• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Yesterday, I got a call from the Field office saying that I have an interview on the same day. It was shocking I did not expect the interview because did not receive a notice. Inrush got all my documents and went for the interview not prepared. The officer explained that I did not receive the notice because wrong address from their side. The interview went smoothly for about 20 to 30 minutes. The officer said your case looks good. He said I will receive the card in ten days. I did not ask about the approval or security check results. I did my bio (10 days before the interview) on July 12. Surprisingly, few days before the interview I called the live agent asking if my interview was scheduled but they said no!! And my case Was a Finger fee received. The officer said that because this is a sensitive case does not show in the system.
Same day, my case was updated from "Finger fee received" to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed". Does it mean my case was approved? Did I pass the background check?
Glad the IO was finally able to reach you and you were able to attend the interview. The update does not mean you case has been approved, it simply means you’ve completed the interview. It is also not an indication of your background check status, that is something you had an opportunity to follow up on with the IO but didn’t. So for now, you just have to wait and see.

Hi everyone

i missed my bio appointement by 1 month and 20 days, when I tried to “walk in” at 2 different ASC they both said the barcode wasn’t valid anymore. Should I try a third ASC or not? How can the barcode not be existing anymore?
Mom and Susie your answers will be highly appreciated.

thanks for the answers
If you miss it without rescheduling they usually consider the case abandoned, which could be why the bar code is no longer valid.

(My old bio notice had this at the top: IF YOU FAIL TO APPEAR AS SCHEDULED BELOW OR FAIL TO REQUEST RESCHEDULING, YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED ABANDONED. Does yours have this ?)

Hi everyone

i missed my bio appointement by 1 month and 20 days, when I tried to “walk in” at 2 different ASC they both said the barcode wasn’t valid anymore. Should I try a third ASC or not? How can the barcode not be existing anymore?
Mom and Susie your answers will be highly appreciated.

thanks for the answers
You will continue to get the same response regardless of how many number of ASCs you visit. Your application as already been listed as abandoned due to your failure to show up for your bio appointment like I told you last week. Your re-entry permit application is dead as is, (unless of course you get re-issued with a new bio notice since you stated a tier 2 agent was supposed to get in touch with you), you might as well re-start the process if you still need it.

But mom, I talked with the Tier 2 agent 3 days ago and she said that I’m on the queue to be rescheduled, I even received an email saying that I’m back on the scheduling queue.
And why is my re entry permit application dead?

Same here - it went from "card being produced" to "case approved". I am sorry to bother you - how can I add my timeline to the spreadsheet ? :) that's the least I can do to thank you for the help along the process, this forum was a goldmine of information!
Congratulations again. You can send access request directly from the spreadsheet or send me a PM with your email address.

But mom, I talked with the Tier 2 agent 3 days ago and she said that I’m on the queue to be rescheduled, I even received an email saying that I’m back on the scheduling queue.
Because in general, failure to show up for an interview or appointment without informing USCIS and requesting an appointment reschedule before the appointment date leads to the application being considered as abandoned, an abandoned application is a “dead application” hence my statement. However, you should also notice the qualifier I added to my post as in “(unless of course you get re-issued with a new bio notice since you stated a tier 2 agent was supposed to get in touch with you)”. So if you actually get a new bio notice, then your application is indeed not “dead”.

Wow, my case just updated to: Case Was Approved
Does it mean I will get my green card or still need another process? Did I pass the background check as well?
Congratulations, I have a question what is difference between status case was approved and card being produced ? or in other words which comes first or both have the same meaning and IO selects any one of them as an approval message

I dont know what is the difference between status case was approved and card being produced ? My status show Case was approved. I never receive a notice of card being produced

If you get a new notice it will have a new bar code.

I dont know what is the difference between status case was approved and card being produced ? My status show Case was approved. I never receive a notice of card being produced
no problem , enjoy the happiness of finishing your trip, and I am sure within 7-10 days, you will get your green card

Hi everyone,

I have already requested for a tier 2 callback regarding my biometrics appointment last friday. Would there be a problem if I ask Emma whether my biometrics had been scheduled? Do they reply to us if we already have asked for a callback?

Thanks.

Hi everyone,

I have already requested for a tier 2 callback regarding my biometrics appointment last friday. Would there be a problem if I ask Emma whether my biometrics had been scheduled? Do they reply to us if we already have asked for a callback?

Thanks.
Yes I did that. I have chatted with EMMA and asked for a live agent. Then she connected the chat to a live agent who gave info about my unscheduled appoinments:). ( Live agent asked for my full name, DOB, address to confirm identity) I chatted while I am waiting for a call from tier 2 agent.

Last edited:
Yes I did that. I have chatted with EMMA and asked for a live agent. Then she connected the chat to a live agent who gave info about my unscheduled appoinments:). ( Live agent asked for my full name, DOB, address to confirm identity) I chatted while I am waiting for a call from tier 2 agent.
Thank you :)

Hi, everybody. Congratulations to everyone who has attended to interview and got positive results. My question is for all candidates who has already finished interviews but still they need to finish biometric too. I just wanted to in which case they reuse your fingerprint? When you gave your biometric last time and still they ask you biometric to done? Or who has already waived biometric when did you give your biometric last time since you are in US. In which case they reuse your biometric?