Who want to be part of action team

edison, 140_ ,
I think that who ever logs in first into the conference call needs the special pass code (different from the pass code that every one else uses). Is any of you going to login at 4.30 or do you want to send that pass code to me by PM ?

OK, talk to you at 1.30pm your time (PST), 4.30pm our time (EST).
It's only 10 minutes left. Let us try to write down some questions if we can.

To other core team members,
Any of you can join the meeting at any time between 4.30pm (EST) and 5pm. here won't be any more postings from me on this.
Thosewho are not from EST, please do not get confused about time due to TIMEZONES difference.

We just got off the conference call with Rajiv, it was an extremely satisfactory discussion about the grounds for the lawsuit and various other topics.

Rajiv explained some of his thinking behind the lawsuit and what he hopes to acomplish from this excercise. He seems to have taken most of our concerns into consideration. At the rate he is progressing towards drafting the lawsuit, we should see some concrete action at a some point of time in the near future.

Rajiv has also requested everyone to post their ideas about the lawsuit, to give him more food for thought. (We are hoping to create a seperate thread for this discussion soon.) This is where people can post the reasons they feel the lawsuit should be filed.

Thanks to everyone who could make it for the conference call, and a special thanks to Rajiv for taking the time to answer our questions.

Let's start again

I wish(belatedly) the core team a very happy new year. Let's have our first conference call of the year (and first post holiday season activity) at 2pm EST / 3pm CST / 5pm PST on Sunday (01/11). Please check the core team yahoo groups Email.

Re: Let's start again

Originally posted by dsatish
I wish(belatedly) the core team a very happy new year. Let's have our first conference call of the year (and first post holiday season activity) at 2pm EST / 3pm CST / 5pm PST on Sunday (01/11). Please check the core team yahoo groups Email.
Thaks for your arrangement, dsatish.
I can join this time.

2pm EST / 1pm CST / 11am PST

Re: Let's start again

Originally posted by dsatish

I am sorry for messing up with timezones. Please see the correction : 2pm EST / 1pm CST / 11am PST.

Mission Statement for IP.org

Hi team,
As i have mentioned in the Email (yahoogroups), i am starting the discussion to finalise our mission statement and bylaws(rules) for the immigrationportal.org (IP.org) . The following is a raw version and all of you have to jump in to refine it.

Mission
---------
1) To help improve all the immigration laws governing legal immigrants, by sending representation to the US congress.
2) To help reduce backlogs for all types of legal immigration
3) To fight all kinds of discrimination against legal immigrants
4) To enable the employment based legal immigrants to obtain citizenship after working here for 5 years (instead of waiting for 5 yrs after GC)
5) To offer financial/legal help to legal immigrants who are victims of wrongful/hasty action of USCIS.

Note : The term legal immigrant was used to mean "Any immigrant
who resides legally in USA and has not yet obtained citizenship of USA".

You guys can copy the above text, modify it and post the refined version. Some one can start discussion on rules and regulations (i will start it later if no one starts it).

dsatish,
Content wise it seems ok. I am not sure on the language but unable to think of a better one.

-rajum

I am not a core team member, but let me know how/what I can do to help.

The agenda seems to be something which everyone should be interested in.

Only if we could make our voice heard at the right places...

Do we need to amplify that legal immigration primarily means EB immigration ? There are enough people out there lobbying for family based immigration.

Originally posted by ficapls
Do we need to amplify that legal immigration primarily means EB immigration ? There are enough people out there lobbying for family based immigration.

I don't think we should narrow down to EB immigration at the mission statement level. May be for all practical purposes, we might be concentrating on EB immigration issues.

-rajum

I think that may not be possible, because different service centres have different # of case officers, and depends on # of cases filed..

Originally posted by hrithikroshan11
Why is Vermont Service center slowest in processing applications?

California and Nebraska are processing EADs for January and February 2004, while Vermont is still processing EAD for November 2003.

California and Nebraska are processing APs for January and February 2004, while Vermont is still processing APs for October 2003.

California and Nebraska are processing 140 for May 15 and June 15, 2003, while Vermont is still processing 140 for May 8, 2003.

Can we add that in the settlement memorandum that they should try to maintain similar response time for all service centers?