• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Oh right …I just looked at the history, came in recently, asked about expediting and now wants to keep this in mind. Hmm. I am pretty sure applying for AOS takes you out the running for the CP relief regardless whether you change the DS260 considering KCC has to be aware you are processing AOS in order to do AOS.
Yup!

I hope everyone is having a restful weekend!

Updates: Last week, I initiated a tier 2 callback (3 days) to get the AOS category issue immediately fixed. I never received the call. Today I received my bio letter. It was dated for the day after I requested the tier 2. IMO, tier 2 reviewed my case and scheduled the appointment.
Hello
So happy for you , good news to start your weekend...

Hi All,

I received a mail from field office. Instead of "initial interview" it says "Please come to the office shown below....". It has mentioned office location, date and time, Officer's name and as reason for appointment I-485. In the corner in very small letters can see form G-56.
Is this a matter to worry about and how to process with this?

Hi All,

I received a mail from field office. Instead of "initial interview" it says "Please come to the office shown below....". It has mentioned office location, date and time, Officer's name and as reason for appointment I-485. In the corner in very small letters can see form G-56.
Is this a matter to worry about and how to process with this?
The IL doesn’t necessarily have to say “initial interview”, in fact most do not say that. What you received is your IL.

Hello everyone. I am new here but I see that this community has helped one another a lot. I hope I found you earlier. I have a quick inquiry. My DV2021 was approved last week for myself, my wife, and minor dependent daughter (under 14). The case tracker shows that all three applications were approved. I received the approval notice by mail today for us all. However, yesterday I found another update that says 'a card was mailed to you' for me and my wife only. My daughter’s case is still ‘approved’. Does anyone know what that means? Thank you

Hello everyone. I am new here but I see that this community has helped one another a lot. I hope I found you earlier. I have a quick inquiry. My DV2021 was approved last week for myself, my wife, and minor dependent daughter (under 14). The case tracker shows that all three applications were approved. I received the approval notice by mail today for us all. However, yesterday I found another update that says 'a card was mailed to you' for me and my wife only. My daughter’s case is still ‘approved’. Does anyone know what that means? Thank you
Did you and your wife apply for the EAD card? If you did, that may be the update regarding the mailed card. If you didn’t, the update is about your GC. Your daughter’s should show up soon also.

Congratulations could we know your field office and timeline process...

Congratulations could we know your field office and timeline process...
Lawrence, MA
Sent packages 2/9
Case received 3/18
Fingerprint App 5/15
Interview Notice 6/4
Interview 7/1
Approval 7/21
Approval notice received today 7/24
Card mailed 7/23

HOWEVER, I am nervous my daughter’s case did not change from approved to card production like myself and my wife.

Lawrence, MA
Sent packages 2/9
Case received 3/18
Fingerprint App 5/15
Interview Notice 6/4
Interview 7/1
Approval 7/21
Approval notice received today 7/24
Card mailed 7/23

HOWEVER, I am nervous my daughter’s case did not change from approved to card production like myself and my wife.
Already told you her GC will equally show up, even if her online status doesn’t get updated to reflect CPO or card mailed. You’re getting worried over nothing, you already have her approval notice to start with.

Already told you her GC will equally show up, even if her online status doesn’t get updated to reflect CPO or card mailed. You’re getting worried over nothing, you already have her approval notice to start with.
This is a relief. I am glad that I came here to ask.

got my bio letter today for SF - letter dated for 7/17 with bio for 8/10. Updated the sheet also for this.

Is there a list of all the ASCs which have successfully allowed walkins over the last 3 months for DV2021 candidates? I am open to doing a walkin anywhere in the US just to keep everything ready on my side.

got my bio letter today for SF - letter dated for 7/17 with bio for 8/10. Updated the sheet also for this.

Is there a list of all the ASCs which have successfully allowed walkins over the last 3 months for DV2021 candidates? I am open to doing a walkin anywhere in the US just to keep everything ready on my side.
Can you walk in at any ASC for bio?

Hi Mom,

So I changed my address and got a call from Tier 2 and she changed it on her end too. She told me that it is necessary to get the bio appointment this way. Now, I still have 2 weeks left of my current lease (3 weeks till the new tenet show up and change the name on the mail box to her name). Since, I have an informed delivery set up on my previous address till next 3 weeks, I still haven't changed my address in my USPS account to the current address just in case if IL/Bio letters go to my old address. Do you think I should change the address on my USPS account as well? Sorry it might be an annoying question but all I am thinking these days is that my letters could go to the new address and USPS might see on their portal that this address is not listed under my name and send back the mail to USCIS. The new mailing box is different than my old place though and it's not a USPS mail box with our names inside it (Just a typical mailbox for a townhouse).

P.S. My experience of speaking to Tier 2 agent: First she called and told me my case is pending and I should give it time and there's nothing she could do to expedite my case. Although I explained to her that my case is time sensitive and is under DV category, but she was still indicating that nothing can be done and I need to relax (She was a kind agent and carefully listening to me). I said thank you and hung up and after about 15 minutes I received another call from her. She said that she spoke with her supervisor and since you have the deadline of September 30th, I'm going to put a service request on your behalf and inform ASC and FO about your concern. In overall, she was caring and tried her best to help me with my case!

Hello everyone, Quick question; Im moving out of my place after i get my GC. Do i still have to let USCIS abt my new address or it wouldn’t matter by then?