• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Was your I-485 sent to Chicago Lockbox? Which option did you select for your wife as the basis of her adjustment? Did you mail both your forms together? Did you include your winning notification letter also with your wife's documents?

The forms they listed are not applicable to DV based AOS, for some reason I think they're treating your wife's application as a family based AOS. Provide more information about your case by answering the questions above and we may be able to figure out what's going on.

My package was just returned(!)

I won the DV, my wife did not, and we were not married at the time. We applied for AOS, paid the fees, and submitted all info.

My rejection has no information, hers has the following info

--------------------
"based on the information provided, your priority date could not be established. please resubmit your application with the proper documentation to the address...

the following documentation may be provided
i-130
i-140
i-360"
--------------------

We didn't file any of these? not sure if required?

On the actual letter it lists the following

"you have filed before the block of cases numbers authorized...you must include a copy of the visa congratulatory letter with your submission"

So she never received this, as she didn't win the DV, I did. All of this is addressed in her name, and they returned the check (i sent 1 check for 2140, rather than 1 each?)

My case number is current as of july 1, they received the packet july 8th. Totally lost what happened at this point? Any ideas welcome :confused::confused::confused:

My number is 2013OC0000140x

Was your I-485 sent to Chicago Lockbox? Which option did you select for your wife as the basis of her adjustment? Did you mail both your forms together? Did you include your winning notification letter also with your wife's documents?

The forms they listed are not applicable to DV based AOS, for some reason I think they're treating your wife's application as a family based AOS. Provide more information about your case by answering the questions above and we may be able to figure out what's going on.

Thank you for replying. Have spent all night cramming everything I can and I still can't figure it out. Not feeling great given the timing.

To your questions
- Everything went to Chicago/via FEDEX, all her details in 1 folder, mine in another, common in another, all one envelope.
- My wife selected option B - "my spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status...".
I selected option H - detailed my DV/Case number
- Winning documents etc were all included, including 2x AOS fee ($660 stamped paid) from KCC etc.
- All her docs, education, marriage cert, employement letters (we're currently on E3 visas), W2 forms from 2010, pay stubs, common bank accounts etc, medicals sealed, passports, current visas, i94s, photos....*everything*

On my i-797c notice of action form i simply got
"please refer to the accompanying notice (form m-180) for further information". Theres no m180 form or any other information on my application. They stapled the single check for $2140 (bank check) to her application.

Even the cover letter detailed i was the winning application and that she was the applying spouse.

Totally not understanding what went wrong here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Quite strange. My guess is your package was probably opened by some incompetent USCIS employee.

I will suggest putting your forms together and sending them in again tomorrow. If there's any kind of stamp or mark on the ones you sent in before, fill out new sets of forms. This time around write 2 checks - one for you and one for your wife. Attach the winning notification letter to the front part of both packages. Also print out the VB showing your CN as current, highlight the section.

There's no need to include education or employment documents with your wife's package, only yours as the DV selectee needs to have such documents.

Good luck!

Thank you for replying. Have spent all night cramming everything I can and I still can't figure it out. Not feeling great given the timing.

To your questions
- Everything went to Chicago/via FEDEX, all her details in 1 folder, mine in another, common in another, all one envelope.
- My wife selected option B - "my spouse or parent applied for adjustment of status...".
I selected option H - detailed my DV/Case number
- Winning documents etc were all included, including 2x AOS fee ($660 stamped paid) from KCC etc.
- All her docs, education, marriage cert, employement letters (we're currently on E3 visas), W2 forms from 2010, pay stubs, common bank accounts etc, medicals sealed, passports, current visas, i94s, photos....*everything*

"please refer to the accompanying notice (form m-180) for further information". Theres no m180 form or any other information on my application. They stapled the single check for $2140 (bank check) to her application.

Even the cover letter detailed i was the winning application and that she was the applying spouse.

Quite strange. My guess is your package was probably opened by some incompetent USCIS employee.

