Who want to be part of action team

Core Team

Great. So let's have YJay as chairman of finance committee and edison as chairman of core team. Let's ROLL from now. I request dengdeng to join our efforts. His terrific energies can be of great help. All the members in all the teams formed by Manumahi will be members of core team . Actually we may not need to restrict the core team to 7 people. We can have 15 people. But if we want to take any decision, we have to formulate some sort of rule. I would suggest that let us have one conference call among the core team members to discuss what we want to do and how we will finalise the decisions. I will try to arrange a conference call. Till we have a clear cut team and defined rules, i will continue to be actively involved and lead this effort along with yjay, edison and kashmir.
YJay,
I think we should leave the account opening and maintaining business to Rajiv. Once the fund is established, you will be the sole person who will have power to draw money from the fund (to pay for our legal and lobbying efforts).
One more thing, let us not waste any more time in asking people about how much they want to contribute. Let us just start sending checks. It will give momentum to our efforts. How many threads we want to create just asking people about their opnion about if they want to contribute, how much they will contribute etc. I will tell the same thing to Rajiv and let's start collecting money. I have some big ideas about what we can do with the money and and i will come out with those ideas by today evening.

I got a project

Forgot to tell you guys. I got a project (job) today. I will be joining the new assignment on next Monday. The new job is at Newyork. I will stay in Newjersey. I thank people like manumahi, pingong02, umyal etc for their wishes.

Congratulations! guys, finally the effort is taking shape, though I filed my I-140 and I-485 recently (ND Aug 4th 2003 and I-140 is still pending) and possibly not eligible for class action law suit, I can be an active member from CSC.

Ofcourse, I commit to a contribution of $200.

btw, that brings up the question, have you decided the eligibility for the plaintiff of this class action law suit.

rk4gc,
you will definitely be one of our most valuable members. We will spend the money not only for law suit, but also for reaching out to the congress men (not lobbying, i know that we can't do that directly). We can also try to reach out to BCIS officials through a lawyer. You may not be eligible for part of law suit, but our over all effort should result in better speed of processing our applications.

CONTRIBUTIONS

Guys,

As I said on top thread: Decide about eligibility for join. Once that is decided then the MINIMUM contribution should be as follows:

SINGLE: $500.00
MARRIED: $1000.00
MARRIED with ONE KID: $1500.00
MARRIED with MORE KIDS: $2000.00

People who may not be eligible to join can CONTRIBUTE any amount above $100.00. Donations below this amount would and should not be accepted. As I said, $100 does not buy a dinner for two.
Note: A lot of us spend from our money in visas and lawyers fees and all the expenses that companies would never cover. I paid $1500.00 for premium H-1B visa processing for example. What a waste! I am spending more than $2000.00 to upgrade my home office to better facilitate objectives. So let us all upgrade the amount and show the indended recipients that we are serious enough to continue, otherwise is like shopping for rice at your ethnic store...

May be this attorney could help as well

I read about this attorney in a news paper.

George Willy Phone 281-265-2522.
Their firm offers free 30 minute consultation on Thu by appointment.
Looks like under Clinton Administration the White House regularly briefed and consulted with this attorney on immigration and south asian matters.

Also looks like former INS Director Richard Cravener is an advisor in his practice.

So perhaps he could help us on our law suit as well.
Any of you immigration experts can call him to find out.

Re: CONTRIBUTIONS

Originally posted by cinta
Guys,

As I said on top thread: Decide about eligibility for join. Once that is decided then the MINIMUM contribution should be as follows:

SINGLE: $500.00
MARRIED: $1000.00
MARRIED with ONE KID: $1500.00
MARRIED with MORE KIDS: $2000.00

People who may not be eligible to join can CONTRIBUTE any amount above $100.00. Donations below this amount would and should not be accepted. As I said, $100 does not buy a dinner for two.
Note: A lot of us spend from our money in visas and lawyers fees and all the expenses that companies would never cover. I paid $1500.00 for premium H-1B visa processing for example. What a waste! I am spending more than $2000.00 to upgrade my home office to better facilitate objectives. So let us all upgrade the amount and show the indended recipients that we are serious enough to continue, otherwise is like shopping for rice at your ethnic store...

Guys,

I gave the figures above as an attempt to UPGRADE not only your pocket books but also your SOULS. A lot of fellows on this forum have a marginilized attitude towards solving problems. They would rather have a couple of people doing the work for ALL. That is not the correct attitude and this is reflected in the willingness to contibute the right amount of money as well as efforts. Here is another variable that needs to be inserted into the equation. Depending on the ND of the I-485, there should be the proportional amount contributed. People who wait for two years, they shouldn't contribute the most. People who are fresh in the queue they should contribute the most. We need a scale factor, like 0-3 months, 3-6 months, 6-9 months, 9-12 months and above a year.
We need to develop a fair policy so Rajiv can also make money! This is what the US is all about. make money and SPENT IT on worthy causes! And not trying to get away with $100 dollars - go buy windows 95 instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Core Team

Originally posted by dsatish
Great. So let's have YJay as chairman of finance committee and edison as chairman of core team. Let's ROLL from now. I request dengdeng to join our efforts. His terrific energies can be of great help. All the members in all the teams formed by Manumahi will be members of core team . Actually we may not need to restrict the core team to 7 people. We can have 15 people. But if we want to take any decision, we have to formulate some sort of rule. I would suggest that let us have one conference call among the core team members to discuss what we want to do and how we will finalise the decisions. I will try to arrange a conference call. Till we have a clear cut team and defined rules, i will continue to be actively involved and lead this effort along with yjay, edison and kashmir.
YJay,
I think we should leave the account opening and maintaining business to Rajiv. Once the fund is established, you will be the sole person who will have power to draw money from the fund (to pay for our legal and lobbying efforts).
One more thing, let us not waste any more time in asking people about how much they want to contribute. Let us just start sending checks. It will give momentum to our efforts. How many threads we want to create just asking people about their opnion about if they want to contribute, how much they will contribute etc. I will tell the same thing to Rajiv and let's start collecting money. I have some big ideas about what we can do with the money and and i will come out with those ideas by today evening.

