Who want to be part of action team

Guys, I think 50K is not huge. If we can get about 500-800 people, I think it is not a big amount for an individual. I think people would definitely contribute more and more as we get more clear of the various steps involved, possible attention and effect of this suit on processing. Just my 2 cents and some encouraging words.

50K is peanuts when covering several 100 people. A simple civil suit can easily cost 1000's.

Originally posted by CoasterRide
Guys, I think 50K is not huge. If we can get about 500-800 people, I think it is not a big amount for an individual. I think people would definitely contribute more and more as we get more clear of the various steps involved, possible attention and effect of this suit on processing. Just my 2 cents and some encouraging words.

sai-2367,
Lets go with the plan. Why don't we contact a good attorney and ask him how much it is going to cost?

Based on that we will know how much to contribute?

We got good active team members like sanju13 etc.,

Very good sign.

sue culture

I am sorry. count me out. Sueing wont help and would only hurt future immigrants.
Have you guys thought about HR3271? See I485 FAQ, and tell me whether we have an oppartunity or not?

Re: sue culture

You were never in.
Originally posted by jaxen
I am sorry. count me out. Sueing wont help and would only hurt future immigrants.
Have you guys thought about HR3271? See I485 FAQ, and tell me whether we have an oppartunity or not?

Re: sue culture

I don't see the logic "suing ....would only hurt future immigrants".

Don't you see how many people have benefited from AC21? Don't you see asylum seekers are getting favorite treatment?

It's not our job to tell you whether we have an opportunity or not. It's our job to figure it out. That's why we are seeking professional advice. What we are saying is we’ll sue if there is a basis. The basis is not defined by you or anyone else on this board but by the attorney(s) who will represent us.

Please don't scare others using the unfound assertion.

Originally posted by jaxen

When are we suing USCIS ?

One of us should talk to AILA / AILF to get their opinion about prospects of suing USCIS . Who is going to do that ?
Let's not break this discussion. Let's keep it alive. Let's not lose hope with any one's comments. I am also disappointed with what the California congress man said to kash777 in the townhall meeting. We should educate them that the need for security does not mean harassing thousands of innocent professionals working here legally. I think that the only way we can pierce these thick skins, is through a law suit.

srvimmi,
Thanks for showing interest. Right now, I don't know what direction we are going.

Earlier I thought of sending petition to VSC director to reduce backlogs. Not found enough support in this forum.

After that pepole decided to sue bcis.

Nowadays I am not hearing any thing.

Sorry to say it like this.

I think people on this forum are in two minds to sue or not to. This kind of indecision dampens the momentum of what ever we trying to doing.

Originally posted by bdkhyd
I think people on this forum are in two minds to sue or not to. This kind of indecision dampens the momentum of what ever we trying to doing.
We are failing to do anything because we are always indulging in debates rather than actions. One action speaks for thousand words. We simply needed to form a team and collect money.Then it's very easy to give wings to our ideas. After a long time, we finally succeded to form a group, but unfortunately we failed to collect funds. Rajiv also did not replied to us when i asked him if he will collect checks for us. People do not seem to realise the power of money. Money can make miracles. Show me the money and i will show you the efforts and movement in our efforts. Unfortunately i am completely locked out in a desperate job search effort, otherwise i could have pushed this issue harder.
One example of what we could have done with the money is, we could have registered a non profit organization and employed a full time Lawyer to fight for our cause. He could have guided us for the lobbying efforts also (in addition to law suit efforts). He could have definitely served a strong notice to USCIS.

Sounds like no one talked to Rajiv on Phone.

May be he is ready to help us if we talk to him on phone.

Satish, I am ready to send money to You Or Rajiv, in case the lawsuit is filed.

Since we are not filing the lawsuit individually, no one should worry about his or her individual case.

Satish did you talk to Rajiv on phone. It might be helpful, if you talk to him on phone. So that words can be put into action.

lycos_999,
I have written a e-mail. Rajiv Responded to that mail. He said Service center directors won't entertain appointments.

Did Rajiv say anything about filing the law-suit.

I think Rajiv may file a law-suit for us if we talk to him.

Everyone can send Money to You or Rajiv directly which ever works out to be the best.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Satish, Manumahi or Edison might be the right people to talk to Rajiv and Collect funds if we are going to file a lawsuit.

And I suggest everyone should send Money to one of You or Rajiv, which ever you guys think is right.