• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

1. Sounds like your work is not allowed under F1 so you have violated your status and are not eligible to process AOS. Lawyer can’t change the law. You will need to do CP.
2. N/a, but you should stop violating your status anyway.
3. If the DS260 asks if you have ever been issued a ssn then yes you have to answer truthfully.

Note that separarely from this there have been a number of instances (reported on another forum I’m on) where people who have worked in violation of their F1 status, exactly in this kind of job, have been refused re-entry on their F1s and in some cases have been handed a 5-year bar to the US. There is currently just about zero tolerance if you are discovered breaking visa rules. The longer you do it, the more you risk your status. Violation of status is not generally a problem for consular processing as such, but if you are discovered in the interim and handed a bar on entry then that cannot be overcome for DV.
Hey, i have a same situation, I have E2 visa , I’m in usa and i won in dv lottery and unfortunately I worked for one day with doordash , so are sure it’s ok if i want to do CP ? Because someone told me he won in dv lottery and he did CP in his country and he was on ji visa before and they asked him if he was do unauthorized work.

hello, everyone my case number is 15xxx . I'm in US with F1 visa. I have questions with my situation. I have SSN that i got from j1 visa 7 years ago and i use it for work in restaurant since Jan 2020 (i don't have OPT).
1. Am i still eligible ? do i need to use to a lawyer for my situation ?
2. If i am still eligible, Can i still work or i should stop ?
3. Do i need to put SSN information in DS260 ? ( i didn't put the information when i applied F1 visa)

Thank you so much
I have a same situation.
Can i know what u did ? CP or Aos
And if u did the CP did u got a approval?

Hello Everyone!

My CN will become current in August. I have not yet filled DS-260 or paid DV administrative fee as I was planning to change my status from H4 to F1 and wasn't sure if my case number would go current (Nepal, AS0012***). How do I proceed further? Please help me with some specific queries:

1. I am planning to pay DV administrative fee by COB tomorrow. Is it okay if I can submit DS-260 only in couple of days. I also saw that DS-260 was optional. Is it really optional?
2. Our H1B and H4 renewal is happening right now. We do not want to disclose our DV selection to my husband's employer. In the ongoing renewal application, we have checked NO for the following questions [image inserted]
H4 doc.png
Will this affect our AOS or H1B/H4 renewal?

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thank you so much.

Hello Everyone!

My CN will become current in August. I have not yet filled DS-260 or paid DV administrative fee as I was planning to change my status from H4 to F1 and wasn't sure if my case number would go current (Nepal, AS0012***). How do I proceed further? Please help me with some specific queries:

1. I am planning to pay DV administrative fee by COB tomorrow. Is it okay if I can submit DS-260 only in couple of days. I also saw that DS-260 was optional. Is it really optional?
2. Our H1B and H4 renewal is happening right now. We do not want to disclose our DV selection to my husband's employer. In the ongoing renewal application, we have checked NO for the following questions [image inserted]
View attachment 3558
Will this affect our AOS or H1B/H4 renewal?

Looking forward to your suggestions.

Thank you so much.
1. DS260 submission is optional for AOS.
2. The information was correct as at the time of filing for H1/H4 renewal, so that is not a problem.

p.s. post subsequent questions on the 2022 AOS only thread as that is your applicable year, and not the 2021 thread like you did here.

1. DS260 submission is optional for AOS.
2. The information was correct as at the time of filing for H1/H4 renewal, so that is not a problem.

p.s. post subsequent questions on the 2022 AOS only thread as that is your applicable year, and not the 2021 thread like you did here.

I decided to mail my package tomorrow. I'm still waiting for my college transcript to be delivered.

This is how I assembled everything. I tried to make it as convenient as possible for the FO by classifying the documents similar to the spreadsheet:

View attachment 2516
Hii..what does the envelope, "Proof of maintaining valid status while in the US" include?

Hi everyone! Happy new year!

I just wanted to share my experience with I-90 ( getting a replacement card) in case this is helpful for anyone here on in the future.

As I previously mentioned, due to my error on the application of I-485( see here, https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2021-aos-only.342993/page-586#post-2570228) , I had to replace my green card immediately.

I fought and managed to get an appointment with USCIS after 2 months.

(See here. https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2021-aos-only.342993/page-604#post-2575043)

However here are my new learnings, well at least for my case.

1)I went to the appointment to get an I-551 stamp for my upcoming international travel. However, after showing my green card that has my swapped name, the officer told me that I do not need I-551 stamp if you have an actual green card with the swapped name. Because the error was caused by me initially, I did not have to send in my GC for I-90. At the end, the officer told me I am good to come back as long as I have my GC, I-90 notice, my passport and my past work visa, which is E-2 in my case. The officer also told me that the error is so minor and they can see my real name in their system because of my past visa history + passport.

2)The officer also did mention that even if the error was caused by me initially, if I had mentioned that error and asked to fix it during the interview, I can still call it as USCIS’s error. Therefore, I should have not paid the fees + should have sent my GC for a replacement. However, I explained my understanding of the situation, and the officer was ok with it. (I guess you could go either way if you are in my shoes?)

3)Lastly, I did go on an international travel in December, and I came back to the states with my GC, passport & I-90. I was able to enter without any issue at all.

