• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi all, I hope all of you are having a terrific Sunday :)

I sent my AOS application to USCIS and received my NOA letter on 06/15/2021. I am currently waiting for my bio interview date. The field office responsible for my application is Boston FO. On the timeline spreadsheet, I realized that three applicants from MA state (@omgastro, @Swc, @msypan) who filed at the same time as me received their bio and interview dates. I have already got in touch with a Tier 1 officer through Emma, and the office told me that my bio date hadn't been scheduled yet. I am wondering what could be the reason for this discrepancy.

Should I get in touch with a Tier 2 officer to get more detailed information? Should I also consider contacting MA senators' office to expedite the process?

Thanks!

I sent my AOS application to USCIS and received my NOA letter on 06/15/2021. I am currently waiting for my bio interview date. The field office responsible for my application is Boston FO. On the timeline spreadsheet, I realized that three applicants from MA state (@omgastro, @Swc, @msypan) who filed at the same time as me received their bio and interview dates. I have already got in touch with a Tier 1 officer through Emma, and the office told me that my bio date hadn't been scheduled yet. I am wondering what could be the reason for this discrepancy.

Should I get in touch with a Tier 2 officer to get more detailed information? Should I also consider contacting MA senators' office to expedite the process?

Thanks!
You can follow up with a tier 2; If nothing happened, then consider a congressional inquiry. Emphasis the urgency of the case to tier 1.

Last edited:
What is the case status notification that comes up online after the NOA is received? Does it still remain at “fingerprint fee received…etc.” even if they’ve already mailed your bio letter? Or does it change to bio letter mailed ?

Thanks!
That was my FO as well. It is not a discrepancy you need to worry about too much in the sense that they have not forgotten about your case or anything like that. If you look at my timeline and @bbs01 's they are exactly the same and yet our cases took much longer to be approved than the two people whose cases were also at the same FO before us. They simply don't follow a specific rule or pattern with DV cases.

Try to convince a tier 1 agent to place an inquiry with the FO on your behalf.

Thanks!
I tend to think that it depends on when FO receives your file from NBC. someone in my FO has completed their interview and their NOA is two weeks after mine. However my case was just forwarded to FO on 6/28 while theirs back in May. Every case is unique.

form the others experience, approximately how many days after that FO receive the case they schedule an interview?

Hi everyone,
I have a quick question- is it too late to change from CP to AOS? Planning to do it in New Orleans.
I would appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thanks

Hi everyone,
I have a quick question- is it too late to change from CP to AOS? Planning to do it in New Orleans.
It's not too late to complete the AOS process. KCC is taking a long time to reply to emails so it might take a while to hear back from them after you inform them of your decision to switch.

Hi everyone,
It depends.
1. Are you currently in the US? If yes, what visa status are you on?
2. Have you been listed as DQ for CP?

Hi everyone,
If you do it, my FO is NoLA too. Would your ASC be that one as well or Jackson or Baton Rouge?

I answered without realizing from the way you had phrased that original post, that you had already submitted DS260, and actually i didn’t even realize at first you were DV21 because it’s a crazy question to ask at this stage. It’s almost August. You don’t have time to go back and forth now. Make a decision and stick to it.
Thank you Susie! Your feedback is really helpful! Could you also help to clarify the following 3 questions:

1. Considering my tight timeline, if I have my AoS package ready this week and send the 330$ fee to DOS tomorrow, should I send my AoS package without the receipt since I'm short of time, or do you think it will be risky, and I better wait for the receipt, then send the package with the receipt?

2. As soon as my package is sent and the fee payment is made, you mentioned that I need to let KCC know that I want to proceed with AoS, how should I do that? Should I ask that by email, or should I request KCC to unlock my DS-260 and change the interview location to USCIS?

3. After sending my AoS package, If I don't immediately let KCC know that I want to switch to AoS, will that make my AoS application not progress, until I let them know? To what extent would my AoS application progress without me notifying KCC that I want to switch to AoS? Basically what I mean, is that when I send my package for AoS, how long can I wait before actually having to notify KCC that I want to switch to AoS, so meanwhile I'll be a part of CP and see if my visa actually gets processed or whether we get a relief from the court?

Thanks.

Last edited:
I noticed on the spreadsheet that, out of the DV2021 applicants in Seattle, 4 out of 5 of us are doing our biometrics on July 26th.

@ysss, @Rudolf19, and @DV21AS21***: best of luck tomorrow. Feel free to say hi in-person if you recognize me :)

Hi Ollie and other friends best of luck for tomorrow. I will be the 5th one next week. Please do not forget to ask interview tomorrow to the officers. I am so excited for you for tomorrow.

Thank you Susie! Your feedback is really helpful! Could you also help to clarify the following 3 questions:

1. Considering my tight timeline, if I have my AoS package ready this week and send the 330$ fee to DOS tomorrow, should I send my AoS package without the receipt since I'm short of time, or do you think it will be risky, and I better wait for the receipt, then send the package with the receipt?

2. As soon as my package is sent and the fee payment is made, you mentioned that I need to let KCC know that I want to proceed with AoS, how should I do that? Should I ask that by email, or should I request KCC to unlock my DS-260 and change the interview location to USCIS?

3. After sending my AoS package, If I don't immediately let KCC know that I want to switch to AoS, will that make my AoS application not progress, until I let them know? To what extent would my AoS application progress without me notifying KCC that I want to switch to AoS? Basically what I mean, is that when I send my package for AoS, how long can I wait before actually having to notify KCC that I want to switch to AoS, so meanwhile I'll be a part of CP and see if my visa actually gets processed or whether we get a relief from the court?

Thanks.
1. This has been extensively discussed in the forum and is discussed in the spreadsheet too
2. See above
You really need to spend some time going over the spreadsheet to understand the AOS process. That’s what it’s there for.

3. You cannot have your cake and eat it, choose a path and go with that.

It depends.
1. Are you currently in the US? If yes, what visa status are you on?
2. Have you been listed as DQ for CP?
Hi Mom. I wonder does being listed DQ or not DQ matter for my choice to switch from CP to AoS now?
I'm not DQ in CP but I'm plaintiff in an ongoing lawsuit, and think of switching to AoS now.