Who want to be part of action team

Re: Spread sheet

Originally posted by allsucks
Guys,
I am planning to prepare a spread sheet to track with the following fields. Advantages of this spreadsheet is we can track the information whom we communicated whom we did not ..

Any comments/Critics?

Good idea. Is it technically possible to keep such sheet on forum, and individual who participate in these activities can update it independently? If yes, that will be great.

karma_yoga

Go ahead and prepare spreadsheet. For CSC Kashmir consolidated the efforts till date for other forums check the various threads started by me. It's good to have documentation of all the efforts.

Also, Rajiv is getting a software for advocacy and its related activities.

Last edited by a moderator:

Current Core team list:

Edison (VSC, Michigan 9th district) - Actually MI comes under NSC
dsatish (VSC, New Jersey)
Yjay (VSC, Virginia)
Raj Chandra (VSC, MA)
sanju13 (VSC, Colorado)
frantic (VSC, Georgia )
kash777 (VSC, California 13th district)
Kashmir (CSC, California 14th district)
rk4gc (CSC, California 16th district)
karma_yoga (CSC, California 13th district)
140_takes_4ever (CSC, California 14th district)
tombaan (TSC, )
ayansgp (TSC, Georgia )
goastros (TSC, Virginia)

Volunteers for core team:
smita_goyle (VSC, )
shsa (NSC, )
andy_2000 (NSC, Ohio 2nd district)
tr22 (TSC, )
taj72 (TSC, )
srvimmi (TSC, )
allsucks ( ,Philadelphia)

I'm in the process of consolidating the Core team and other volunteers list for Action team. I would like to have the following
details(already I have some of those details):

1. Residence location: State and Congressional District of your city.
2. If I-485 pending RD and service center / GC approved / US citizen.
3. Please list your interesets:
a. I would like to involve only in activities related to legal action.
b. I would like to involve only in activities related to lobbying congress.
c. I would like to involve in activities related to legal action and lobbying congress.
d. If others please specify.
4. I'm a male / female
5. Ethnicity or Origin and Country of Citizenship

You are not obligated to answer all the above questions, but we can form well diversified team if we have all the details.

If you prefer not to post these details in this forum, let me know and Send PM.

Count me in....

I am not sure whether this is the thread I should use to volunteer myself. But here it goes.

I am Psinha

RD - 12/11/2002

MN-district

NSC

Indian - Male

Let me know

Sign me up and help me get started.

Thanks

I'm in the process of consolidating the Core team and other volunteers list for Action team. I would like to have the following

Answer:pA and 6
Answer: 485 Pending RD 9/2/2003
c. I would like to involve in activities related to legal action and lobbying congress.
Answer: C

4. I'm a male / female
Answer: M
Indian
6: email : srinivasarao@hotmail.com
You are not obligated to answer all the above questions, but we can form well diversified team if we have all the details.

Originally posted by Edison

Current Core team list:

Edison (VSC, Michigan 9th district) - Actually MI comes under NSC
dsatish (VSC, New Jersey)
Yjay (VSC, Virginia)
Raj Chandra (VSC, MA)
sanju13 (VSC, Colorado)
frantic (VSC, Georgia )
kash777 (VSC, California 13th district)
Kashmir (CSC, California 14th district)
rk4gc (CSC, California 16th district)
karma_yoga (CSC, California 13th district)

140_takes_4ever (CSC, California 14th district)
tombaan (TSC, )
ayansgp (TSC, Georgia )
goastros (TSC, Virginia)

Volunteers for core team:
smita_goyle (VSC, )
shsa (NSC, )
andy_2000 (NSC, Ohio 2nd district)
tr22 (TSC, )
taj72 (TSC, )
srvimmi (TSC, )
allsucks ( ,Philadelphia)

4. I'm a male / female

srvimmi
1.Overland park, Kansas 66210
2.I-485 RD 10/01/2001 ND 11/07/2001 FP : 03/12/2003 AD : ????
3. I would like to involve in activities related to legal action and lobbying congress.
4. Male
5. Indian, India

Debates

dsatish male indian. Location : NJ (don't know the district. I am still a resident of VA district 7). I am more interested in lobbying congress than the legal action. How ever we need to debate all these issues. Only through debates, we realize the validity or fallacy of our belief. So we may start with one argument but if one is truely balanced person, then we might shift our stance at the end of the debate. So i request every one to be open minded during debates.
Now that we have a team, we need to start working. The most important things that we have to decide are : Are we going to recommend any minimum value for the contributions ? What are our priorities for spending the money ? If we decide that our highest priority is meeting the congress men (influencing them), then how are we going to do that ?

Shall we start debating ther issues ? I don't think debating needs any waiting . Let us take one topic per day to debate.

Sample debating topics :
-------------------------------
1) Are we going to suggest any minimum amount for contributions from the people in this forum ?
2) What is our top most priority (once we collect funds) ?
3) How is our team going to take final decisions ?
4) How are we going to function as a team ? Is it just by exchanging postings in this forum Or teleconference sessions or regional meetings ? In case of regional meetings, we need regional coordinators. We also need to appoint some people as convenors for different actions (yjay for finance, edison for general actions, xxxxx for legal actions, yyyy for meeting congress men, zzzzz for organizing debates etc).

karma_yoga India CA - 13th district Male
I-485 pending 5/22/2003 at CSC

I would like to involve only in activities related to lobbying congress. (for now)

karma_yoga

Re: Debates

Originally posted by dsatish
dsatish male indian. Location : NJ (don't know the district. I am still a resident of VA district 7). I am more interested in lobbying congress than the legal action. How ever we need to debate all these issues. Only through debates, we realize the validity or fallacy of our belief. So we may start with one argument but if one is truely balanced person, then we might shift our stance at the end of the debate. So i request every one to be open minded during debates.
Now that we have a team, we need to start working. The most important things that we have to decide are : Are we going to recommend any minimum value for the contributions ? What are our priorities for spending the money ? If we decide that our highest priority is meeting the congress men (influencing them), then how are we going to do that ?

Shall we start debating ther issues ? I don't think debating needs any waiting . Let us take one topic per day to debate.

Sample debating topics :
-------------------------------
1) Are we going to suggest any minimum amount for contributions from the people in this forum ?
2) What is our top most priority (once we collect funds) ?
3) How is our team going to take final decisions ?
4) How are we going to function as a team ? Is it just by exchanging postings in this forum Or teleconference sessions or regional meetings ? In case of regional meetings, we need regional coordinators. We also need to appoint some people as convenors for different actions (yjay for finance, edison for general actions, xxxxx for legal actions, yyyy for meeting congress men, zzzzz for organizing debates etc).

dsatish,

Take your time to locate the Lincoln tunnel, the Washington Bridge and buy your first Star Ledger. Find the other NJ active members and coordinate with them. Find the Senators and the influential Congressmen as well as important Indian people in NJ.
Your questions will be debated. What district are you in?

Rajiv reply at project Symphony at CSC center thread.

http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=103382

Rajiv and his is working on a special software that will help us to organize our efforts. What we need now is some sort of "project management" features as discusson forum is very difficult to use for action as people gets lost in threads. please visit the above thread to get a copy of doc that Rajiv provided about the software project.It is still in development.

Thanks
karma_yoga

########################################
Re: A high level executive summary of the project

quote:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by operations
is attached.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks Rajiv.

I have gone through the doc and it looks good. We need to add details of requirements in this doc as we progress.

I don’t know how much time will it take to get it ready completely. Can we have item 7 on the document. i.e. “Monitoring Task.” available soon. The efforts of grass root campaign is catching up and some process to monitor the task can help us a lot to spread it fast. We need to monitor the progress district wise.

It is very difficult to manage such efforts on portal, discussion threads as people get lost in threads.

Thanks,
karma_yoga

########################################

Once Sharamaji registers an organisation for us, let us hire some professional (atleast for 2 months) to work for our firm to help us in the lobbying / meeting efforts. We just need the initial momentum.

