working for them right now and also since labor was filed in other state he said AC-21 will take care of all these issues, but I am going to take employment letters from both anyway. Right now I think, I am going to say that my intent is to work with my current employer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks prem.

Let me talk to the lawyer. Which lawyer did u speak to. Is he from the sponsoring company ?

If we do a AC21 , Then doesnt it mean we do not need to work for the Sponsoring employer....?

According to USCIS you should be working for the employer from whom you submitted the employment letter at a later stage if you show one or for which you have shown the intent of working.

Harohalli,

Congratulation!! Wish you all the best!!

Just remember: God is great!!..also Strugle makes a man stronger..plus now you have a GC..so, enjoy!!

Harohalli said:
hi FOLKS,
JUST FORGOT TOMENTION SOME INFO.
q: COPY OF 2003 TAX.
A: GAVE ACOPY.

FOR SPOUSE:

Q: MARRIAGE CERITIFICATE?
A: MY SPOUSE GAVE A COPY OF MARRIAGE CERT.
NO QUESTIONS WERE ASKED TO MAKE IT EMBARASSING. BUT WAS WAITING TO JUMP OUT OF THE BUILDING.

THANKS
H :cool:

PremChopra & giveme_gc,

I think, now a days they are not much concern about whom do you work for or will be going to work after AC21..So, please don't lie and tell the truth and you all will be fine.

My case was also similar to yours such as: Original Labour was filed in NJ by company A..I-140 filed with labour sub. in TX..changed job to company B..filed I-485 by company A future employment in Vermont and mention current employer- company B in I-485 form..Changed job to company C..Moved to ATL and got the GC now after an interview.

Question were asked:
(1) which company are you working?
I said for company C and intent to work for company C. Provided EVL only from company C.
(2) why you changed the job?
I said lack of work and for better prospects.

no more questions asked and got the gc..

You all will be fine!!

Good luck!!

True..this will help during citizenship..

PremChopra said:
According to USCIS you should be working for the employer from whom you submitted the employment letter at a later stage if you show one or for which you have shown the intent of working.

PremChopra said:

At the time of 485 filing, I enclosed paystubs of current employer. As per my interview exp. it looks like officer was only interested in that I am working some where with same role and responsibility.
Q - 140 was approved by company A.
A - yes
Q- where are you working now?
A- Company B

After that she stamped the one of her doc paper with "approved".

I followed the suggestions given in this thread especially by Real C and Tufan, make your answere short and precious. "Don't ask - don't tell policy" - unless asked to explain in details , try to answer in words not sentences. Use your common sense when to explain in detail and when few words can satisfy any query.

Hopefully it will help you. :cool:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

It is my pleasure to inform you gentlefolks that the I-485 applicaton of myself and my wife has been approved. We got the letters today from the Atlanta CIS.

For my details and hardships see this post

My lawyer kept following up with the Officer who did our interview and looks like it paid off - Thank God!

There is light at the end of every tunnel. Keep the faith - those who are waiting for GC. Good luck to all of you.

And many thanks to everyone here for all the help and support.

I'll post more details as and when applicable.

Congrats in getting your GC>
Im under understanding that you get stamped at the time of interview. In what situations it is different.

I had my finger prints done and then after a month or so USCIS transferred my case to ATL for interview. Case has been transferred on Dec 4

Congrats ATLDesi it's good to hear that all hurdles are over.

ConcurrentFiler - for the people whom they have pending Security Check they don't approve on the spot.