• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

No, that announcement does not affect AOS processing in any way. Only people who are processing CP have to take that into consideration. Also, when Susie said "there is almost no chance," I don't think it was about chances to be approved for a GC as I believe you understood that comment. I think it was about the chances of being approved for work/travel documents before the end of the FY. Those documents are useless once you get a green card and the processing times of the forms required to obtain them are longer than what it usually takes for a DV applicant to get through the process.

Susie will correct me if I misunderstood that comment as well.
Thank you!

Please read answers in the context of the questions they are responding to. The poster was asking about applying for a work permit (EAD).

The announcement about visa prioritization at embassies by DOS has no impact on those processing AOS through USCIS.
Thank you!

Hi, for the AOS packet, do I need only 1 G-1145 to get communication for all applicants? In that case, do I have to have the primary applicant's name on the form or could it be anyone?

Thank you.

My understanding is no, once your i94 has expired that although you are in authorized stay as AOS pending you don’t have a legal status from which to file another AOS application. You would need to file the second AOS application before the status from the i94 expires (I am assuming that you will have correctly maintained H1B status as this is required too, not just an unexpired i94).

(Although this goes beyond the scope of this DV forum: you are presumably aware both of the processing times for employment based AOS as well as AP/EAD filing)
You’re allowed to “stay” up to 60 days following H1B status expiration (60 days grace period), you’re however not eligible to file AOS as at that point as you’ll no longer have a valid status to adjust from.

Thank you both for your answers and confirming my understanding. I appreciate your help.

I believe I'll have a valid H1B status as my max-out date is in December, but I don't see a way of renewing the I94.

Thank you both for your answers and confirming my understanding. I appreciate your help.

I believe I'll have a valid H1B status as my max-out date is in December, but I don't see a way of renewing the I94.
Your i94 determines your status. I don’t really know what the significance of the max out date is tbh but be careful not to confuse being in status with being in an out of status but authorized stay period (such as grace period, adjustment pending, etc). You need to be in status to apply to adjust status.

Hi, for the AOS packet, do I need only 1 G-1145 to get communication for all applicants? In that case, do I have to have the primary applicant's name on the form or could it be anyone?

Thank you.
Take a look at the AOS Package tab of the AOS process spreadsheet.

I decided to mail my package tomorrow. I'm still waiting for my college transcript to be delivered.

This is how I assembled everything. I tried to make it as convenient as possible for the FO by classifying the documents similar to the spreadsheet:

1620001779161.png

Hello,
for the AOS package, can I submit the unofficial transcript of my college?
My fees balance hold is preventing me from getting an official transcript until I make all payments.

Hi all,

For the ones who were asking about the EAD processing time: this morning I got an update saying that a new EAD card is being produced! So for me it took 5.5 months.

I assume the card will arrive in a few days. Oh I’m so relieved, this means I don’t have to stop working in case my GC will not be approved before my current visa will expire.

Hello Sm1simon,

Our second package was also accepted, and we received the receipt notice. But, the checks have not cashed since we ask the bank to stop the payment (USCIS tried once as we saw that in my account activity and did not go through). So, I have few questions.
1. Is USCIS going to reject the case or deny the case?
2. Do we need to write a letter to withdraw the case?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.

Hello Sm1simon,

Our second package was also accepted, and we received the receipt notice. But, the checks have not cashed since we ask the bank to stop the payment (USCIS tried once as we saw that in my account activity and did not go through). So, I have few questions.
1. Is USCIS going to reject the case or deny the case?
2. Do we need to write a letter to withdraw the case?

I really appreciate any help you can provide.
Hmm! That is interesting. They shouldn’t have issued the NOA if the payment didn’t go through. I think you’ll need to formally withdraw the 2nd package in this case, but before you do so, what is the status of the your first application?

Hmm! That is interesting. They shouldn’t have issued the NOA if the payment didn’t go through. I think you’ll need to formally withdraw the 2nd package in this case, but before you do so, what is the status of the your first application?
Hello Sm1simon,

We got our receipt notice for the first package, and the online status shows, "Fingerprint fee was received". We have not got any bio appointment or interview yet. We are planning to go with the first package and also to correct the mistake at the interview.
Do you think it is better to wait a couple of weeks before sending the withdrawal letter?.

Thank you.

Hello Sm1simon,

We got our receipt notice for the first package, and the online status shows, "Fingerprint fee was received". We have not got any bio appointment or interview yet. We are planning to go with the first package and also to correct the mistake at the interview.
Do you think it is better to wait a couple of weeks before sending the withdrawal letter?.

Thank you.
What about the second package? Any update online? Yes, I think you should wait a bit before sending in the withdrawal notice.

Hi Mom,

I hope you are doing well. I went through last years timelines and compared processing time of Fairfax field office which is going to be my FO and the other FOs. Given previous applicants' experiences, this FO will contact KCC after the interview and also sometimes officers say that background check is not clear yet and therefore they don't approve the case on spot. My question is since the processing time could take long in this FO comparing to other ones, is it a good move to submit DS-260? I know this might be totally irrelevant, but I was thinking since we are putting some extra info into DS-260 like social media, past phone numbers, etc, is submitting DS-260 this could possibly increase the background check time? Again this just crossed my mind since I had the same experience for F-1 and DS-160 process and thought it might be the same.

Thank you!

What about the second package? Any update online? Yes, I think you should wait a bit before sending in the withdrawal notice.

I just read @dv2021asrs post and try to prevent this from happening in my case (2 packages being processed by lockbox)

Since I send the second package by a personal check, what I did was to freeze my AMEX so that even if they try running it for the second time they won't be able to do so!

I'm just sharing this for other folks doing AOS here and wish to proceed with credit card payments for their 1225$ fee!
(if it is possible for you, just do it with a check! if you wish to to it with a credit card, for your own sake PLEASE do not use American Express!)

Hello Sm1simon,

It also shows the "Fingerprint fee was received."

Thank you.
Thanks for confirming. I’m really surprised though, considering your payment didn’t go through. So yeah, still wait about one or two weeks, let’s see if the lockbox will realize what is going on and subsequently reach out to you re the 2nd package.

Hi Mom,

I hope you are doing well. I went through last years timelines and compared processing time of Fairfax field office which is going to be my FO and the other FOs. Given previous applicants' experiences, this FO will contact KCC after the interview and also sometimes officers say that background check is not clear yet and therefore they don't approve the case on spot. My question is since the processing time could take long in this FO comparing to other ones, is it a good move to submit DS-260? I know this might be totally irrelevant, but I was thinking since we are putting some extra info into DS-260 like social media, past phone numbers, etc, is submitting DS-260 this could possibly increase the background check time? Again this just crossed my mind since I had the same experience for F-1 and DS-160 process and thought it might be the same.

Thank you!
Decision to submit or not submit the DS260 is something you’ll have to decide on your own.
Note, KCC does not process the DS260 for AOSers. USCIS will note initiate a background check on the basis of having submitted the DS260, that only gets started after submitting the AOS package and completing the bio appointment.