Re: Re: Debates

Originally posted by cinta
dsatish,

Take your time to locate the Lincoln tunnel, the Washington Bridge and buy your first Star Ledger. Find the other NJ active members and coordinate with them. Find the Senators and the influential Congressmen as well as important Indian people in NJ.
Your questions will be debated. What district are you in?
Thanks Cinta. Any way, i lived in NJ before for 18 months (my daughter was born there only). From tomorrow, let us start debating the issues one by one.

Re: Re: Re: Debates

Originally posted by dsatish
Thanks Cinta. Any way, i lived in NJ before for 18 months (my daughter was born there only). From tomorrow, let us start debating the issues one by one.

dsatish,

from the indian american leadership initiative,

assemblyman Upendra J. Chivukula, second term in central jersey.

try find him and make connections with him to the Congressmen of NJ.

Consider me NJ also as I lived there more than 15 years...

Re: Re: Let me know if we can help

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by karma_yoga
Thanks Rajiv,

We will need your advice and help soon.
I guess, we will wait for few more days till we get good number of Volunteers. Then the volunteers can discuss about the course of action to follow.Off course, Project Ocean will be the first one on priority. I imagine, this will lead us to a place, where we have a step by step guide to follow for any newcomer, volunteers will provide details about their work in local district and upcoming activities in district, volunteers will vote about new set of action to be followed. etc. Whatever we want to do will be collectively decided by the group.

And many thanks to you for providing us a forum to discuss and unite.

Regards,
Karma_Yoga
From 13th District from California.

We are actually developing a software to help you folks with this. Arvind, Monica, would you like to comment here for these folks?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Action team and Rajiv,

Should we get Microsoft project enterprise edition free or with concession (like for educational institute) for a non profit org? will this work for us?

http://www.microsoft.com/office/project/howtobuy/epmpricing.mspx
Any body from Microsoft take a stab at this?

This software or similar will help us to coordinate our efforts.
comments Rajiv? Can Arvind, Monica provide us details of development at your end ?

We are loosing lots of action and energy and many new potential volunteers, going through threads and threads and threads.....

Karma_yoga
Just my opinion

Code:
List of Volunteers: (list is compiled from various volunteers list)
V NJ 00 smita_goyle      
V ZZ 00 karns   
V VA 00 ramss         
N ZZ 00 shsa
N ZZ 00 curryus
N ZZ 00 andy2000
T ZZ 00 tr22    
T GA 04 taj72   
T ZZ 00 srvimmi 
T ZZ 00 allsucks

C CA 13 kadamtal
C CA 13 karma_yoga
C CA 14 140_takes_4ever
C CA 14 kashmir
C CA 15 c610
C CA 15 kuldeepc
C CA 16 rk4gc
C CA 24 westlakeuser
C CA 41 ganshm
C KS 03 srvimmi
N MI 11 GCJhalak
N MO 03 hidden_dragon
T TX 21 tr22
V MI 09 Edison
V NJ 06 rajum
V NJ 06 tamilpayyan
V PA 06 cinta
V PA 08 PhillyKP

Code:
[SIZE=3][B]
Core team list:

V MI 09 Edison    
V NJ 00 dsatish          
V VA 00 Yjay             
V MA 00 Raj Chandra      
V CO 00 sanju13          
V GA 00 frantic          
V CA 13 kash777          
C CA 14 Kashmir          
C CA 16 rk4gc            
C CA 13 karma_yoga       
C CA 14 140_takes_4ever  
T TX 00 tombaan           
T GA 05 ayansgp           
T VA 00 goastros         

Some prefer to involve only in activities related to Lobbying Congress.
[/B][/SIZE]

Spread sheet

Guys,
If we are going to create Senator's database (from Rajiv's Doc).Do we still need that spread sheet which I am planning to create?
Cinta,
If you are planning to do anything in PA please consider me as a volunteer.

Re: Spread sheet

Originally posted by allsucks
Guys,
If we are going to create Senator's database (from Rajiv's Doc).Do we still need that spread sheet which I am planning to create?

allsucks,
Please goahead with your spreadsheet plan since Rajiv's advocacy software launch might take about 6 months to 1 year.