• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Thanks for confirming. I’m really surprised though, considering your payment didn’t go through. So yeah, still wait about one or two weeks, let’s see if the lockbox will realize what is going on and subsequently reach out to you re the 2nd package.
Thank you Mom. We also hope that they will send our second package back.

Decision to submit or not submit the DS260 is something you’ll have to decide on your own.
Note, KCC does not process the DS260 for AOSers. USCIS will note initiate a background check on the basis of having submitted the DS260, that only gets started after submitting the AOS package and completing the bio appointment.
Thank you for your reply. Just to clarify, you meant USCIS will not (*not Note) initiate a background check on the basis of having submitted the DS260, right?

1. Are financial support evidence still required as indicated in the spreadsheet?
2. Are employment verification letters for all past employment necessary if DV eligibility is met with education?
3. We made a mistake (mother's maiden name) on DS-260 (fees paid, follow-up email received from KCC). How do I correct this information?

Thank you.

Hi Sm1smom,

I am a DV-2021 lottery selectee, my case number is current. I have already applied for a CP in my country, but KCC has not scheduled my interview yet, and I don't know if they will.
I can travel to the US with a tourist visa. I'd like to know if I can apply for an AoS through Diversity Visa now, or is it too late?

Thank you.

1. Are financial support evidence still required as indicated in the spreadsheet?
2. Are employment verification letters for all past employment necessary if DV eligibility is met with education?
3. We made a mistake (mother's maiden name) on DS-260 (fees paid, follow-up email received from KCC). How do I correct this information?

Thank you.
1. Expectations for applicants to demonstrate they’re unlikely to become a public charge still applies.
2. You don’t need employment “verification letters for all past employment”, not sure where you got that impression from. The recommendation to include the employment verification letter is in support of 1 above, nothing to do with meeting DV eligibility requirements.
3. You can request KCC unlock the DS260 form (which they may decline to do with all regions being current). That error however is not a big deal. You’ll have the opportunity to provide the right information on your I-485, I believe.

Hi Sm1smom,

I am a DV-2021 lottery selectee, my case number is current. I have already applied for a CP in my country, but KCC has not scheduled my interview yet, and I don't know if they will.
I can travel to the US with a tourist visa. I'd like to know if I can apply for an AoS through Diversity Visa now, or is it too late?

Thank you.
Entering the US with a preconceived intent of filing AOS is considered a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit. This is because AOS is the process for applicants who made the decision to process AOS following a change in circumstances after they originally entered the US on their NIV. In your case, this decision is already made before entering or while planning to visit the US.

Entering the US with a preconceived intent of filing AOS is considered a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit. This is because AOS is the process for applicants who made the decision to process AOS following a change in circumstances after they originally entered the US on their NIV. In your case, this decision is already made before entering or while planning to visit the US.
I have heard that it is necessary to wait 90 days in the US before applying for AoS. Is this true?

Thank you Sm1smom! With regards to the last paragraph in the post - as far as I understood, there is also a way to declare of that intent and in that case it won't be considered as an fraudulent attempt? And may I ask what POE is?

Thank you Sm1smom! With regards to the last paragraph in the post - as far as I understood, there is also a way to declare of that intent and in that case it won't be considered as an fraudulent attempt? And may I ask what POE is?
POE - Port of Entry (where Customs and Border Patrol CBP) admits you into the US. Yeah, when they ask you for the purpose of your visit, and you tell them you’re coming into the US to apply for AOS and they subsequently admit (and not deport you on the spot), then you can file for AOS without being accused of a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit.

What do you mean ”declare intent”? Do you mean tell the official at your port of entry (POE) that you plan to adjust status? Well technically then yes if he or she lets you in that would not be fraudulent. However as immigrant intent is not allowed on a tourist visa the more likely outcome is that you will be denied entry.

What do you mean ”declare intent”? Do you mean tell the official at your port of entry (POE) that you plan to adjust status? Well technically then yes if he or she lets you in that would not be fraudulent. However as immigrant intent is not allowed on a tourist visa the more likely outcome is that you will be denied entry.
In that case, how will I be able to adjust my status through DV?

POE - Port of Entry (where Customs and Border Patrol CBP) admits you into the US. Yeah, when they ask you for the purpose of your visit, and you tell them you’re coming into the US to apply for AOS and they subsequently admit (and not deport you on the spot), then you can file for AOS without being accused of a fraudulent attempt at obtaining an immigration benefit.
Thanks for the explanation! :)
But can I tell them that I came to the US to adjust my status while entering US on a tourist visa? Won't they deny my entry if I tell so?

In that case, how will I be able to adjust my status through DV?
Mom already explained the option is there for people who are already in the US on another visa. It is not intended for people to arrive on tourist visas and adjust.

Thanks for the explanation! :)
But can I tell them that I came to the US to adjust my status while entering US on a tourist visa? Won't they deny my entry if I tell so?
Of course you will be denied entry. You are not eligible to AOS - which is what I already explained in my very first response you to before you brought in the 90 days conversation.

If I include my bachelors degree diploma, do I also have to include my high school diploma? Accessing the high school diploma is difficult right now. The fact that someone has a degree indicates they graduated high school right?

If I include my bachelors degree diploma, do I also have to include my high school diploma? Accessing the high school diploma is difficult right now. The fact that someone has a degree indicates they graduated high school right?
Including the HS diploma is recommended