Who want to be part of action team

Originally posted by karma_yoga
I am willing to participate in core action team, if it is alright with the group.

The “ultimate cause” for which we unite is much bigger than any individual, any website, any forum and any thread.

Thoughts on some key points:

1. I wish we should have equal participation from 4 service centers, men and women.

2. Currently we have 2 action items to work on for the core team. One is Project Ocean and other is Law suite.

3. What needs to be done is almost defined for “Project Ocean”. We have step by step action plan what to do for Project Ocean. The effort needs to be replicated in each congressional district, under a common banner.

4. Project Ocean do not need any permission/consultation from company for which we work or the law office who is processing our Green card stages.

5. Law suite is a very good idea to get “attention”. Personally I doubt if it can give us green cards just because we sued. But still “Good visibility” should be our first aim if it can deliver.

6. Very important: Will we get good publicity or bad one? The last thing we want at this time is wrong attention. Looking at the current situation of outsourcing and hatred towards us, I personally do not think, Law suite will give us good attention at *This time*. We need our efforts to be seen by *right people*. At this stage, I believe, face to face interaction with 435 congressman and 100 senators we should focus on. They understand our issues. My guess is, they will work with us if we approached them face to face, under a common banner, showing our unity. I doubt if they will favor us in their “public speeches”. But we should read and listen *through* the speech and not around it.

7. We have to set priority for law suite or pushing project Ocean. I think law suite is what we ourselves “deserve” at personal level. We have been neglected, and we deserve justice. But think for a moment out of self. Will that be good for the *ultimate cause* for which we unite?

8. Illegal employees of Walmart are suing. That may be good for them. They have nothing to loose at this stage, even if they attract bad publicity. But we have.

9. The law suite may give a good publicity to some law firm and lawyers. But As I said earlier, the “ultimate cause” for which we unite is much bigger than anything.

10. Collecting money is just 1 % of the job. Generally we have tendency to think that, once I paid, I did my job. Paying relieves us from that sense of social responsibility which has driven us so far till this core action team. This is America. Everybody has money. And anybody can sue anybody. But how many grass root organizations do we have with well knit network of volunteers to work with every decision makers of the congress?

11. My understanding is “Law suite” course of action will need some sort of approval from the company for which we work and from the law company who is processing our green card. We need to find out that *requirement* first before we start collecting funds for law suite. In our own best self interest, we should follow the advice of the company and HR on this requirement. Remember, First we have to take care of our self and our family. If we fail at that family front, we can not help any cause.

12. The politics understand MONEY and VOTE. Money we can give only after
Green Card. ( Rule for political contribution). Vote we can give only after
Citizenship. Project Ocean instantly creates both these interests in a politician.
We get instant *good attention*. The unity highlights that we are demanding and
not begging.

These are my opinions. I will give my best efforts for any course of action that this team decides.

Karma_Yoga
From 13th District of California.

Karma_Yoga,

Some of your points are legit: Wrt points 4 and 11. This is an interesting situation. I work for a company like no other..I actually pushed them, questioned them, challenged them, ignored them, and always answered back to them. The result is a not so good relationship between myself the HR, the Legal and the immigration attorney. The company delayed my application for about six months and the lawyer added another two months as a gift. So speaking up has a price to pay..I paid that price in more ways than one. My manager gave me an appraisal based on my beliefs and stands not my work performance. The only thing left for them is to lay me off but they still need my skills..six months of searching within the USA and the company of 150,000 people resulted in nothing.

So to make the story short (already long) and some like it very short and provide some insight, YES we have to investigate the COmpany factor and the Lawyer who handles our GC. The good thing is that a majority of people thankfully do not work for a Defense company. Here is a sample of what I get from Legal..

Communication between CINTA and the LEGAL DEPARTMENT OF XXXXXX. Legal had read the article in the paper.

Actually I was interviewed by the Inquirer (see article attached). I do not even how they found my phone number (listed). From yesterday they called my house and this morning PennDot arranged a conference call with the Norristown DMV Director , promising me to call him in advance and go again with the papers (no need to wait in line) including the letter of employment, which I said it may take a few days. They wanted to call the company themselves for it, but I said I could handle it! I do not know if it is the fourth article or something else but I was impressed.
In fact I contacted the Inquirer about the Immigration backlogs and the Government policy and one thing led to another. The reporter I met is a Greek-American which I could tell from her name before I met her. Now this brings us to the following question. As almost nobody can do anything about my GC application, I intend to utilise similar techniques and see where I can go. What I would like to ask you beforehand is "the ground rules". I may initiate contacts with the Press and Congress and push this problem also. Please advise beforehand and I will follow any company rules. Thanks a lot, XXXX

You requested guidance on "the ground rules" for your personal plan to contact US Government officials about the long time for processing your application for permanent resident status (green card).

Employees are free to contact US Government officials about personal matters. CPS-004, Political Activity, section 1.0 encourages employees to participate in the political process, but "employees must understand, however, that their involvement and participation must be on an individual basis, on their own time, and at their own expense".

If you decide to contact INS or Congress about this, you can do so as an individual and as a personal matter but you cannot represent it as being in behalf of XXXXXXXX or leave the person with the mistaken impression that you are doing it in behalf of XXXXXXXX. If you elect to contact someone about this, you are doing this because you personally want them to do something for you, not because XXXXXXX wants the Government official to do something.

On a follow-up phone conversation I was clearly told: If I contact any Congressman or Senator and my company gets an inquiry from them as to why they employ "a foreigner" I am done...