I will suggest putting your forms together and sending them in again tomorrow. If there's any kind of stamp or mark on the ones you sent in before, fill out new sets of forms. This time around write 2 checks - one for you and one for your wife. Attach the winning notification letter to the front part of both packages. Also print out the VB showing your CN as current, highlight the section.

There's no need to include education or employment documents with your wife's package, only yours as the DV selectee needs to have such documents.

Good luck!

Thank you (again).

Blows my mind. All of our forms have a mark on the right hand side to indicate theyve been scanned. I'm in two minds about a reprint and starting fresh because of that. That included a green sheet of paper sayiung "when you resubmit please enclose this letter with your re-submission, this will flag your application to receive special attention when it is re-processed".

I am going to call them in the morning to see if that gives me any new information to work with, and if not go with 2 new individual checks and the visa bulletin like you indicated + another cover letter.

Really makes me nervous given the timing and how a lot of these things can be messed up.

CASE OF REJECTION HELP james82

Hello james82,
What did you do different when you resent your AOS package in Chicago?
Did you reprint new forms since most of them had been scanned? Did you cut a new check?
My file was rejected because I applied before my Case Block Number was authorized.
Any advice? I had included the visa bulletin and the referendum as you did. I am current in September.
Thank you

Hello james82,
What did you do different when you resent your AOS package in Chicago?
Did you reprint new forms since most of them had been scanned? Did you cut a new check?
My file was rejected because I applied before my Case Block Number was authorized.
Any advice? I had included the visa bulletin and the referendum as you did. I am current in September.
Thank you

DV2013US,
Sorry to hear about the rejection of your case, I understand how frustrating this should be.
The first time we filed our application was after our number became current in the advance notification table. We didn't include anything special other than the documents required for the appliation and the forms.
When it got rejected, we received our file back, along with the checks and everything. A letter was stapled to the forms somewhere (they call it M180, but it doesn't show any name like that ...) and also the I797 forms for the different applications (I485 and I131, every applicant). We filed again after a few days. In this time, we printed a complete new set of forms and documents again, we kept the same photos, stamped check, medicals.. and we basically put them in two separate folders with two etiquettes (1 for old file , 1 for new file). We updated the cover letter by including a paragraph in the beginning, basically saying that the memo issued in 1999 by the INS advised to accept DV based applications filed 90 days in advance to allow enough time for background checks .. bla bla bla ... we included a printout of that letter (find a link in my previous post) and we mentioned that our case # became current in the advance notification table (also included a copy of that table, highlighted the month, and the cutoff number). These latter documents along with the cover letter and the green sheet were put in front outside the two folders.
for the old documents, we didn't remove the staples. We just sent them back after we copied the I797s and the letter and sheet for our records.
I dont know if this is the right way to do it, but it worked for us in the second submission.
I hope yours will be accepted this time.

Good luck !

Hi everyone,
Attached to my interview letter, I got a list of documents that I should bring with me. it's 12 items which I already submitted most of them with AOS package. For example the medical exam or translation of birth certificate and so on.
Could you let me know if you guys also received similar thing or what you get as attachement to your letter?

Thanks

Filling before number is current

Someone here was concerned about the number being current late. I had an infor pass appointment were I was advised that as long as your number shows on the visa bulletin u can file. Even if the number is in advance notice section. Originally my number is to be current in August 2013 but I filled about 2 weeks ago and I received a text that my application has been accepted and I saw that the check was cashed too. So if you have a high number like mine, DO NOT waste valuable time. Hope this helps someone.

Hi, everybody

I want to share my experience with you.

My interview was on wednesday 12/6 ( dv lottery winner 2013 ).

The interviews went smooth, no strange question were asked.

there was issue.

my file was not requested from Kentucky center. The officer told

that usually the officer supervisor who ask for your file and he did not.

she told me this might take one to two weeks.

Is there anyone met such situation before.

today I contacted Kentucky center, they told USCIS still does not request my file.

