Who want to be part of action team

Originally posted by karma_yoga
Rajiv reply at project Symphony at CSC center thread.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103382

Rajiv and his is working on a special software that will help us to organize our efforts. What we need now is some sort of "project management" features as discusson forum is very difficult to use for action as people gets lost in threads. please visit the above thread to get a copy of doc that Rajiv provided about the software project.It is still in development.

Thanks
karma_yoga

########################################
Re: A high level executive summary of the project

quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by operations
is attached.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Rajiv.

I have gone through the doc and it looks good. We need to add details of requirements in this doc as we progress.

I don’t know how much time will it take to get it ready completely. Can we have item 7 on the document. i.e. “Monitoring Task.” available soon. The efforts of grass root campaign is catching up and some process to monitor the task can help us a lot to spread it fast. We need to monitor the progress district wise.

It is very difficult to manage such efforts on portal, discussion threads as people get lost in threads.

Thanks,
karma_yoga

########################################

Monica and Arvind, please comment.

Re: Re: Spread sheet

Originally posted by Edison
allsucks,
Please goahead with your spreadsheet plan since Rajiv's advocacy software launch might take about 6 months to 1 year.

Our firm used to own a project management software that would be perfect for this. Let me renew the license on that and have it installed. Let me see. stand by. I will report back.

Could this be used as a point of argument in the lawsuit against USCIS?

If you look at the numbers 40,000 per year for EB-1, 2 and 3 (see attached pdf file).
I believe refugees recently won a lawsuit saying that they had a 10,000 per year limit and that the CIS issued visas much lower than the limit.

In our case I assume that CIS did not issue visas to meet these limits. There might be other ramifications if we press with this issue.

I got this from
http://www.ilw.com/lawyers/immigdaily/
Employer Bulleting Information on Employment Based Permanent Residence. which was issued recently by CIS.

Debates - my 2 cents on the issue

Just to get started on the process of coming up with a consensus on various issues:

Sample debating topics :
-------------------------------
1) Are we going to suggest any minimum amount for contributions from the people in this forum ?

I would say no formally, but informally keep an informal reference sheet open. (like restaurant bills that precalculate tip amounts to 10% - 15% - 20% - for your convinience). We should try to create awareness and show people where the money is going and how it will be spelt. Not to mention the benefit they will receive from their funds. The rest we should leave to them. Coerciveness of imposed contributions will limit the final amount collected and every penny counts.

2) What is our top most priority (once we collect funds) ?

Our key focus should be legislative action, Budgets come up for renewal every year, legal action takes time. A friendly nudge and a wink by the appropriations committee to the Director of INS will go much further that legal threats. INS top brass is all lawyers in any case.

That being said, I would support a strong show of force to Congressmen and Senators and try to win them to our sides.

3) How is our team going to take final decisions ?

We live in a democracy so need to behave like one. Voting is the way to go, after discussion and case presentations.

4) How are we going to function as a team ? Is it just by exchanging postings in this forum Or teleconference sessions or regional meetings ? In case of regional meetings, we need regional coordinators. We also need to appoint some people as convenors for different actions (yjay for finance, edison for general actions, xxxxx for legal actions, yyyy for meeting congress men, zzzzz for organizing debates etc).

This will grow and grow fast/big if it needs to succeed. Nothing beats teleconferencing or face to face meetings if required. A good start would be to get a group going (like yahoo groups), where we can directly communicate via email.

It is very essential that this process be transparent, since the majority of the money will come from other portal users, so a strict log/minutes need to be kept. If necessary, we should host it on a website (we should ask Rajiv if he can lend us a small wing of the bigger Immigration.com portal). Periodically have polls, etc. to make sure we are carrying the weight of the entire community with us. The committee shouldn't run away on its own but stick to very narrow parameters, defined PRIOR to accepting money from the community.

Just wanted to get some thoughts out there for people to chew and comment on. We need to get started with organizing, while at the same time continuing with our fax/email/town hall campaigns. This is a priority! We need to be ready to pick up the ball once Rajiv gives us the go ahead on the non-profit organization and Money account. We have to be ready and discussion is the only way to go. So let us get started!

The incorporation package is ready for my review

Originally posted by dsatish
Once Sharamaji registers an organisation for us, let us hire some professional (atleast for 2 months) to work for our firm to help us in the lobbying / meeting efforts. We just need the initial momentum.

I will look it over tmorrow and get the ball rolling on the incorporation.

Re: Re: DIRECTOR

Stand by. Let me think about the best approach.

I am having another complete petition with our signatures sent to the director. Will follow it up with a phone call. Remind me next Wednesday. Homa, note this on my calendar.

Web Project Management Software Has Been installed

After some thought, I chose PHProjekt. Rejected our existing SW.

Here are the features
http://www.phprojekt.com/features.php

There is a demo on their web site. I would like 3-4 of you to recieve admin rights. Please choose and send me an e-mail.

I think this will do for now.

Go!!! Team.

Originally posted by or1or2 in TSC
One first, "non-violent" start would be to start an online petition (it's free!) at http://www.petitiononline.com and collect atleast 1,000 signatures and forward/ send to the BBC, NY Times, Washington Post as well as the bad bad CNN. No lawyers needed- and it will be heard

For action team and oprations;
can we send our pitition to the media in similar fashion? or atleast can we make link to the site and post our pitition on the site and all the willing members of this forum can sign it?