I hope this might be helpful in the future if anyone is in my shoes!
Hello Ybuster. A follow up and out of curiosity, did you finally get to replace your GC through the I-90 application? As earlier mentioned, we have a similar situation with our daughter's GC.

Secondly, we started the I-90 process in Sept 2021 and from Feb 2022 the online status has being reading "Next Milestone: awaiting decision" . @Sm1smom is this normal wait-time?

Hello Ybuster. A follow up and out of curiosity, did you finally get to replace your GC through the I-90 application? As earlier mentioned, we have a similar situation with our daughter's GC.

Secondly, we started the I-90 process in Sept 2021 and from Feb 2022 the online status has being reading "Next Milestone: awaiting decision" . @Sm1smom is this normal wait-time?
Yes, most likely. If you take a look at the I-90 processing time, you'll see it currently takes about 14.5 months for 80% of the cases. For the remaining 20%, it could take longer or less time. You just need to be patient for now.

Yes, most likely. If you take a look at the I-90 processing time, you'll see it currently takes about 14.5 months for 80% of the cases. For the remaining 20%, it could take longer or less time. You just need to be patient for now.

Thank you very much for your response @Sm1smom

I am waiting for an Interview Letter from the Los Angeles Field Office. Like everyone, I'm getting nervous as the deadline approaches. My case was submitted July 1, fingerprints taken July 22. I want to start taking any action I can to see if I can get an interview.

I am going to contact USCIS and see if they will be willing to expedite my request and contact my congressman and ask if they can help me get an interview and get my case adjudicated before the September 30 timeline.

My questions are

1. Should I do one of these first, or can I do both at the same time?
2. Can I ask USCIS to expedite just based on the fact time is running out, or do I need to show proof of financial loss or something else?
3. Is there any chance applying to USCIS to expedite my interview could delay the procesing of my case?
3. Is there anything else I can/should be doing now?

I am waiting for an Interview Letter from the Los Angeles Field Office. Like everyone, I'm getting nervous as the deadline approaches. My case was submitted July 1, fingerprints taken July 22. I want to start taking any action I can to see if I can get an interview.

I am going to contact USCIS and see if they will be willing to expedite my request and contact my congressman and ask if they can help me get an interview and get my case adjudicated before the September 30 timeline.

My questions are

1. Should I do one of these first, or can I do both at the same time?
2. Can I ask USCIS to expedite just based on the fact time is running out, or do I need to show proof of financial loss or something else?
3. Is there any chance applying to USCIS to expedite my interview could delay the procesing of my case?
3. Is there anything else I can/should be doing now?
If you are a DV2022 applicant: Wrong thread, post here. If you are a DV2021 applicant, the deadline for approval of your case was Sep 30 2021.

Hey! Just noticed your question.

It’s been close to a year now since I filed I-90 but honestly haven’t received it yet. Did the bio back in November and since then, nothing happened. I have my incorrect green card, which just works fine when entering so I am just being patient. Will report here once I get it. The only issue is that I can’t apply to global entry…

Hey! Just noticed your question.

It’s been close to a year now since I filed I-90 but honestly haven’t received it yet. Did the bio back in November and since then, nothing happened. I have my incorrect green card, which just works fine when entering so I am just being patient. Will report here once I get it. The only issue is that I can’t apply to global entry…
Yes, patience is the key here. We are also still waiting for our daughter's who did bio in early October 2021. The greatest challenge is that she can't get a SSN until the correct green card comes.

Hello!

I have the DS-2019 document as a pdf file sent to me by the sponsor but it doesn't have a signature of consular and I do not have my signature either. Do you think it might cause any problems? I have compiled with two year rule and I am applying to AOS with DV.

This has been a helpful thread, along with the spreadsheet. I am also a DV2023 winner and my visa bulletin became available in January. I filed AOS, and did my biometrics in March and my case is currently stuck at case updated to show the biometrics stage. As we come close to September 30, I contacted my senators but nothing (USCIS said to call them on September 30 which doesn't make any sense as that is the deadline)

This has been a helpful thread, along with the spreadsheet. I am also a DV2023 winner and my visa bulletin became available in January. I filed AOS, and did my biometrics in March and my case is currently stuck at case updated to show the biometrics stage. As we come close to September 30, I contacted my senators but nothing (USCIS said to call them on September 30 which doesn't make any sense as that is the deadline)
1. Post your questions on the DV2023 AOS thread.
2. Add your case updates to the 2023 Timeline spreadsheet.

That was my FO as well. It is not a discrepancy you need to worry about too much in the sense that they have not forgotten about your case or anything like that. If you look at my timeline and @bbs01 's they are exactly the same and yet our cases took much longer to be approved than the two people whose cases were also at the same FO before us. They simply don't follow a specific rule or pattern with DV cases.

Try to convince a tier 1 agent to place an inquiry with the FO on your beh

Congrats, seem your application prepared very well. Just wait for your card. I got my interview same day call.
Which field office did you apply?

Hello All, While I was waiting for interview to be scheduled my status suddenly changed to this:
July 23, 2021 Case Was Approved
July 22, 2021 We ordered your new card.

Is this a mistake or it is really happening? :oops:
I am aware that they have been waving the interview for family based and employment based GC applications but never heard of this happening to DV based application
Which FO did you apply? Congrats