Atlanta Local Office Processing

Hi All,

Basically, I had one basic questions.

What will be the IIO looking in W2 or 1040 earning statements?

If the W2 is less than previous years less than the H1B labor. Is that going to be a issue??

Thanks
GlenMD

I'm totally pissed with the ASC that took my fingerprints last Thursday.

Basically, my wife and I had our interview on 10/7 and after that we got our FP notice and we went to Buford Highway and got the FP done.

I called the FBI and they told me that they sent the FP to TSC instead of the Atlanta office. So our case is stuck.

I am pissed. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Atl, don't get pissed. I believe it's a normal procedure. Fingerprints databases are linked so Atlanta will have your fingerprints soon. Give it sometime and you'll get your approval soon.

I am sure The Real Canadian and others will agree with me.

Relax..that's a normal procedure..happened to my son fp also..

ATLDesi said:

Basically, my wife and I had our interview on 10/7 and after that we got our FP notice and we went to Buford Highway and got the FP done.

I called the FBI and they told me that they sent the FP to TSC instead of the Atlanta office. So our case is stuck.

ATL desi,
It is not the Fps you should be concerened about.
It is the NAME CHECK by FBI.
Ask me I am one of the Beneficiaries of a "name check pending ". :rolleyes:

Regarding FP

I got fingerprinted on 10/05 and on 10/06 I called FBI and they told me tht they sent my FP results to TSC . I asked them why they sent to TSC , they told that TSC is the one which requested my FP. ATL office can always TSC FP database, that is not an issue.

My concern is why TSC requested my FP when my case was filed in VSC (RD 08/2002) . Does this mean that my case was tranferred to TSC--> ATL cos my current address is in Georgia.

ATLDesi said:

Al_aos said:
ATL desi,
It is not the Fps you should be concerened about.
It is the NAME CHECK by FBI.
Ask me I am one of the Beneficiaries of a "name check pending ". :rolleyes:
Al_aos, the TSC receiveing fp doesn't mean that name check is clear? How do we know if name check is clear or not? It makes me worry about that again. I thought that when TSC recieve fp, the name check was also done. My status in TSC was changed to ft received and the process resume something like that.

You have to contact FBI regarding Name check.
My Fps were clear but my name check /security check/ background check with FBI is pending ( or so the officer told me after the interview) hence my case is not approved even after being approved at least that is what I hope has happened.
Runa enquiry on this forum for Name check and you will get the contacts for FBI. Offlate they are not accepting any Fax/ phone enquiries, just email
I dont have the email address right now
I am just going to wait another 2 weeks before I make an enquiry with FBI Hoping that some miracle will happend and the officer would recive my name check results and send an approval letter.
do keep me updated

Got FP notices from Atlanta Service Center

Me and my wife received FP notices from ASC for 1st week of Nov. Our cases were transferred from VSC on 9/9. Can any one provide me some clarification?
1. Two months before transfer we did our FPs and message got updated that FPs were received and processing was resumed. Why we need to FP again? Is it standard practice of ASC?
2. Based on trends when should we expect interview notices? Who gets notice for interview - me or my attorney?
3. The format/language and printing paper (unlike VSC stationary) of FP is different. It says "Dear Applicant To process your application, CIS must take your FP and have them cleared by FBI....". Is it standard format from Atl sevice center?

Last edited by a moderator:
1. It's standard notice. for some reason even though your fingerprints have not expired, the local service center will still do the fingerprints again because firstly your case is in different juridiction, secondly ASC does not know when they will schedule you for an interview and they want to get a head start by scheduling you again. For ex. When they schedule you for the interview, they don't want that your fingerprints are expired. Moreover this gives them another reason that something is happening to your case in case you do Senator's inquiry. (It's frustrating as i also did 3 times even though the third time my fingerprints had not expired).
2. You should get an interview notice within 2-3 months after the FP's, and both you and your attorney will get the notices. However, you may get early based upon processing speed.
3. It's the standard format. Local service center are different from the district service centers.

tufan said:
1. It's standard notice. for some reason even though your fingerprints have not expired, the local service center will still do the fingerprints again because firstly your case is in different juridiction, secondly ASC does not know when they will schedule you for an interview and they want to get a head start by scheduling you again. For ex. When they schedule you for the interview, they don't want that your fingerprints are expired. Moreover this gives them another reason that something is happening to your case in case you do Senator's inquiry. (It's frustrating as i also did 3 times even though the third time my fingerprints had not expired).
2. You should get an interview notice within 2-3 months after the FP's, and both you and your attorney will get the notices. However, you may get early based upon processing speed.
3. It's the standard format. Local service center are different from the district service centers.

Thanks Tufan for your response and clarifications.

Reg Salary

I have my Inteview in ATL next week and my Attorney says that the biggest concern she has in my case is my current Salary.

My case is a AC21 and my salary is 9% less than the Labour certification Salary.The title and nature of duties are very similar.

My labour was filed in California and I am currently employed in Georgia.

Experts please share your thoughts on this .

RSK1 , ATL sends the interview letter in less than 2 weeks after
the FP notice, hope this helps.

I got approved with 6~7 % less with AC21 in atlanta after interview on 9/28. No question was asked even though I submitted W2 & EVL stating the salary

Our interview today

We got our passports stamped today! :). The officer was very nice. She asked us to show her passports and driver's licenses. She noticed that my driver's license is not from ATL, I explained that I am still in school and just defended yesterday. Then she asked my husband for the employment letter, verified our names, address, DOB etc. It is funny that she asked us together about basic questions from 485, and she did mind that my husband always followed my answers. At last, she asked whether my husband has changed job. That is all. She took our passports, and we waited for about 20 minutes to get passports stamped.

Thanks to all who provided us valuable information. We are very happy that the journey is over.

stareee said:
We got our passports stamped today! :). The officer was very nice. She asked us to show her passports and driver's licenses. She noticed that my driver's license is not from ATL, I explained that I am still in school and just defended yesterday. Then she asked my husband for the employment letter, verified our names, address, DOB etc. It is funny that she asked us together about basic questions from 485, and she did mind that my husband always followed my answers. At last, she asked whether my husband has changed job. That is all. She took our passports, and we waited for about 20 minutes to get passports stamped.

Thanks to all who provided us valuable information. We are very happy that the journey is over.

Congratulations!!!

Regarding Interview

Congragulations!!

BTW what is officers initial ?

My officer is B and my interview is tomorrow.

Thanks

stareee said:

stareee said:

Staree, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Just a quick question...... How did the officer verify the DOB? Did he/she verify against the copy of the bire th certificat that was submitted earlier?

Secondly, did the officer give you hard time regarding the license when you explained the situation?

Please reply. thanks.

Chintu wish you all the best.