Atlanta Local Office Processing

Little interesting,

Message for my wife's case has changed again today and on her case it doesn't talk about interview any more it says:

"On November 17, 2004, we transferred your I485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or to Adjust Status to an office in ATLANTA, GA for processing. Our office in ATLANTA, GA will send you a written decision as soon as processing is complete. You should receive a notice informing you that your case has been transferred to a local office. Please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283 to receive information about local office processing times."

In my case it says Atlanta will schedule an interview and it might take several months to do that.

Guys,

I had my interview at Atlanta 46 days ago and gave my fingerprints the same day.

Since there has been no news yet, I booked an INFOPASS appointment for this week to speak to an officer there and ask for an update.

A couple of questions:

1. Both my case and my wife's are being processed by I booked the appointment only with my name. Can she tag along?

2. What are the dos and don'ts for the INFOPASS appointments?

What should I ask for? Any details will be appreciated.

Thanks

Atl,

both yourself and your wife can use the same appointment. It worth a visit. Was your FBI Name check cleared? that's something you might want to ask. Secondly, if everything went well in your interview and their were no shortages of visa numbers then i cannot think of other questions. Maybe someone else could shed some light on your case.

Good luck.
keep us posted.

There is no quick way to check way to check FBI namecheck. I sent a fax and email on 9/25 and haven't heard yet. Sent couple of emails after that also. Seems like it's all falling on the deaf ears.

I tried to scan most of the last posts on this thread but could not find anyone waiting for interview date. Is there anyone who is waiting for an interview date from Atlanta office?

Thanks in advance

I have received 4 welcome notices. Each a day recently. Still no card.:( It is almost a month since they stamped my passport.

tufan said:
Hello Friends, my PR card arrived on Nov 16th, 12 days after the interview/stamping done in Charleston, South Carolina. Looks like the officer was correct when she said i'll get the card in few days. The card has the new format.

Similar to the one in the link. Except much SEXIER picture! ;) :cool:
http://uscis.gov/graphics/publicaffairs/newsrels/PRCard_11_15_04.pdf

I also received 4 welcome notices each for myself and my wife. I guess that USCIS are making up for all these years.

Finally, life does not feel any different after 14 years of long long journey. It's just another hurdle that's over in life. I am sure each single one of you had endured the same pain in this forum. However, what's most important is that we all are their for each other in hard times.

I'll be around. Wish you all a FASTER approval. Staree you are next.

:mad: :mad: :mad:

I went to the Atlanta CIS office today to ask for a status update.

My dates are in my signature. We had our interview and FP done on 10/7 but were concerned that nothing has happened since then.

Our INFOPASS appt was at 7 AM. We went there at 6:40 AM. Around 7:05 AM, we got our ticket/token and were asked to wait in Room 111. At about 8:00 AM, our number was called an officer asked us about our case details. When I told her about our interview date, fingerprints being received at the Texas center etc., she told us that she cannot look up a case that is "processed upstairs" until six months have passed since the last update :eek: . I requested her to ask Officer A (who did our interview) or someone upstairs again.

She asked us to wait. After about an hour, she called us back by our names and gave us more updates. She said that she had spoken to a supervisor and found out that Officer A is on vacation and has been for some time. She said that we could just wait till he gets back and he has a chance to look up our case or wait 6 more months and come back to the Atlanta CIS office for adjudication. I asked her if I could leave a note/message for Officer A, but she declined saying that she has been instructed not to bother "upstairs" until 6 months have passed and she doesn't know when Officer A is returning anyway. I reminded her that Officer A even filled out our Green Card application form during the interview and told us he'll approve it as soon as gets the FP results but she said it doesn't matter and we still ahve to wait.

I'm so pissed off at these guys! They treat us like $hit and sub-humans.

Hi, My file has transffered to atl on Oct. 21, 2004 to schedule an interview. Can anyone advise how long will it take?

Thanks

Concurrent file: RD: Sept. 9/04
EAD: Oct. 4/04
I-140 : AP - Oct. 21/04

don't go to room 111..those all are fools..please call the no. 404-331-1030 and search your interviewed offier extention by last name and talk to that officer (please call between 7.15 AM to 7.30 AM).

