• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2013 AOS Only

I wonder when San Francisco is going to pick up the pace.
I've called USCIS and requested level 2 to respond where my case is now. It took them a week to respond, I got the call today and they said my case has transferred to SF on the 23rd of May(WOW that was fast) and is pending.
So, I guess I have to do an infopass.

First congrats for the interview letter. We also didn't receive any attachment with our interview letter, just generic letter with time and date. The letter says please see attachment for documents to bring with you, but nothing was there. We are just going to take each and every document we have with us..
Al the best for interview.
Thank you united 1. My Interview is on August 2th

Someone here was concerned about the number being current late. I had an infor pass appointment were I was advised that as long as your number shows on the visa bulletin u can file. Even if the number is in advance notice section. Originally my number is to be current in August 2013 but I filled about 2 weeks ago and I received a text that my application has been accepted and I saw that the check was cashed too. So if you have a high number like mine, DO NOT waste valuable time. Hope this helps someone.

Yes you did good. You can't aford wasting 1 month. Please keep us informed on how it is going.

Thank you for the additional thoughts. I mailed it all back today with a cover letter. I spent 1h on hold to USCIS today where the lady basically told me "follow what the form says, if you think you did it right then just post it back with a note" and then proceeded to wish me a good day and hung up. *rage*.

On the H option, I did have "DV selectee 2013OC0000140x" as there's an empty line for a comment.

Wrote a very simple cover letter explaining I'm the DV selectee, my wife is applying as a spouse of a DV selectee. Included another copy of my DV selection letter, print out of the visa bulletin etc. Also used 2 checks instead of 1.

Fingers crossed, I spent 5-6h yesterday, another 5h on it this morning going through every issue ever listed on the net. Seems a lot of people have had this issue outside of DV GC and a lot of times reposting it worked for them. Just worried that if this gets sent back again we're basically dead in the water due to time.

thanks again for the feedback.

Something just occured to me regarding your case. If you haven't mailed back your forms, be sure to type/write in front of the 'H' option: 'DIVERSITY VISA SELECTEE' or 'DV LOTTERY WINNER NOTIFICATION LETTER ATTACHED (or ENCLOSED)'

I noticed you indicated that you wrote your DV CN in front of the H option, it could be the basis of all the issues your application ran into. Now, I could be wrong in my assumption, but it's the only thing that seem to jump out at me again.

Thank you for the additional thoughts. I mailed it all back today with a cover letter. I spent 1h on hold to USCIS today where the lady basically told me "follow what the form says, if you think you did it right then just post it back with a note" and then proceeded to wish me a good day and hung up. *rage*.
mrchow,
I know its frustrating at times. Don't worry, and this time your application should be accepted. Some times its jus all abt luck. All the best for the rest of the process. Cheers!!

Hi everyone,

I changed my address this month and forwarded it to a FEDEX mailbox, but my friend's mail got returned to him when he sent it to my old address.
Does anyone know what happens if the interview letter gets returned to USCIS?

thanks!

Hi everyone,

I changed my address this month and forwarded it to a FEDEX mailbox, but my friend's mail got returned to him when he sent it to my old address.

thanks!
Certain governmental letters can't be forwarded, so they will be returned. I sincerely don't think the CIS will resend the letter to the same address, which means you need to do infopass and check.

Thanks Hexa for your response! I have scheduled an infopass already but it is scheduled for July 31st.
Do you think I should change my address with USCIS? would it delay the process?
and during the infopass, will they give me my interview letter during the meeting or does it have to go by mail?

I am worried I will not get my letter and miss the deadline. Please help!

Certain governmental letters can't be forwarded, so they will be returned. I sincerely don't think the CIS will resend the letter to the same address, which means you need to do infopass and check.

Interview Experience

Interview was very very easy! The lady asked almost everything written in i485, like full name, DOB, Place of birth, prents' name, current address, current work, if ever been deported, or denied visa, and if i have always maintained my visa status, how many travels I made to home country, and when was the last travel date, who do I stay with, if I had any other names, any children etc. And All those 'NO' answer questions. So I would say it was just a general one. I was called first, and my wife was called second, we were interviewed separately.