I call the 800 number of USCIS no information was shown to her.

and I went for infopass two times they told your case still pending and it's still on time.

I am really frustrated since most of the selectee got their green card maximum by 2 weeks and

I passed 5 weeks now without any notification.

Up to this day 07/19/2013 our status still the same online, our file still not requested by USCIS.

ANY SUGGESTION WILL BE APPRECIATING.

tHANKS

Contact your congressman/woman's office and request for them to do a follow up with USCIS on your behalf.

Hi, everybody

I want to share my experience with you.

My interview was on wednesday 12/6 ( dv lottery winner 2013 ).

The interviews went smooth, no strange question were asked.

there was issue.

my file was not requested from Kentucky center. The officer told

that usually the officer supervisor who ask for your file and he did not.

she told me this might take one to two weeks.

Is there anyone met such situation before.

today I contacted Kentucky center, they told USCIS still does not request my file.

I call the 800 number of USCIS no information was shown to her.

and I went for infopass two times they told your case still pending and it's still on time.

I am really frustrated since most of the selectee got their green card maximum by 2 weeks and

I passed 5 weeks now without any notification.

Up to this day 07/19/2013 our status still the same online, our file still not requested by USCIS.

ANY SUGGESTION WILL BE APPRECIATING.

tHANKS

The list you received with your interview is most likely a generic list of documents required for GC interviews. Notwithstanding, I suggest you go with all the documents as requested (yes, including the ones you already sbmitted) except of course for the medical form. They sometimes misplace one or two documents from people's files, it's better to be over prepared.

Hi everyone,
Attached to my interview letter, I got a list of documents that I should bring with me. it's 12 items which I already submitted most of them with AOS package. For example the medical exam or translation of birth certificate and so on.
Could you let me know if you guys also received similar thing or what you get as attachement to your letter?

Thanks

Hi everyone. I just got my interview letter :). There is nothing attached telling me the documents I should bring. It's just a generic letter. has someone experienced the same thing?

you should have received a notification to attend to the interview and also on a separate page a generic list of all documents to bring.

Congrats!

A separate list of documents to bring along for the interview isn't always attached or even listed on the interview letter itself.

But notwithstanding the lack of a list, be sure to attend your interview will original copies of all the documents you've already sent in. Go over lists some mentions have written about previously on this thread and even if you didn't include any of those with your application, be sure to take them along. Like I always say "better to be over prepared"

Hi everyone. I just got my interview letter :). There is nothing attached telling me the documents I should bring. It's just a generic letter. has someone experienced the same thing?

Something just occured to me regarding your case. If you haven't mailed back your forms, be sure to type/write in front of the 'H' option: 'DIVERSITY VISA SELECTEE' or 'DV LOTTERY WINNER NOTIFICATION LETTER ATTACHED (or ENCLOSED)'

I noticed you indicated that you wrote your DV CN in front of the H option, it could be the basis of all the issues your application ran into. Now, I could be wrong in my assumption, but it's the only thing that seem to jump out at me again.

To your questions
I selected option H - detailed my DV/Case number- Winning documents etc were all included, including 2x AOS fee ($660 stamped paid) from KCC etc.

you should have received a notification to attend to the interview and also on a separate page a generic list of all documents to bring.

There is only the notification to attend the interview but as Mom said I will make sure to bring all my originals.

Congrats!

A separate list of documents to bring along for the interview isn't always attached or even listed on the interview letter itself.

But notwithstanding the lack of a list, be sure to attend your interview will original copies of all the documents you've already sent in. Go over lists some mentions have written about previously on this thread and even if you didn't include any of those with your application, be sure to take them along. Like I always say "better to be over prepared"

Thank you Mom

There is only the notification to attend the interview but as Mom said I will make sure to bring all my originals.
First congrats for the interview letter. We also didn't receive any attachment with our interview letter, just generic letter with time and date. The letter says please see attachment for documents to bring with you, but nothing was there. We are just going to take each and every document we have with us..
Al the best for interview.