• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I contacted a live agent via EMMA and confirmed that my BIO Appointment is scheduled for 8/16 (USCIS Varick St NYC location).

I asked if the Varick St location might accept walk-ins for BIO appointments before the scheduled date if they were not busy, and was told that they do not. I checked the AOS spreadsheet and it looks like nobody adjusting status in NYC has listed an early walk-in date either. Curious to know if there are any New Yorkers out there who attempted an early BIO walk-in and were rejected?
Hi @CYNBLJ. I was just wondering if you tried a walk-in at Varick St NYC location?

Hi Mom. I wonder does being listed DQ or not DQ matter for my choice to switch from CP to AoS now?
I'm not DQ in CP but I'm plaintiff in an ongoing lawsuit, and think of switching to AoS now.
If one is DQ and their case file has already been sent to their applicable US home embassy, KCC no longer has any role to play in such a case. The applicant will need to directly contact the embassy to get that case file transferred back to the US before their AOS application can be approved. I did explain that to you in a previous post here.

You have to continue to inform USCIS of address changes until you become a citizen.

Purpose:

The primary purpose for providing the requested information on this form is to report a change of address. Except for those exempted, all aliens in the U.S. are required to report any change of address or new address. DHS uses the information you provide to contact you about the immigration benefit you are seeking.

Disclosure:

The information you provide is mandatory. Failure to report a change of address may result in a fine, imprisonment and/or removal, as well as jeopardize your ability to obtain a future visa or other immigration benefits.

GC holders are permanent residents not aliens

Hi mom. My FO is Newark, NJ, and there are 4 different ASCs that service NJ, two in NJ, one in PA, and another in NY. Can I try a walk-in PA or NY?

Last edited:
Hello All, While I was waiting for interview to be scheduled my status suddenly changed to this:
July 23, 2021 Case Was Approved
July 22, 2021 We ordered your new card.

Is this a mistake or it is really happening? :oops:
I am aware that they have been waving the interview for family based and employment based GC applications but never heard of this happening to DV based application
Congrats, seem your application prepared very well. Just wait for your card. I got my interview same day call.

GC holders are permanent residents not aliens

That's not true, GC holders are aliens.

See here, for example:

For purposes of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA), any person who is not a citizen or a national of the United States. There are different categories of aliens: resident and nonresident, immigrant and nonimmigrant, asylee and refugee, documented and undocumented ("illegal").

It's been 2 weeks since my payment was cashed but my NOA still hasn't arrived. My lawyer got the copy on the 19th of this month but I haven't got it yet on my mail box. Should I be worried about it?

Can someone please explain why I might not have received the NOA yet?

Thankyou.

It's been 2 weeks since my payment was cashed but my NOA still hasn't arrived. My lawyer got the copy on the 19th of this month but I haven't got it yet on my mail box. Should I be worried about it?

Thankyou.
If your Lawyer got it it is nothing serious. You might have put ur lawyer address on form G1145 or secure address. there are couple of people whose GC was sent to their Lawyer. It is nothing to be worried about.

Anyone else from Los Angeles on here? I can't seem to find anyone who's had his/her interview yet at the LA FO on the spreadsheet. I am still waiting to receive my interview letter (NOA June 29, Bio waived 2 weeks ago). Thanks!

If your Lawyer got it it is nothing serious. You might have put ur lawyer address on form G1145 or secure address. there are couple of people whose GC was sent to their Lawyer. It is nothing to be worried about.
So, does that mean My bio and IL will also be sent to my lawyer's address?

Anyone else from Los Angeles on here? I can't seem to find anyone who's had his/her interview yet at the LA FO on the spreadsheet. I am still waiting to receive my interview letter (NOA June 29, Bio waived 2 weeks ago). Thanks!
Yup I’m from L.A. waiting for my bio letter!
I got my NOA in good time though, so hoping this is moving well.

Hey mom! Today I contacted a uscis representative through Emma to ask if my case was sent to FO, and this is what she told me.

What should I do in this situation?

Hey @Blade_ , can you please tell me how did you get to know that your case file was placed under different category?

I had a chat with Emma today and the representative told me that my case was well within time and it normally takes 17 months for such case to complete, but she said that she wasn't able to provide the info on which category my case was plase under due to privacy policy.

So, what do you think I should do now? Any suggestions?

(I have submitted an expedite request)

Hi Sara from the spreadsheet. I didn’t find you by that name. Looks like our field office is same- Atlanta. From the spreadsheet, I noticed you don’t have any update on your case since 6/14/21. I was just wondering if you have any progress on your case. Could you please comment here?

Thankyou.
Wasn't this explained to your last week? Take a look at the responses we already provided you with, here's one of them. You may or may not get a copy. And if you're so worried, have your lawyer send you a copy of the NOA they got, it really is as simple as that! For reasons best known to you, you decided to hire a lawyer for something most selectees do on their own without a lawyer, and you're now worrying yourself to death, as against engaging with the lawyer you hired.