Last edited by a moderator:
Use the existing petition

Originally posted by khoula
Originally posted by or1or2 in TSC

For action team can we send our pitition to the media in similar fashion?

Use the existing petition. Do not dilute your visitors interest by starting multiple sites. Feel free to take out reference to immigrationportal.com. Just call it an online community or something anonymous.

Be wary of inviting lawyers to join in. We have our place in the scheme of things. But most of us care only about getting our name out there. There are some good, honest, well meaning lawyers out there (speaking statistically, there must be). I am yet to meet them. Sound cynical? Well, that is the truth. You are the real force.

My motivation: I need nothing from you. My belly is full. I totally and completely love my profession and admire many (certainly not all :)) of you out there, our friends, clients, acquaintaces. I do it because I do it. No deeper motivation (as far as I know myself, Freud might have a different opinion).

So DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO. YOU HAVE MY FULL SUPPORT. But be smart about it. The hard part is SUSTAINING the effort. I have built several grassroot efforts under most exacting circumstances. The burn out rate of participants is high if efforts are not properly coordinated and shared. Lighting the fire is easy, keeping it lit is the real challenge. So conceptualize, organize and above all, work together people.

PS Sorry if I sound like I am lecturing. Just focusing your attention.

Re: Use the existing petition

Use the existing petition. Do not dilute your visitors interest by starting multiple sites. Feel free to take out reference to immigrationportal.com. Just call it an online community or something anonymous.

Be wary of inviting lawyers to join in. We have our place in the scheme of things. But most of us care only about getting our name out there. There are some good, honest, well meaning lawyers out there (speaking statistically, there must be). I am yet to meet them. Sound cynical? Well, that is the truth. You are the real force.

My motivation: I need nothing from you. My belly is full. I totally and completely love my profession and admire many (certainly not all :)) of you out there, our friends, clients, acquaintaces. I do it because I do it. No deeper motivation (as far as I know myself, Freud might have a different opinion).

So DO WHAT YOU NEED TO DO. YOU HAVE MY FULL SUPPORT. But be smart about it. The hard part is SUSTAINING the effort. I have built several grassroot efforts under most exacting circumstances. The burn out rate of participants is high if efforts are not properly coordinated and shared. Lighting the fire is easy, keeping it lit is the real challenge. So conceptualize, organize and above all, work together people.

Rajiv,

Thanks for your support to this community, we really appreciate it.

Thanks, Rajiv. We appreciate all your help.

To All,
Let's forget about posting the petition on other sites and let's focus on gathering more support.

Re: Re: Use the existing petition

Originally posted by Edison

To All,
Let's forget about posting the petition on other sites and let's focus on gathering more support.

Edison,

It has not to be the actual petition posted here and there. We should try get the message across a wider audience. We can post messages referring to this web site, pop-ups and things like that. How about ethnic sites, etc. Take a look at the volunteers, they are all great guys but they all belong to same group. Where are the Hispanics,the Philippinos, the Chinese, the Canadians, etc.
our group is monolithic. On a statistical basis, maybe it is justified. i.e. 50-75% of applications are from Indian origin people?? Maybe a bit less. A more inclusive team will benefit all, as I am a bit disappointed with the ATTITUDE of a lot of the folks on this forum.

Re: Re: Re: Use the existing petition

Originally posted by cinta
Edison,

It has not to be the actual petition posted here and there. We should try get the message across a wider audience. We can post messages referring to this web site, pop-ups and things like that. How about ethnic sites, etc. Take a look at the volunteers, they are all great guys but they all belong to same group. Where are the Hispanics,the Philippinos, the Chinese, the Canadians, etc.
our group is monolithic. On a statistical basis, maybe it is justified. i.e. 50-75% of applications are from Indian origin people?? Maybe a bit less. A more inclusive team will benefit all, as I am a bit disappointed with the ATTITUDE of a lot of the folks on this forum.

Do your very best. Forget about other people. Try to build consensus but let not the lack of it dishearten you. :) I know one passionate person can make a world of difference.

:D I sound like a frortune cookie.

Thank you for your leadership and direction Mr. Khanna. Hope to see the light soon at the end of this long tunnel.I mean it for every one on this forum under your leadership and kind guidence.

Cinta,
As Rajiv said let's forget about others and let's move ahead with our goals in mind.

BTW, this forum is just a sample of immigrants so you can extrapolate and do any study about immigrants since everywhere we'll see same kind of people.

Call me Rajiv

"Mr. Khanna" creates a separation between us that is unnecessary. I am no leader (not if I have a choice). I am, I hope, a firend of the community and of your efforts.

I still need to know who among you want to be the adminstrator of the project management software we have installed.

Call me Rajiv
"Mr. Khanna" creates a separation between us that is unnecessary. I am no leader (not if I have a choice). I am, I hope, a firend of the community and of your efforts.

I kiss your hands Rajiv.

Re: Call me Rajiv

I still need to know who among you want to be the adminstrator of the project management software we have installed.

Let us make 'Edison' as administrator, as he is putting lot of efforts in it. What do you say, edison?

Vote for Edison

I vote for Edison... :)

Edison or who ever access that phpprojkt.com s/w ,

Could you please check to see is there any way we can enter all Senators and congressman information in that software?...

I think we can keep sending emails to this address. This is USDOJ and Attorney Journal email
AskDOJ@usdoj.gov.

Thanks
Srini