• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

On Saturday I finally got my IL. It's funny since just the day before I sent a response to an RFE-ish email re my request for expedite review. Now I'm wondering if that request can have any impact on/during my upcoming interview (either way), since I provided some additional new details about my case (to match the qualification criteria for the expedite request). Thanks!
Congratulations on getting the much awaited IL. I cannot comment as to if the response you sent may negatively impact your case or not, since I have no idea as to the content of what you sent. Your case is already being expedited, which is why you've been scheduled for an interview within a couple of months of AOS filing. Several employment/family based AOS applications filed long before yours are still waiting to be scheduled for an interview. If your IO, upon review of your AOS application, is satisfied you meet the DV requirements, are eligible to file for AOS, your background check has cleared, they have your KCC file, etc. they will of course approve your application without your expedite request playing any positive role in the process.

Congratulations on getting the much awaited IL. I cannot comment as to if the response you sent may negatively impact your case or not, since I have no idea as to the content of what you sent. Your case is already being expedited, which is why you've been scheduled for an interview within a couple of months of AOS filing. Several employment/family based AOS applications filed long before yours are still waiting to be scheduled for an interview. If your IO, upon review of your AOS application, is satisfied you meet the DV requirements, are eligible to file for AOS, your background check has cleared, they have your KCC file, etc. they will of course approve your application without your expedite request playing any positive role in the process.
Thank you. Yes, I understand that but still hope that additional context might help paint a more detailed picture about my case. The FO responded very quickly and friendly to my request, so I hope for the best Will see soon.
Meanwhile, I forgot to share this awesome post on RI, where a guy described in great detail his reasoning behind his expedite request, how he interpreted loose USCIS verbiage, and even shared the actual doc, which I think can help others by at least providing an example and inspiration.
Thank you. Yes, I understand that but still hope that additional context might help paint a more detailed picture about my case.
I’m only picking up on this because i don’t want other people to get the wrong idea and worry about their applications. Applicants don’t need to paint “more detailed pictures of their cases”. as mom already pointed out, they just need to meet the eligibility requirements.

I’m only picking up on this because i don’t want other people to get the wrong idea and worry about their applications. Applicants don’t need to paint “more detailed pictures of their cases”. as mom already pointed out, they just need to meet the eligibility requirements.
Oh, yes, my apologies - didn't want to create confusion. I meant that in the end it's up to IO (to a certain extent) to interpret the dry facts and make that decision, so a bit of human touch should not harm :)

Thank you. Yes, I understand that but still hope that additional context might help paint a more detailed picture about my case. The FO responded very quickly and friendly to my request, so I hope for the best Will see soon.
Meanwhile, I forgot to share this awesome post on RI, where a guy described in great detail his reasoning behind his expedite request, how he interpreted loose USCIS verbiage, and even shared the actual doc, which I think can help others by at least providing an example and inspiration.
Well, I don’t know why you have a need to paint a more detailed picture about your case to someone already familiar with the approval process as that is their job, unless you have some underlying issues that could prevent an approval, perhaps? I hope you’re aware an attempt at supposedly creating a more detailed picture can end up with a boomerang effect, there’s a reason a lot experienced immigration lawyers advice their clients to not provide unsolicited information (which is not to be confused with frontloading an application) by the way.

Oh, yes, my apologies - didn't want to create confusion. I meant that in the end it's up to IO (to a certain extent) to interpret the dry facts and make that decision, so a bit of human touch should not harm :)
Very little actually, about the only thing that could really be “interpreted” is ability to meet public charge requirement, and for that whether you make the minimum or seven figures isn’t relevant as long as you can support yourself (or have an i134)

@Sm1smom I initiated a congress inquiry on a week ago but was curious apart from congress inquiry what else can one do to increase chances of receiving an interview. I spoke to a Tier 1 today and she said my case was at the NBC and no request for a file has been made which contraindicated the previous chat from the 1st week of last month.

@Sm1smom I initiated a congress inquiry on a week ago but was curious apart from congress inquiry what else can one do to increase chances of receiving an interview. I spoke to a Tier 1 today and she said my case was at the NBC and no request for a file has been made which contraindicated the previous chat from the 1st week of last month.
At this point, you can contact the USCIS front line agent or a live agent via Emma to see if they will be willing to submit an expedite request to your FO on your behalf. The purpose of the expedite request really is to bring your case to the attention of whoever it has been assigned to, there is no guarantee they will agree to do so, but worth giving it a try. You can also initiate an Ombudsman Case Assistance - although the Ombudsman's office may come and tell you they're unable to assist unless your case as been pending for 6 months (for cases with no published processing times)

I had my interview, July 29. All went well. The IO had no issue with my wife or I. Both fingerprints were good. My wife's "name check" was good but no result for me yet (the Applicant). Anyone had something similar? Has anyone had any long waits to get a result from their name check? Any advice as to the best way to enquire or perhaps move the process along?

I had my interview, July 29. All went well. The IO had no issue with my wife or I. Both fingerprints were good. My wife's "name check" was good but no result for me yet (the Applicant). Anyone had something similar? Has anyone had any long waits to get a result from their name check? Any advice as to the best way to enquire or perhaps move the process along?
1. Yes, there have been (and still are) folks stuck in AP due to pending background check clearance. Some have not even been scheduled for their interview because their FO is not willing to schedule the interview while the background check clearance is still pending.
2. You just need to be patient for now, as this is not something you have any control over. You cannot move the process along on your own. The good thing is USCIS tend to do their best to move such cases along on their own as we get closer to the end of the FY.

Today, I contacted EMMA to see if there was any update on my case. Unfortunately, there was no update, but I asked him if he could do anything to expedite the process. He sent a service request to the USCIS field office that they should answer in 7 days. I do not have any ideas about service request things. Does it make FO to answer in an expedited way?

"This Service Request will be sent to the U.S.C.I.S. office having jurisdiction over your case. Please allow the U.S.C.I.S. office 7 days to respond to your request by email. The U.S.C.I.S. office will contact you if additional information or documentation is required. Your service request confirmation number is .........."

So just got through to a live chat person via Emma on the USCIS sight.

He told me:

'The Brooklyn field office is actively working on your case'

and when i asked if they are aware of the time sensitive nature of an interview in my case, he told me:

'the officer is aware of the category listed for the application'

Does anyone have any insight as to how accurate this information is likely to be?, How much access to FO information do the live agents have?

Today, I contacted EMMA to see if there was any update on my case. Unfortunately, there was no update, but I asked him if he could do anything to expedite the process. He sent a service request to the USCIS field office that they should answer in 7 days. I do not have any ideas about service request things. Does it make FO to answer in an expedited way?

"This Service Request will be sent to the U.S.C.I.S. office having jurisdiction over your case. Please allow the U.S.C.I.S. office 7 days to respond to your request by email. The U.S.C.I.S. office will contact you if additional information or documentation is required. Your service request confirmation number is .........."
The service request can help bring the case back to the attention of the IO assigned to it, assuming it fell through the cracks/or they lost sight of it.

A couple of questions for you though that may help shed some light on the delay you're experiencing:
1. Which country are you chargeable to?
2. Your CN became current in February, why did you wait until July to file for AOS?

So just got through to a live chat person via Emma on the USCIS sight.

He told me:

'The Brooklyn field office is actively working on your case'

and when i asked if they are aware of the time sensitive nature of an interview in my case, he told me:

'the officer is aware of the category listed for the application'

Does anyone have any insight as to how accurate this information is likely to be?, How much access to FO information do the live agents have?
Those are generic evasive responses the agent provided you with.

The service request can help bring the case back to the attention of the IO assigned to it, assuming it fell through the cracks/or they lost sight of it.

A couple of questions for you though that may help shed some light on the delay you're experiencing:
1. Which country are you chargeable to?
2. Your CN became current in February, why did you wait until July to file for AOS?
Thank you for your answer. I am from Iran, and I guess that is the reason why we experience such long waits. Actually, my wife (F2) was outside the US and entered the US in February. So we waited 90 days before filing an AOS.

Thank you for your answer. I am from Iran, and I guess that is the reason why we experience such long waits. Actually, my wife (F2) was outside the US and entered the US in February. So we waited 90 days before filing an AOS.
Oh! that explains the delay - your background check. And you basically wasted some precious time with the 90 day wait considering your chargeability country. Well, keep you fingers crossed and hope you guys successfully complete the process.

Hi all, I am waiting for an Interview Letter from the Los Angeles Field Office. Like everyone, I'm getting nervous as the deadline approaches. My case was submitted July 1, fingerprints taken July 22. I want to start taking any action I can to try and get an interview.

I am going to try and contact USCIS and see if they would be willing to expedite my request and contact my congressman to try and help me get an interview

My questions are

1. Should I do one of these first, or can I do both at the same time?
2. Can I ask USCIS to expedite just based on the fact time is running out, or do I need to show proof of financial loss or something else?
3. Is there any chance applying to USCIS to expedite my interview could delay the processing of my case?
3. Is there anything else I can/should be doing now?

Hi all, I am waiting for an Interview Letter from the Los Angeles Field Office. Like everyone, I'm getting nervous as the deadline approaches. My case was submitted July 1, fingerprints taken July 22. I want to start taking any action I can to try and get an interview.

I am going to try and contact USCIS and see if they would be willing to expedite my request and contact my congressman to try and help me get an interview

My questions are

1. Should I do one of these first, or can I do both at the same time?
2. Can I ask USCIS to expedite just based on the fact time is running out, or do I need to show proof of financial loss or something else?
3. Is there any chance applying to USCIS to expedite my interview could delay the processing of my case?
3. Is there anything else I can/should be doing now?
At this point, just follow your instincts. Considering your FO is familiar with DV cases, but you have concern with either visas running out or the FY ending approaching, you should do whatever you're able to do which you feel can help put your mind at rest at this point.

Thank you for your response, Sm1smom. Today, the status of our cases changed to "Case Was Transferred And A New Office Has Jurisdiction". We have to wait to receive the notice, but I hope this is a good sign!

@Sm1smom, We received the Transfer Notice letters stating that our applications were transferred to National Benefits Center on July 29. Today, I asked Emma live agent about the status of our applications, and I was told the Memphis Field Office is processing our cases. However, we live in New York and our field office should be in New York. If they have provided the correct information, I'd like to ask if it is possible for the application to be transferred to a Filed Office in a different state or if this is just another mistake transfer that I should deal with! Thank you for your help.

At this point, just follow your instincts. Considering your FO is familiar with DV cases, but you have concern with either visas running out or the FY ending approaching, you should do whatever you're able to do which you feel can help put your mind at rest at this point.
Thank you!