If you don't know the name of that officer, then go to the room upstair where you went for the interview..put your copy of the interview notice in the try or talk to the lady/man at that counter and let them know that you would like to talk to the interviewed officer..Or you can wait for some officer to come out from inside and request them that you want to talk to the interviewed officer.

I took this approch and it worked very well..

Good luck! Wish you all a happy thanksgiving!

ATLDesi said:

I went to the Atlanta CIS office today to ask for a status update.

My dates are in my signature. We had our interview and FP done on 10/7 but were concerned that nothing has happened since then.

Our INFOPASS appt was at 7 AM. We went there at 6:40 AM. Around 7:05 AM, we got our ticket/token and were asked to wait in Room 111. At about 8:00 AM, our number was called an officer asked us about our case details. When I told her about our interview date, fingerprints being received at the Texas center etc., she told us that she cannot look up a case that is "processed upstairs" until six months have passed since the last update :eek: . I requested her to ask Officer A (who did our interview) or someone upstairs again.

She asked us to wait. After about an hour, she called us back by our names and gave us more updates. She said that she had spoken to a supervisor and found out that Officer A is on vacation and has been for some time. She said that we could just wait till he gets back and he has a chance to look up our case or wait 6 more months and come back to the Atlanta CIS office for adjudication. I asked her if I could leave a note/message for Officer A, but she declined saying that she has been instructed not to bother "upstairs" until 6 months have passed and she doesn't know when Officer A is returning anyway. I reminded her that Officer A even filled out our Green Card application form during the interview and told us he'll approve it as soon as gets the FP results but she said it doesn't matter and we still ahve to wait.

I'm so pissed off at these guys! They treat us like $hit and sub-humans.

We got the cards!

After waiting for a month and receiving 4 welcome letters from TSC, we finally got the cards today. We appreciate the great help from people in this thread. I will be around and willing to help. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

stareee said:
After waiting for a month and receiving 4 welcome letters from TSC, we finally got the cards today. We appreciate the great help from people in this thread. I will be around and willing to help. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.

Staree, congrats. Finally your journey is over as well. Out best wishes and luck are always with who all are waiting.

Preparation of interview

I have started documnetation for interview. Made a file with copies and original documents.

1. Current employment letter
2. W-2 for last 7 yrs
3. Tax return for last 7 yrs (copies from H&R Block)
4. Pay stubs for last 4 months
5. Birth Certificate - Non-availability of BC & affidatives from parents. High School certificate)
6. Experience letters from previous employers (US & India)
7. Bank statements for 3 months
8. Apartment leasing agreement for last 3 yrs
9. Driver's licence & SS cards for me & wife
10. My copies of Medicals in sealed envelops (done in 2002)
11. Birth ceritificates of sons
12. BS & MS cerificates and transcripts
13. Marriage certificate

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

My case is related with future employment. After the labor approval I moved down to Atlanta from PA and joined another company. 140 was approved from previous employer. What type of questions should I expect on this? Difference between LC pay and current pay is +25K (Is it an issue?).

Real C, Tufan & others your suggestions will be really helpful to me.

RSK1 said:
I have started documnetation for interview. Made a file with copies and original documents.

1. Current employment letter
2. W-2 for last 7 yrs
3. Tax return for last 7 yrs (copies from H&R Block)
4. Pay stubs for last 4 months
5. Birth Certificate - Non-availability of BC & affidatives from parents. High School certificate)
6. Experience letters from previous employers (US & India)
7. Bank statements for 3 months
8. Apartment leasing agreement for last 3 yrs
9. Driver's licence & SS cards for me & wife
10. My copies of Medicals in sealed envelops (done in 2002)
11. Birth ceritificates of sons
12. BS & MS cerificates and transcripts
13. Marriage certificate

Please let me know if I am missing anything.

My case is related with future employment. After the labor approval I moved down to Atlanta from PA and joined another company. 140 was approved from previous employer. What type of questions should I expect on this? Difference between LC pay and current pay is +25K (Is it an issue?).

