• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

Thank you Sm1smom!
I just went to my FO and the guy in the infopass front desk changed my address for me there and said that my mail will be coming to my new address from now on. Do you think that will delay my application?

Changing address after sending in the I-485 package is a very bad idea, this has been discussed a couple of times on this particular thread. Government mail such as this do not get forwarded. You will need to visit your FO (which means booking an infopass which looks like you've already done). If you haven't called USCIS, do so now and request to speak with a L2 officer, explain your situation and ask for further directives.

Glad to know you got to update your address with USCIS. Hopefully they will resend your interview letter to your new address. It's hard to tell how soon they will do that, but hopefully they will resend it in a couple of days. All you can do for now is to keep your fingers crossed. If you don't receive the letter by the end of next week, I suggest you do another follow up.

Good luck!

Thank you Sm1smom!
I just went to my FO and the guy in the infopass front desk changed my address for me there and said that my mail will be coming to my new address from now on. Do you think that will delay my application?

Alright guys, I am going through the documents i have so far for I-485 package. Please let me know if i missed anything. Thanks :)

- Copy of VB showing AS is current in August (as 'Sm1smom' instructed)
- DV selection letter
- G-1145 form
- AOS letter
- Copy of passport
- Copy of Visa and I-94
- Copy of SSN
- Copy of all the I-20s
- Copy of high school diploma and transcript
- Copy of bachelor's diploma and transcript
- Copy of OPT card
- Copy of birth certificate
- Medical package
- Copy of job offer letter stating salary
- I-485 form
- G-325A form
- Copy of DV fee receipt
- Check of $1070 for us dept of homeland security ( Do i ve to include my case number or anything on this check? )
- Two identical pp photos (I have a question on this, i already sent 2 pp photo to KCC when i sent my DSP 122 form. Do i need to send it again with I 485 package? In the i485 instructions, it says include photos taken within 30 days of the application filing)

Thank you guys :)

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks ok.

I don't think they need social security card. You don't really need to send employment letter. It's for the interview.
Don't forget to put on the top the copy of the visa bulletin.

Write your case number on the envelope, check,...
I wrote on the back of photo also, you have to send new photo, taken within a month

xenonflux,

I think you look set. Yes, you should write your CN on the check, and yes, you need to include 2 current passport photos. Take note of everything you're sending out with the package as you will need to take them, the originals (and copies too may be needed) to your interview. There's no need to write your CN on the envelope, the envelope isn't going to be looked at.

We have received AP with our EAD. Talked to USCIS over the phone, and also visited local Field Office. Once you have AP, it's good to go. I will be travelling.

Just think about the people who file I-485 based on Employment. There are some countries that they receive GC in 5-7 yrs. They travel with AP/EAD.

Thanks for the info.

Any news? Did you receive your GC?

xenonflux,

I think you look set. Yes, you should write your CN on the check, and yes, you need to include 2 current passport photos. Take note of everything you're sending out with the package as you will need to take them, the originals (and copies too may be needed) to your interview. There's no need to write your CN on the envelope, the envelope isn't going to be looked at.

Thank you :)

Happy birthday to me~

So God decided to give me an early birthday present :) (however it's the 25th back in Indonesia so I guess the gift is on time)

I RECEIVED MY INTERVIEW LETTER!!!

Scheduled on the 27th of August :)

I have a question folks, since I know when my interview letter is, is it allright for me to go back to Indo for a few weeks and come back before the interview? Or is it better not to go at all, to prevent status confusion?

------------------------

The interview told me to bring:

This letter (interview letter)
I-94 if any
USCIS approval notices and issued documents
Current photo ID
Current letter of employment for both spouse (I assume I ignore this, not married yet)
3 most current federal 1040 tax return and W-2 (what do I do with this? I don't work, I have my sponsor though)
Evidence supporting bona fides of martial relationship eg. photo, bank statement, leases
Certified, complete court records of all arrest (I didnt pay public transport fine tiwce but i dont have the record...yet my friends tell me its not a big deal cause its not like i ran over red light, killed someone, etc...?)
Original birth/marriage/divorce certificates (Holland doesnt issue birth ceritificate, its just a document of data including where u live etc, u can get it any time and as much as u like...is this good enough got a 'original birth' certificate?)

Emir, maybe this is useful for u :)
If you do not wish to surrender originals, bring legite photo copies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happy birthday to me~

So God decided to give me an early birthday present :) (however it's the 25th back in Indonesia so I guess the gift is on time)

Congrats on the letter. Did u apply for Advance Parole with ur I 485? If u have advance parole than you can travel. But as far I know you cant travel on f1 visa when u have a pending i 485 without parole documents.

Hey Melanie,

Where is your FO and when were you current?

Thanks!

Happy birthday to me~

I have a question folks, since I know when my interview letter is, is it allright for me to go back to Indo for a few weeks and come back before the interview? Or is it better not to go at all, to prevent status confusion?

------------------------

The interview told me to bring:

This letter (interview letter)
I-94 if any
USCIS approval notices and issued documents
Current photo ID
Current letter of employment for both spouse (I assume I ignore this, not married yet)
3 most current federal 1040 tax return and W-2 (what do I do with this? I don't work, I have my sponsor though)
Evidence supporting bona fides of martial relationship eg. photo, bank statement, leases
Certified, complete court records of all arrest (I didnt pay public transport fine tiwce but i dont have the record...yet my friends tell me its not a big deal cause its not like i ran over red light, killed someone, etc...?)
Original birth/marriage/divorce certificates (Holland doesnt issue birth ceritificate, its just a document of data including where u live etc, u can get it any time and as much as u like...is this good enough got a 'original birth' certificate?)

Emir, maybe this is useful for u :)
If you do not wish to surrender originals, bring legite photo copies.

Happy Birthday, baby girl :) and congrats on receiving your IL. I've been looking forward to reading this for so long!

Your IL is a generic one, most of the listed documents are not applicable to you (you know which ones) so ignore them.

Now, why on earth would you be taking the public transport and not pay??? Anyway, since you were simply fined (and not arrested, I assume?), you have no police record, so nothing to worry about. Although I caution you to not volunteer this information during your interview unless specifically asked.

No, you cannot travel out of the US before you complete this process and have you GC or stamp I-155 in your passport, other your application is considered abandoned. You did not apply for AP, so stay put till after the interview, then you can take that trip back home.

Good luck!

Happy birthday to me~

Congrats on the letter. Did u apply for Advance Parole with ur I 485? If u have advance parole than you can travel. But as far I know you cant travel on f1 visa when u have a pending i 485 without parole documents.

Woo thank you~ And nope I didn't :) didn't really know about that hahaha *my bad*
Thanks United :)

Hey Melanie,

Where is your FO and when were you current?

Thanks!

Are you worried about yours? :) Don't worry, if others tells you you're fine, then you are~ we got some really smart and wise people in thos forum u know ;)
I was current in May, San Francisco