Yes I agree with you. my Number 913-315-4046(Desk) 913-481-3147 Mobile. svedere@yahoo.com. Please let me know the conference call Info

Cinta

Calm down, let the team decide the contribution amount/rules, consulting with attorneys. Try not to insult people willing to contribute $100. Please don't come up with complicated formulas like BCIS. ;)

Please let me know how to contribute.
I think we should not make fun of people who are willing to contribute 100 or 200. We have to take everyone with us.
One has to remember that this is a voluntary effort and so whatever amounts comes is good.

-rajum

Re: Cinta

Originally posted by ayansgp
Calm down, let the team decide the contribution amount/rules, consulting with attorneys. Try not to insult people willing to contribute $100. Please don't come up with complicated formulas like BCIS. ;)

What team are you talking about? The previous one, the current one or the one in the making? We are all part of the TEAM, got it?
What I was trying to do is change the attitude of a lot of people on this forum. I call them PENNY PINCHERS...We do not need them as they are part of the problem not the solution. In my culture, we know how to fight with or without money, and certainly as I pointed before $100 dollars is penny pinching, got it?
As far as my culture here it is CINTA - GREEK.
When we go to dance we throw them on the floor, more than $100 at times..Now you see where I am coming from. We are not PENNY PINCHERS. You do not have to throw your money on the dance floor but at the same time do not give me any lessons about financing potential efforts like this..

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Re: Cinta

I do not see anything wrong with Cinta's formula. The amount can be decided based upon Rajiv's (or any other lawyer's) cost estimate and billing details. What is holding you guys ??
End the discussions and get moving if you want to see anything done this year.

Originally posted by cinta
What team are you talking about? The previous one, the current one or the one in the making? We are all part of the TEAM, got it?
What I was trying to do is change the attitude of a lot of people on this forum. I call them PENNY PINCHERS...We do not need them as they are part of the problem not the solution. In my culture, we know how to fight with or without money, and certainly as I pointed before $100 dollars is penny pinching, got it?
As far as my culture here it is CINTA - GREEK.
When we go to dance we throw them on the floor, more than $100 at times..Now you see where I am coming from. We are not PENNY PINCHERS. You do not have to throw your money on the dance floor but at the same time do not give me any lessons about financing potential efforts like this..

Cinta,
You are right about contribution argument. But people here just go away from this if we start talking about the contribution since nothing materialized so far. Also, lot of people believe that somehow problem will be resolved, the very good example is TSC forum, actually all this efforts should have started from TSC forum since they suffer a a lot than others due to backlog but all this efforts started in VSC forum and CSC forum but only
few from TSC forum actively get involved in our efforts here.

Also lot of people fear backlash and never cared to sign even the petition. I know lot of people who visit immigrationportal.com regularly and aware of all these actions but never cared to sign the petition.

Anyway, Let's decide about that when we hear from Rajiv.

Originally posted by Edison
Cinta,
You are right about contribution argument. But people here just go away from this if we start talking about the contribution since nothing materialized so far. Also, lot of people believe that somehow problem will be resolved, the very good example is TSC forum, actually all this efforts should have started from TSC forum since they suffer a a lot than others due to backlog but all this efforts started in VSC forum and CSC forum but only
few from TSC forum actively get involved in our efforts here.

Also lot of people fear backlash and never cared to sign even the petition. I know lot of people who visit immigrationportal.com regularly and aware of all these actions but never cared to sign the petition.

Anyway, Let's decide about that when we hear from Rajiv.

Thanks Edison,
I wish I knew what the medicine is to alleviate all their fears about everything! From the petition to the Press to the Congress to their Immigration lawyers to their lives..If you know of any good Voodoo doctor maybe we can send them to..

I agree that most TSC applicant doesn't have back bone. Not something you can expect to change overnight.

Cinta,
We are all here for one common purpose and that's GC. So lets not show attitudes and create a difference in the forums. You can pass on your culture to your kids maybe.:p :p :p :p

Compared to the number of folks who visit the other forums the number of folks who visit TSC forums is less, this could be the reason for less participation. Yes I also agree that people from TSC should show the much needed enthusiasm to get see this efforts go through. But now that we have started hopefully a few folks with fire in their bellies will join.

Originally posted by ayansgp
I agree that most TSC applicant doesn't have back bone. Not something you can expect to change overnight.

Cinta,
We are all here for one common purpose and that's GC. So lets not show attitudes and create a difference in the forums. You can pass on your culture to your kids maybe.:p :p :p :p

Why don't you NAME YOURS; maybe it is better than mine and in that case I may pass yours instead. My kids whenever I have kids do not need premature culture advise to the father. You are welcome to join the party and hopefully you do not need voodoo doctor advices. As far as my culture, we passed it to the whole world thousands of years ago and we take no lessons about it from nobody. Got it now? Do not worry, we will work for your GC also! It would be nice to know what you have done so far along with other smarts out there.

Let's be focussed

USCIS survives without any problem because we don't join hands to approach our common problem at USCIS. Our common enemy is backog of Immigration benefits petitions at USCIS and not anyone here. So let's refrain from attacking anyone here.

Please forgive our friends here and let's be focussed on our common problem - Backlog of Immigration benefits petitions.