Real C, Tufan & others your suggestions will be really helpful to me.

Passport, I-94, and 2 photoes. Good luck.

RSK1 said:
My case was similar to yours with current pay is +25..my case got approved after an interview at ATL office..there won't be any issue of it..

They just ask which company are you working for and why?

I replied that I am working with the new company and wiling to work long time with this company..I gave reason for leaving old company and joining to new one for the better prospects (job and monetory)..

For the document..just refer to the past post of realcanadian after he went for his interviewed about how he kept document in separate files with the labels..this approch is much more helpful in getting document when they ask for.

Good luck!
------------

-----------

RSK1, you are all set for an approval. All the best to you and your family. We'll be waiting to open the Champaign. You have everything in place and there's nothing that i can think of besides, just pray to god before you go for an interview.

Good Luck RSK1,

I hope you will come out with a stamp. I didn't see original H-1s or other visas you might have in your list.

Also my case is similar to yours as I left my sponsoring employer before labor approval. As I could get letter from both the employers now, my attorney suggested that I should take AC-21 letters with me and tell them that my intention is work for the new company, the reason he gave me was if they would ask why you are not working with your sponsoring employer for last 2 years, you need to have a genuine answer ( I have a geniune answer as I am working for the client of my sponsoring employer as a full time employee and my sponsoring employers still gets lot of business from my current employer sometimes through me or my presence). I thought I will take employment letters from both (my current employer and my sponsoring employer), will show my intent to do AC-21 if things get complicated I will tell him I can work for either whichever satisfies him/her he/she can take that.

Let me know your opinion guys.

Tufan, feb6361, stareee & Prem,

Thanks for your good wishes and valuable suggestions.

Tufan, I am scotch lover..hope we will be get together some long evening..

documents needed

Does anybody know what cases are processed at Atlanta now. My case is transferred today.

a. in what circumstances the cases are transferred?
b. what questions they ask?
c. do they stamp on the same day?
d. any thing that i have to be careful or might go wrong?
e. does anybody have prior experiences with atlanta?
my wife and i have same dates except for FP
my 485 ND - july 3, 2003
my fp done - 11/4/2004
my wife - 11/16/2004
thank you for your input.

My future employer sponsored the GC and my labor was filed in Pennsylvania. I moved to Alabama since then and so my case is transferred to Atlanta.

RSK1:

You said "current employer letter"
Is it something they ask you bring in advance? or is it something safe to take it with you.

My GC is sponsored by my future employer, should i have to get a letter from him? or current employer?

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Self & spouse approved but children not

First and foremost I would like to thanks every one on this portal for sharing information. I would like to extend special thanks to Real C , Tufan, feb6361, stareee & Prem.
Case history : In short after Labor apporval changed employer and continued GC processing with old employer.

My current employer provided me attorney service (no cost to me) but this was waste. We reached office around 12.00 PM for interview slot of 12.30-2.20 PM for four persons. We were called at 1.00 PM. Officer was elderly black lady and she was very nice. I was little nervous because I was not working with sponsoring employer. She asked me EVL of current employer, I gave her EVL and copies of 4 months of pay stubs. Then she asked for drivers licence, EAD, I-94 and passport. She entered something in computer and took out 2 printouts, stamped approved on that paper then stamped on my passport. Then she turned to my wife file. Asked her couple of questions - country of birth and date of birth then she stamped her passport.

Now she opned my elder son file. Almost after doing every thing she found that security check is never done so she can not stamp my sons passport. My sons are 11 & 8 yrs old. When I told her that they are minor and as per my knowledge no checks are required until 14 yrs and no FPs were done for them, she replied very politely that this is not FBI checks. All the AOS cases including minors need to through security check. This is something new to me. Any Suggestions???
She told us that we do not need to do anything. Once security check results arrive ASC will send us the approval letter. She did not commit any time frame when I asked her.

ConcurrentFiler : I carried letters from my current and future employer, but submited the current one.

Last edited by a moderator: