Who want to be part of action team

Current Core team list:

Edison (VSC, Michigan 9th district) - Actually MI comes under NSC
dsatish (VSC, New Jersey)
Yjay (VSC, Virginia)
Kashmir (CSC, California)

Originally posted by smita_goyle
Dear Freinds,

I think "vidongre" is also playing an active role.

I agree with both Dsatish and Edition to must include the 5 names suggested by Dsatish and expand it to 10 that includes members from 4 service centers.

Well there is no problem in having more members from VSC group in the 10 members list.

Please include me only if you guys dont get any more members.

I think once the core team is formed..then the core members needs to release their email_id's so that silent members may directly contact with them. (As you know silent members needs little bit of stack operation(PUSH/PULL)).

I prefere a small town hall meeting in Edition,NewJersey either this weekend or next.

thanks
Sg

Guys,

My opinion: Make it 10 people from all Service Centers. Include at least one or two women based on statistical figures of this forum. If possible make it multi-ethnic. The majority of people in this forum maybe Indian, so make an effort to include a broader segment. Say a European, an Asian, a Hispanic, etc..
Wrt to women, where are they? Take an example
from, https://www.now.org/foundation/donation.html, and how contributions are made. Examine the tax-deductability also.

California - Re: Wake Up and go full blast

Originally posted by dsatish
... I think rk4gc, sanju13, iansgp, smita_goyle, karma_yoga etc are the candidates for the remaining 2 slots. ...

Core 7 team
----------------
edison
dsatish
yjay
kashmir
cinta
My pleasure for nomination, but I recommend the following two guys from Califronia rather than me (kashmir - CA 14) :
rk4gc - CA 16
karma_yoga - CA 13

I am not a right person because I just started some activities in California to change the current terrible situation and because I am not so interested in working within such an organization right now.
However, if we have 3+ slots from CSC forum, I may accept it.
-kashmir

Thanks Satish for your continuous efforts for so long on this.

I think you are tired too much by now and some body else should continue from now on.

Any volunteers ? or Suggestions ?

I'll be glad to be a volunteer for the core team though I think Kashmir is the right person from CA.

But please remember that, I'm a fresh I-485 applicant with I-140 yet to be approved.

So, if we think only those waiting for 1 or 2 plus years is a better person for representing our effort/organization then I'm not the right person.

On the other way, to continue these efforts even after few of the core members approved (you know miracles do happen :)), having fresh I-485 helps continuing the effort.

Either way I'll support this effort. And I too recomend "karma_yoga - CA 13".

Are we still stick to the duties posted by Manumahi in this thead or if there are any new duties/reposibilities..

I hope Edition/Dsatish/Kashmir and others please draft the responsibilities.

It seems like Cat and Mouse story.. (Who will tie the bell to Cats Neck)

The idea is good to sue the BCIS but why do some member(s) hasitate to join in the action team...??. I hope they should not behave as a catalyst ratherthan activily participating.

Anyway even with at least 4 members we can do somany things...

thanks
Sg

Originally posted by rk4gc
I'll be glad to be a volunteer for the core team though I think Kashmir is the right person from CA.

But please remember that, I'm a fresh I-485 applicant with I-140 yet to be approved.

So, if we think only those waiting for 1 or 2 plus years is a better person for representing our effort/organization then I'm not the right person.

On the other way, to continue these efforts even after few of the core members approved (you know miracles do happen :)), having fresh I-485 helps continuing the effort.

Either way I'll support this effort. And I too recomend "karma_yoga - CA 13".

Yes. It is right choice. Atleast you will be in team for 2 years then.
The other people who are on verge of getting, may get GC before the first dollar is collected :D:D and just disappear ! from this forum

Been waiting for 13 months (but it seems like forever). I am totally tired of this wait, and can spare some time to work on this. If there is space I would like to volunteer for the action committee.

CA-14

Last edited by a moderator:
When I think it is a timing, I will go to the court even alone, however, my current focus is the Legislative Branch for a while.

Also, I am pretty busy for several activities In San Francisco Bay Area, so I have no time to write a draft of document about responsibilities or duties.

In California, there are three right persons for the core action team, better than me.
rk4gc
karma_yoga
140_takes_4ever

I believe thay can do better job in the core action team than me.
-kashmir
Originally posted by smita_goyle
Are we still stick to the duties posted by Manumahi in this thead or if there are any new duties/reposibilities..
I hope Edition/Dsatish/Kashmir and others please draft the responsibilities.

It seems like Cat and Mouse story.. (Who will tie the bell to Cats Neck)
The idea is good to sue the BCIS but why do some member(s) hasitate to join in the action team...??. I hope they should not behave as a catalyst ratherthan activily participating.

Anyway even with at least 4 members we can do somany things...
thanks
Sg

Originally posted by kashmir
When I think it is a timing, I will go to the court even alone, however, my current focus is the Legislative Branch for a while.

Also, I am pretty busy for several activities In San Francisco Bay Area, so I have no time to write a draft of document about responsibilities or duties.

In California, there are three right persons for the core action team, better than me.
rk4gc
karma_yoga
140_takes_4ever

I believe thay can do better job in the core action team than me.
-kashmir

kashmir,

Whatever you decide to do you are doing an excellent job. In many respects more important than the Backlog petition itself. The fellows eith the GC will realise this when they try to penetrate the core of US companies and society. Then everybody will really appreciate CITINZENSHIP.

Kashmir,
I said core team should have atleast 2 from each service center but not restricted to 2. Also core team should comprise of the memebers who contributed to backlog issue till now. Core team responsibilities is not restricted only to law suit, It includes all our activities including contacting Congress.

So I request you to join our core team along with other active members from CSC.

Current Core team list:

Yjay (VSC, Virginia)
Kashmir (CSC, California 14th district)
rk4gc (CSC, California 16th district)
karma_yoga (CSC, California 13th district)
140_takes_4ever (CSC, California 14th district)

Volunteers to join core team:
smita_goyle (VSC, )
shsa (NSC, )
NSC -?????
TSC - ?????

Core team should have atleast 2 from each service centers. It should be diversified ethnic group. Also team should have both men and women.

Pledge Drive?

I realise that there is no point in starting to collect money before Rajiv gets back to us with an estimate and sets up the accounts to facilitate money transfer.

But, we could always start a pledge drive. There is no maximum number to the amount of money we should collect, instead of letting this fire die down, we can channelize it towards pledging funds. That will give us a good idea as to how much we can aim for in the long run, as well as give us a foundation from which we can establish some sort of informal rules for the donations.

I think it is ridiculous to set compulsory targets on the basis that any amount of money collected is welcome, if we exclude the people who are interested in contributing, but may not be able to contribute to the fullest extent, we are doing an injustice to our cause. With our informal limits we can always request those who can contribute to contribute till it hurts!

I am willing to participate in core action team, if it is alright with the group.

The “ultimate cause” for which we unite is much bigger than any individual, any website, any forum and any thread.

Thoughts on some key points:

1. I wish we should have equal participation from 4 service centers, men and women.

2. Currently we have 2 action items to work on for the core team. One is Project Ocean and other is Law suite.

3. What needs to be done is almost defined for “Project Ocean”. We have step by step action plan what to do for Project Ocean. The effort needs to be replicated in each congressional district, under a common banner.

4. Project Ocean do not need any permission/consultation from company for which we work or the law office who is processing our Green card stages.

5. Law suite is a very good idea to get “attention”. Personally I doubt if it can give us green cards just because we sued. But still “Good visibility” should be our first aim if it can deliver.

6. Very important: Will we get good publicity or bad one? The last thing we want at this time is wrong attention. Looking at the current situation of outsourcing and hatred towards us, I personally do not think, Law suite will give us good attention at *This time*. We need our efforts to be seen by *right people*. At this stage, I believe, face to face interaction with 435 congressman and 100 senators we should focus on. They understand our issues. My guess is, they will work with us if we approached them face to face, under a common banner, showing our unity. I doubt if they will favor us in their “public speeches”. But we should read and listen *through* the speech and not around it.

7. We have to set priority for law suite or pushing project Ocean. I think law suite is what we ourselves “deserve” at personal level. We have been neglected, and we deserve justice. But think for a moment out of self. Will that be good for the *ultimate cause* for which we unite?

8. Illegal employees of Walmart are suing. That may be good for them. They have nothing to loose at this stage, even if they attract bad publicity. But we have.

9. The law suite may give a good publicity to some law firm and lawyers. But As I said earlier, the “ultimate cause” for which we unite is much bigger than anything.

10. Collecting money is just 1 % of the job. Generally we have tendency to think that, once I paid, I did my job. Paying relieves us from that sense of social responsibility which has driven us so far till this core action team. This is America. Everybody has money. And anybody can sue anybody. But how many grass root organizations do we have with well knit network of volunteers to work with every decision makers of the congress?

11. My understanding is “Law suite” course of action will need some sort of approval from the company for which we work and from the law company who is processing our green card. We need to find out that *requirement* first before we start collecting funds for law suite. In our own best self interest, we should follow the advice of the company and HR on this requirement. Remember, First we have to take care of our self and our family. If we fail at that family front, we can not help any cause.

12. The politics understand MONEY and VOTE. Money we can give only after
Green Card. ( Rule for political contribution). Vote we can give only after
Citizenship. Project Ocean instantly creates both these interests in a politician.
We get instant *good attention*. The unity highlights that we are demanding and
not begging.

These are my opinions. I will give my best efforts for any course of action that this team decides.

Karma_Yoga
From 13th District of California.

Updated Core team list

Current Core team list:

Yjay (VSC, Virginia)
tombaan (TSC)

smita_goyle (VSC, )
shsa (NSC, )
NSC -?????
TSC - ?????

Core team should have atleast 2 from each service centers. It should be diversified ethnic group. Also team should have both men and women.

tombaan from TSC

Originally posted by tombaan
i would like to be the member from texas. like i said anybody can talk but u will not see much effort to join
also btw i am a cpa too...so maybe that would count:eek:

Current Core team list:

Yjay (VSC, Virginia)
tombaan (TSC, )

smita_goyle (VSC, )
shsa (NSC, )
NSC -?????
TSC - ?????

Karma_yoga,
Our current focus is not only on legal action against USCIS but also we are active in Congressional campaign for GC processing delays.
Let us focus on forming a core team and move ahead. We have been discussing for last 3/4 months. So it's time for next step.
In meantime you can wake up the sleeping members by explaining them the advantages of grass root campaign.

140_takes_4ever,
If you check the poll to sue USCIS, you can see that 76% of 179members (136 members) would like to pay for law suit. But when we start fund collection then lot of people of join our efforts. If we start pledge drive now everyone here will start commenting we will be discussing forever. I prefer not to hear such comments, so let's move ahead.
In meantime you can wake up the sleeping members by telling them about the advantages of law suit (just start new thread in all the forums for this).

Current Core team list:

Yjay (VSC, Virginia)
tombaan (TSC, )
ayansgp (TSC, Atlanta )

smita_goyle (VSC, )
shsa (NSC, )
tr22 (TSC, )
NSC -?????
TSC - ?????

Re: Pledge Drive?

Originally posted by 140_takes_4ever
I realise that there is no point in starting to collect money before Rajiv gets back to us with an estimate and sets up the accounts to facilitate money transfer.

But, we could always start a pledge drive. There is no maximum number to the amount of money we should collect, instead of letting this fire die down, we can channelize it towards pledging funds. That will give us a good idea as to how much we can aim for in the long run, as well as give us a foundation from which we can establish some sort of informal rules for the donations.

I think it is ridiculous to set compulsory targets on the basis that any amount of money collected is welcome, if we exclude the people who are interested in contributing, but may not be able to contribute to the fullest extent, we are doing an injustice to our cause. With our informal limits we can always request those who can contribute to contribute till it hurts!

To this extent I had put some ideas on the table for a public discussion. Let me say that once you assemble a team you can refine some informal rules for contribution. Besides, everybody should have a voice in a mature, professional way to express opinions. There are several variables that need to be squared in: The marital status, number of kids, the length of time for waiting, etc..Voluntary is offcourse voluntary, so we will see.