• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

The closest one is in SF. But we could travel to Oakland or basically anywhere within the Bay Area where a place accepts a walk-in!
Still waiting for a bio. letter (NOA dated 6/23 and received 6/28, tier 1 just copy-pasted a standard "we're busy 'cos of COVID" message), but planning to attempt a walk-in at San Jose the moment I have one. Seems like folk have been successful there in previous years.

Hi,

I just had my interview today and would like to share my experience. Listed below is my timeline (will update in the spreadsheet later.) and my story. It is a bit long. But hopefully it'll be useful to some of you. Thanks.

DV2021 AS 118XX - Current in May - Early filing

AOS Fee Mailed 03/13/21
AOS Fee delivered 03/07/21
AOS Fee cashed 03/19/21
AOS Receipt 04/12/21
AOS Package Delivered 04/15/21
Acceptance Email/Text 05/12/21
Case Delivered to FO 05/24/21 (According to Online Tier 1 Agent)
Interview NOA 06/18/21
Interview Date 07/16/21
Biometrics Letter N/A (Taken on the date of interview, was scheduled on 08/09/21)

After I received the NOA, my online status has been showing Fingerprint Fee Was Received. My USCIS online account shows 'invalid date.' After about a month, I called USCIS and they told me my case is sent to Cleveland FO( I did list Cleveland as my mailing address). But my physical address is Columbus, OH. Waited couple of weeks, I still didn't any status update so I reached out to online chat tier 1 agent. She asked me to wait, so I requested to talk to tier 2 agent and they told me it'll take 14 days. I didn't receive any phone call after 14 days so I reached out to tier 1 agent again and was told it is now 21 days. Couple of days later, I received IL. I received a phone call from tier 2 agent on the 21 days(I think it is July 1st). He told me that there's nothing he can do and my bio is being scheduled. Once it is scheduled, I will received a mail despite I told him that it is time-sensitive case.

Since I had never received Bio appointment letter, I was worried that my case will be delayed. I talked to EMMA several times and they all told me to wait and disconnected. They won't even listen to what I said about Diversity Visa at all. So, I reached out to the Congresswoman. They are very efficient and got back to me immediately. But it took 2 weeks and a follow-up email to hear back from Cleveland FO. They basically told the Congresswoman that I have to wait or I can try to ask IO about Bio during/after the interview. So, that didn't help.

Today, I went to my interview. Arrived 25 mins early, there's no one in line to pass the security. It took like 3 mins to get to the Immigration Office. The minute I walked in, the front desk lady asked me if I have an appointment(which is odd because you can't get in w/o passing security). She asked for my interview letter. The minute she saw it, she handed me a piece of letter(ASC appointment letter, date:8/9/21) and asked me to go to next room to get my fingerprint. (Very surprised and thrilled at the same time)

Got to the fingerprint room, there was one gentleman getting his fingerprint. I didn't wait too long. It took me 5 mins and it was done. Back to the immigration office and sat there for about 10 mins. About 12:40, I got called in. The IO is very very nice. I took the oath and he asked me to sit down. Before we started, he told me that he saw my case this morning and found out that I haven't done my fingerprint yet, so he informed the front desk lady to send me over to get my fingerprint.

He asked for my ID and passport and confirming my identity and basic info. He started asking me those Yes/No questions. He reminded me to listen very carefully before answering any questions because it is being recorded. He, then, flipped through my paperwork and checked if there's anything missing. I did filled 2 questions wrong and he marked those. When he was going through my files, I saw the cover letter I attached to my AOS package so I guess it got to the IO. It lists all the attached document and I think it is very helpful. He didn't ask for any other documents from me. After all the questions, maybe 10 -15 questions, he told me my case looks good, but he can't approve my case now because of the fingerprint is not cleared yet.

He asked me if I have any questions. I asked him when the background check will be cleared. He said, the fingerprint result usually comes back fairly quick but it really depends on FBI. But it shouldn't take long. He didn't see any reason why my case will not be approved. He also told me if there's anything looks suspicious, he will definitely tell me. Then, I asked him will there be any problem i.e. my fingerprint don't work and have to retake it. He checked the computer and told me it looks fine to him and there's no reason it won't go through. I, then, asked him about my online status. It has been 'Fingerprint Fee Was Received'. He scanned my file barcode and saw the same thing. He assured me that my application looks fine and they're aware that DV is time-sensitive so they will process those cases first before the deadline. He gave me a letter and it says my case is under review.

I walked out the building at 12:55. The entire process is very quick and smooth. I checked my online status after the interview and still no update. But I was quite relived that it has been a long journey and I just did everything I can. Now just wait.

Again, I hope this is helpful and feel free to ask me any questions. Thanks and Good luck!
Wanted to give you all an update about my case. After the interview, my online case status still shows Fingerprint Fee was Received. I called USCIS trying to find out if my case status has changed. She was very nice( the best Tier 1 agent I have ever spoke to). She told me that my Bio has come back and now awaiting IO to approve my case. There is no need to worry. Today I checked my online status( just out of curiosity, not expecting any changes). Out of my surprise, it shows 'New Card is Being Produced.'. I was shocked and also relived that it actually changed. I thought it'll never change and I will just received my card in the mail. In any event, once again, I want to thank everyone here. This forum has helped me a lot and supported me during this long waiting game. Hope you all get your cases approved in the timely fashion. Good Luck!!

Will report/update my timeline once I received my card.

