• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Sri Lankan Winners

My husband and I entered for the fourth time this year and I have been selected for further processing. We are from Sri Lanka and our case number is 2021AS00026XXX. Anyone have any idea what our chances are with a case number in this range? Thank you for your kind consideration.
The CN is meaningless without knowing how many selectees there are for 2021, and we will only know it next month or the month after that with the VB. If this is anything like this (miserable) year, then it's a pretty high case number (highest case number for AS this year was in the 30xxx) range. But again, if there are not many selectees, chances are better.
Anyway, if the case numbers are anything like this year, I wouldn't expect an interview until summer next year.

My husband and I entered for the fourth time this year and I have been selected for further processing. We are from Sri Lanka and our case number is 2021AS00026XXX. Anyone have any idea what our chances are with a case number in this range? Thank you for your kind consideration.

Did you submit the DS 260 form.? If yes did you get documents request email. Thanks

Hi all,
Im a dv 2021 winner..bt need a small help from u all.. Due to current situation of SL I thought of getting ready with documents in advance where KCC will ask from me in near future ( I already filled ds 260 form n submitted).. so pls help me guys.. what r d documents we need and how long will it take to prepare them? also I read from this forum we need police certificate.. but as it has d validity period of only 6 months, if I take it now.. do you think its too early?

Hi all,
Im a dv 2021 winner..bt need a small help from u all.. Due to current situation of SL I thought of getting ready with documents in advance where KCC will ask from me in near future ( I already filled ds 260 form n submitted).. so pls help me guys.. what r d documents we need and how long will it take to prepare them? also I read from this forum we need police certificate.. but as it has d validity period of only 6 months, if I take it now.. do you think its too early?

For any step of DV2021, its too early. If your case no is NOT within 1st 1-2 month of 2021, even filling DS260 is not needed.

For now, cant predict when will KCC request for documents.

For required documents list, plz refer https://lk.usembassy.gov/visas/immigrant-visas/diversity-visa/the-interview/

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html

Hi all,

It’s too early to take police certificates. Wait until you get document submission email.

For any step of DV2021, its too early. If your case no is NOT within 1st 1-2 month of 2021, even filling DS260 is not needed.

For now, cant predict when will KCC request for documents.

True.
But AS1xxx and AS11xxx from SL already got document submission emails.

Hi everyone,
I am a DV selectee living in Qatar and trying to obtain the police clearance through e-service. Please may I know how to do the following. 1) What should I fill for the reference no?
2) Can I leave the New NIC No blank?
Screen Shot 2020-08-19 at 8.20.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-08-19 at 8.20.56 PM.png

3) My NIC has the maiden surname and the passport has my husband's surname. As the website states that the Police clearance report will be issued only to the name mentioned in the National Identity Card. So how can I get the Police clearance report as per the passport surname?

Many thanks in advance...

Its is valid only for six months and birth certificates as i guess only for one year
Usually police certificates are regarded as valid for one year from date of issue by Dept of State, regardless what the country specific validity period is. Does the Sri Lanka embassy specifically say PCCs are valid for only 6 months from date of issue?

https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html
Important: Police certificates expire after one year, unless the certificate was issued from your country of previous residence and you have not returned there since the police certificate was issued. If at the time of your interview the following three items are all true, you must bring a new police certificate to your visa interview:
  • You are more than 16 years old;
  • The police certificate was obtained more than one year ago; and
  • You still live in the country that issued the certificate.
I checked the Colombo embassy page for interviews https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/CLM-Colombo.html and it just repeats the above - that a new police certificate is only needed after a year. It’s possible there is something else by the embassy I am unaware of?

Birth certificates as with other civil documents (marriage certificates etc) should have no expiry date.