• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello everyone, Quick question; Im moving out of my place after i get my GC. Do i still have to let USCIS abt my new address or it wouldn’t matter by then?

it wouldn’t matter… USCIS doesn’t need your new address after receiving your GC. They have nothing to send to you.

Hello everyone, Quick question; Im moving out of my place after i get my GC. Do i still have to let USCIS abt my new address or it wouldn’t matter by then?
You have to continue to inform USCIS of address changes until you become a citizen.

Purpose:

The primary purpose for providing the requested information on this form is to report a change of address. Except for those exempted, all aliens in the U.S. are required to report any change of address or new address. DHS uses the information you provide to contact you about the immigration benefit you are seeking.

Disclosure:

The information you provide is mandatory. Failure to report a change of address may result in a fine, imprisonment and/or removal, as well as jeopardize your ability to obtain a future visa or other immigration benefits.

You have to continue to inform USCIS of address changes until you become a citizen.

Purpose:

The primary purpose for providing the requested information on this form is to report a change of address. Except for those exempted, all aliens in the U.S. are required to report any change of address or new address. DHS uses the information you provide to contact you about the immigration benefit you are seeking.

Disclosure:

The information you provide is mandatory. Failure to report a change of address may result in a fine, imprisonment and/or removal, as well as jeopardize your ability to obtain a future visa or other immigration benefits.
Thank u lots i didnt know that

got my bio letter today for SF - letter dated for 7/17 with bio for 8/10. Updated the sheet also for this.

Is there a list of all the ASCs which have successfully allowed walkins over the last 3 months for DV2021 candidates? I am open to doing a walkin anywhere in the US just to keep everything ready on my side.
In the same situation. Got the letters today for the bio that’s close to your date.
will keep you updated on the SF location walk-in situation as we try to do so next week.

Hi Mom,

So I changed my address and got a call from Tier 2 and she changed it on her end too. She told me that it is necessary to get the bio appointment this way. Now, I still have 2 weeks left of my current lease (3 weeks till the new tenet show up and change the name on the mail box to her name). Since, I have an informed delivery set up on my previous address till next 3 weeks, I still haven't changed my address in my USPS account to the current address just in case if IL/Bio letters go to my old address. Do you think I should change the address on my USPS account as well? Sorry it might be an annoying question but all I am thinking these days is that my letters could go to the new address and USPS might see on their portal that this address is not listed under my name and send back the mail to USCIS. The new mailing box is different than my old place though and it's not a USPS mail box with our names inside it (Just a typical mailbox for a townhouse).

P.S. My experience of speaking to Tier 2 agent: First she called and told me my case is pending and I should give it time and there's nothing she could do to expedite my case. Although I explained to her that my case is time sensitive and is under DV category, but she was still indicating that nothing can be done and I need to relax (She was a kind agent and carefully listening to me). I said thank you and hung up and after about 15 minutes I received another call from her. She said that she spoke with her supervisor and since you have the deadline of September 30th, I'm going to put a service request on your behalf and inform ASC and FO about your concern. In overall, she was caring and tried her best to help me with my case!
I suppose you can hold off on initiating a change of address with USSP since your old address is still under your name and there’s no requirement for occupant’s name to be listed on the mailbox at your new address.

Hello All, While I was waiting for interview to be scheduled my status suddenly changed to this:
July 23, 2021 Case Was Approved
July 22, 2021 We ordered your new card.

Is this a mistake or it is really happening? :oops:
I am aware that they have been waving the interview for family based and employment based GC applications but never heard of this happening to DV based application

Hello All, While I was waiting for interview to be scheduled my status suddenly changed to this:

I am aware that they have been waving the interview for family based and employment based GC applications but never heard of this happening to DV based application
Yes, it has happened for a number of DV applicants! Congrats! (You can give mom a special thanks for the spreadsheet tips helping you on front-loading your package and in turn allowing this to happen :) )

Hey bro!
No mistake; haha
Your interview is most probably waived!
Congrats Nima jan; enjoy your new status :)

Oh wow! Congratulations! :)

Congratulations!!

In the same situation. Got the letters today for the bio that’s close to your date.
will keep you updated on the SF location walk-in situation as we try to do so next week.
@Ybuster - looking at the Google reviews for the location, it seems like they dont encourage walkins for the last few months, but used to allow it earlier, so hopefully something has changed recently. Good luck with your walkin attempt and please let us know how it goes.

@Ybuster - looking at the Google reviews for the location, it seems like they dont encourage walkins for the last few months, but used to allow it earlier, so hopefully something has changed recently. Good luck with your walkin attempt and please let us know how it goes.
There is something that has changed recently in general - uscis has dropped the sentence on its website that said no walk-ins were being allowed due to Covid. So I wouldn’t drive an hour to an ASC in the hope I could walk in, but if it wasn’t too far out my way I’d certainly try.

To do CP you would need your ds260 submitted and processed by kcc, as well as having your civil documents submitted and approved - you would not be scheduled for an interview before all that. Bear in mind that typically all this needs to be done (process completed by kcc) about 2 months before you can interview given how the schedule process works. So CP is not something you can just switch to at the last minute.
Also note that you would need to still pay another $330 at an embassy if you change to CP afted submitting the DV payment in the US for AOS.
Thanks Susie for the explanation!
But I am a little confused now.

I have submitted my DS-260 application long time ago.

In case I pay the 330$ for AoS and when I receive the receipt, wouldn’t it mean that KCC will transfer my case to USCIS? So how do I go back to KCC again? What do I do?

In case I pay the 330$ for AoS and when I receive the receipt, wouldn’t it mean that KCC will transfer my case to USCIS? So how do I go back to KCC again? What do I do?
KCC will send your file to USCIS if you decide to do AOS. At this point in the FY, if you choose to process AOS, I am pretty sure you won't have time to switch to CP before the deadline. I understand what you are trying to do, but it is not going to work. I think you need to pick an option and hope for the best.

Congratulations!!

I answered without realizing from the way you had phrased that original post, that you had already submitted DS260, and actually i didn’t even realize at first you were DV21 because it’s a crazy question to ask at this stage. It’s almost August. You don’t have time to go back and forth now. Make a decision and stick to it.

And by the way, merely making the DV administrative fee payment doesn’t automatically mean KCC is now aware you’re switching from CP to AOS. You still need to email KCC and inform them you are switching from CP to AOS if that is still your plan, otherwise they will continue processing your file as CP. And once your case file gets sent to your home embassy, you will have to work with the embassy to get the case file sent back to the FO with jurisdiction over your AOS application, without that case file, your AOS application cannot be approved.

Hey @nimaaghli! Congratulations!
May I know if your biometric was done or not and which FO were you assigned to?

And also when did you send you package?

Thankyou.

Thank you Jesus..wow.. Congratulations.