Once I was done, my wife was called . She was asked all the above question.
She also said that she understood that DV cases are time sensitive, and she would decide today, and let us know the decision right away. And at last she said she approved the case. I checked the status and it said CPO. And after abt 2 hrs it changed to Decicion.

Both of us dressed casually, we were in jeans and tshirt .But I saw some people were very formally dressed. It is up to us to choose how to dress, it makes no difference!

And the only papers she checked was DV letters and the fee receipt.

Please let me know if I could be of any help. PM me, as I might not check the forum that often.

Good luck to everyone waiting for the approval and thank you to everyone who are contributing to the forum.

Thank you :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear all,

Have any of you heard of someone's case was rejected during the interview? And if yes, what could be a reason/reasons why this could happen?

Hi everyone,

thanks!

Hey everyone, how ya'll doing? My case number is 2013AS...10..., i think it ll be current in August. Will i have enough time :( if i send my documents like the 1st of Aug or should i send it now..I am really worried about the time now.. Also, there are few other questions about the documents,
- Do i need sponsor?, i m in OPT right now and i have offer letter stating the salary. However, i do not ve enough money in my account :(. will the offer letter work?
- Do i have send the original DV fee receipt or just the photo copy.

I would appreciate any thoughts. Thank you :)

There's no point waiting, send in your I-485 package NOW! You're in a race against time. Print out the VB that shows your CN will be current in August, highlight the section and attach it to your package. Make sure your DV Selection Letter is prominently displayed on top of the entire package.

If you're able to get someone to fill out an affidavit of support, go ahead ahead and ask the person to fill out that form for you (the form doesn't have to accompany your I-485 package, so don't delay sending it out while waiting for that form to get filled out). But if you don't have anyone to provide you with it, it's not a show spoiler IMO. It's a good thing you have your offer letter, it will serve you well at the time of interview. Yes, a copy of the receipt is fine, just make sure it is of high quality.

Again, don't delay. Send out the package now!

Hey everyone, how ya'll doing? My case number is 2013AS...10..., i think it ll be current in August. Will i have enough time :( if i send my documents like the 1st of Aug or should i send it now..I am really worried about the time now.. Also, there are few other questions about the documents,
- Do i need sponsor?, i m in OPT right now and i have offer letter stating the salary. However, i do not ve enough money in my account :(. will the offer letter work?
- Do i have send the original DV fee receipt or just the photo copy.

I would appreciate any thoughts. Thank you :)

Hey Guys,

Has anyone tried changing their addresses during the process and how long it would delay my process?
Please help; I am worried I would not get my interview letter cause my forwarding address is not working.

Thanks!

There's no point waiting, send in your I-485 package NOW! You're in a race against time. Print out the VB that shows your CN will be current in August, highlight the section and attach it to your package. Make sure your DV Selection Letter is prominently displayed on top of the entire package.

If you're able to get someone to fill out an affidavit of support, go ahead ahead and ask the person to fill out that form for you (the form doesn't have to accompany your I-485 package, so don't delay sending it out while waiting for that form to get filled out). But if you don't have anyone to provide you with it, it's not a show spoiler IMO. It's a good thing you have your offer letter, it will serve you well at the time of interview. Yes, a copy of the receipt is fine, just make sure it is of high quality.

Again, don't delay. Send out the package now!
- I dont ve any sponsor. Should i include a copy of offer letter in the package?
- They have not published the cut-offs for the August yet. What should i do?
- Also, should i make one check of '$1070' for the package or separate of $985 and $85?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Changing address after sending in the I-485 package is a very bad idea, this has been discussed a couple of times on this particular thread. Government mail such as this do not get forwarded. You will need to visit your FO (which means booking an infopass which looks like you've already done). If you haven't called USCIS, do so now and request to speak with a L2 officer, explain your situation and ask for further directives.

Hi everyone,

thanks!

Response below:

- I dont ve any sponsor. Should i include a copy of offer letter in the package? - Yes, you should

- They have not published the cut-offs for the August yet. What should i do? - CNs for Asia is CURRENT from August. No individual numbers will be published again on the VB. So print out the BV and highlight the section that shows Asia is current from August.

- Also, should i make one check of '$1070' for the package or separate of $985 and $85? - Single check in the sum of $1070 is fine
thanks