Wanted to give you all an update about my case. After the interview, my online case status still shows Fingerprint Fee was Received. I called USCIS trying to find out if my case status has changed. She was very nice( the best Tier 1 agent I have ever spoke to). She told me that my Bio has come back and now awaiting IO to approve my case. There is no need to worry. Today I checked my online status( just out of curiosity, not expecting any changes). Out of my surprise, it shows 'New Card is Being Produced.'. I was shocked and also relived that it actually changed. I thought it'll never change and I will just received my card in the mail. In any event, once again, I want to thank everyone here. This forum has helped me a lot and supported me during this long waiting game. Hope you all get your cases approved in the timely fashion. Good Luck!!

Congratulations

Our online accounts has just changed to "New Card Is Being Produced". Let me slowly digest this then I shall return to give details. A very BIG THANK YOU to Sm1smom for your patience & guidance through our AOS journey. And to the rest of the team, you're a great group of people!
Congratulations!

Congratulations!

Hello,
I was just asking about my upcoming biometrics to Emma and later she connected me to the USCIS agent in a live chat.
The agent told me that my bio has not been scheduled yet and surprisingly she asked me if she can get it expedited.
She submitted the request and provided me a referral ID and told me to follow my email for its decision.
I am just wondering if she was trying to help me or it's just a kind gesture.
Question 1: If the expedited request gets approved will I be benefited by any means?
Question 2: If the expedited request gets denied will it add some backlogs to my AOS?

My status: NOA received on JULY 7. (17 Days Ago)

Hello,
I was just asking about my upcoming biometrics to Emma and later she connected me to the USCIS agent in a live chat.
The agent told me that my bio has not been scheduled yet and surprisingly she asked me if she can get it expedited.
She submitted the request and provided me a referral ID and told me to follow my email for its decision.
I am just wondering if she was trying to help me or it's just a kind gesture.
Question 1: If the expedited request gets approved will I be benefited by any means?
Question 2: If the expedited request gets denied will it add some backlogs to my AOS?

My status: NOA received on JULY 7. (17 Days Ago)
1. It is supposed to get your case adjudicated faster, but faster with respect to an average AOS case (not just DV). So you might find an expedited DV case timeline not that different from another one that is not expedited.
2. No harm in rejection.

Hello,
I was a valid driver from 2016-2020. My Oklahoma licence got expired on COVID during 2020.
I don't have a car now and have not been driving since my DL got expired. Sold my car as well.
I could get a license from a nearby driving school and dps if it's important for the interview.
Question: Is a valid passport enough for the interview or I should also get a state driver liscence just to be on the safe side?

Hello,
I was a valid driver from 2016-2020. My Oklahoma licence got expired on COVID during 2020.
I don't have a car now and have not been driving since my DL got expired. Sold my car as well.
I could get a license from a nearby driving school and dps if it's important for the interview.
Question: Is a valid passport enough for the interview or I should also get a state driver liscence just to be on the safe side?
I only need the passport and the invitation letter

Hi everyone!
I’m a DV-2021 selectee.
Can anyone help me with the following:

If I send the $330 for AOS but I don't touch the DS260, will it let my case proceed later with CP if needed. Would it be possible to correct the CP aspect of the case later in case I don’t manage to get an interview in the AoS by Sep 30?

thanks,
Ana

Hi everyone!
I’m a DV-2021 selectee.

If I send the $330 for AOS but I don't touch the DS260, will it let my case proceed later with CP if needed. Would it be possible to correct the CP aspect of the case later in case I don’t manage to get an interview in the AoS by Sep 30?

thanks,
Ana
To do CP you would need your ds260 submitted and processed by kcc, as well as having your civil documents submitted and approved - you would not be scheduled for an interview before all that. Bear in mind that typically all this needs to be done (process completed by kcc) about 2 months before you can interview given how the schedule process works. So CP is not something you can just switch to at the last minute.
Also note that you would need to still pay another $330 at an embassy if you change to CP afted submitting the DV payment in the US for AOS.

Hi everyone!
I’m a DV-2021 selectee.

thanks,
Ana
Based on people experience here and how fast it is starting to go, I would advise you to do all here if all is okay to do here. You do not have that much time left. Next week is technically august, so u will have less than 2 months.

To do CP you would need your ds260 submitted and processed by kcc, as well as having your civil documents submitted and approved - you would not be scheduled for an interview before all that. Bear in mind that typically all this needs to be done (process completed by kcc) about 2 months before you can interview given how the schedule process works. So CP is not something you can just switch to at the last minute.
Also note that you would need to still pay another $330 at an embassy if you change to CP afted submitting the DV payment in the US for AOS.
Oh wait - I somehow missed the dv21 bit. No way you’ll have time to do CP now.

Oh wait - I somehow missed the dv21 bit. No way you’ll have time to do CP now.
I think OP is trying to edge their bet - a case of eat your cake and still have it. OP recently came into the US on a visitor’s visa to file AOS.
So I read their original question/post to be about not changing the already submitted DS260 (with CP already selected) to now reflect AOS, to enable them benefit from the potential relief CPers could get from court rulings after Sept. 30th if the AOS doesn’t get adjudication by the end of the FY.

I think OP is trying to edge their bet - a case of eat your cake and still have it. OP recently came into the US on a visitor’s visa to file AOS.
So I read their original question/post to be about not changing the already submitted DS260 (with CP already selected) to now reflect AOS, to enable them benefit from the potential relief CPers could get from court rulings after Sept. 30th if the AOS doesn’t get adjudication by the end of the FY.
Oh right …I just looked at the history, came in recently, asked about expediting and now wants to keep this in mind. Hmm. I am pretty sure applying for AOS takes you out the running for the CP relief regardless whether you change the DS260 considering KCC has to be aware you are processing AOS in order to do AOS.