Note: They are have been some cases where members of Congress tried to question and impose regulations on Defense companies not to hire any non-citizens. There is a trend out there expanding to more and more companies, to just hire citizens. In the end the GC will look as obsolete as the EAD today. One more reason to fight for "Project Ocean" also along with the Backlogs.

Last edited by a moderator:

Current Core team list:

Edison (VSC, Michigan 9th district) - Actually MI comes under NSC
dsatish (VSC, New Jersey)
Yjay (VSC, Virginia)
Kashmir (CSC, California 14th district)
rk4gc (CSC, California 16th district)
karma_yoga (CSC, California 13th district)
140_takes_4ever (CSC, California 14th district)
tombaan (TSC, )
ayansgp (TSC, Georgia )
goastros (TSC, Virginia)

Volunteers for core team:
smita_goyle (VSC, )
shsa (NSC, )
tr22 (TSC, )
taj72 (TSC, )
NSC -?????
TSC - ?????

Originally posted by Edison
Karma_yoga,
Our current focus is not only on legal action against USCIS but also we are active in Congressional campaign for GC processing delays.
Let us focus on forming a core team and move ahead. We have been discussing for last 3/4 months. So it's time for next step.
In meantime you can wake up the sleeping members by explaining them the advantages of grass root campaign.

Friends,

Few hours after sending the earlier email with 12 points, I realized that, my approach was bit (or more) harsh. Hit me if I am wrong. I apologize for my aggressive approach. The last thing that I want to do on this forum is to kill any momentum. All the people on this thread are very nice and motivated.
As Edison advised, I will focus on project Ocean and grass root campaign.

But once again, my sincere request to consider at least the point 11.

Regards,
Karma_Yoga

Originally posted by karma_yoga
Friends,

Few hours after sending the earlier email with 12 points, I realized that, my approach was bit (or more) harsh. Hit me if I am wrong. I apologize for my aggressive approach. The last thing that I want to do on this forum is to kill any momentum. All the people on this thread are very nice and motivated.
As Edison advised, I will focus on project Ocean and grass root campaign.

But once again, my sincere request to consider at least the point 11.

Regards,
Karma_Yoga

Karma_Yoga,

I think it is O.K. to post any reservations. People should not be AFRAID about anything, unless their companies do a lot of Government business and thus want to avoid any appearances of conflict of interest. In simple terms is called hypocrisy and racism (GC, Citizen, EAD, applicants).
I posted the sample so that people understand why I chose not be officially in the team..In any case we are ALL here to contribute.

Current Core team list:

Yjay (VSC, Virginia)
Kashmir (CSC, California)

Please count me in from TSC.
srvimmi.
RD : 10/01/2001
ND: 11/07/2001
FP : 02/12/2003
AD : ?????????

Current Core team list:

Yjay (VSC, Virginia)
Kashmir (CSC, California 14th district)
rk4gc (CSC, California 16th district)
karma_yoga (CSC, California 13th district)
140_takes_4ever (CSC, California 14th district)
tombaan (TSC, )
ayansgp (TSC, Georgia )
goastros (TSC, Virginia)

Volunteers for core team:
smita_goyle (VSC, )
shsa (NSC, )
tr22 (TSC, )
taj72 (TSC, )
NSC -?????
TSC - ?????

srvimmi (TSC)

Edison and others,

Whats happening?
Whats next?
Is the Core team finalyzed?

As Cinta and Karma_Yoga suggested we may need to see legal aspects from individual prospective. But I think Rajiv can help us in this regard.

Waiting in first gear.

Originally posted by rk4gc
Edison and others,

Whats happening?
Whats next?
Is the Core team finalyzed?

As Cinta and Karma_Yoga suggested we may need to see legal aspects from individual prospective. But I think Rajiv can help us in this regard.

Waiting in first gear.

I'll check the volunteer list and consolidate the list tonight.

We can discuss those legal issues with Rajiv.

Count me

I'll check the volunteer list and consolidate the list tonight.

We can discuss those legal issues with Rajiv.

Edison,
my name Srini. I would like to become part of your volenteer team.

I live in PA ,Exton area. 30miles from Philly downtown.

Final Core team may look like this

1) Edison (VSC, Michigan 9th district)
2) Dsatish (VSC, New Jersey)
3) Yjay (VSC, Virginia)
4) Kashmir (CSC, California 14th district)
5) rk4gc (CSC, California 16th district)
6) karma_yoga (CSC, California 13th district)
7) 140_takes_4ever (CSC, California 14th district)
8) tombaan (TSC, )
9) ayansgp (TSC, Georgia )
10) goastros (TSC, Virginia)
11) shsa (NSC, )
12) tr22 (TSC, )
13) taj72 (TSC, )
14) srvimmi (TSC)
15) Srini (Allsucs)

Now the core team looks very good. I will be active or volunteer as a second level member just incase if you require my service.

Edition, if possible please stic to the above members.

I hope all the volunteers will release their names etc to at least among the core members.

You all start discuss among coreteam first by conferencing today, Later arrange a conference call with Rajiv sir and Sharmaji this week.

thanks
Sg

Smitha_goyle,
The list you put is too big and also missed some active members
(kash77, sanju13,...)

Let me consolidate and post the list later containing 2 level( one with active mmembers and another with new volunteers).

I already requested Rajiv to start working on Non-profit organization. So thing are rolling.

Edition,

I agree with you, I did not see the other thread posted by you for sanju13/kass777.

you must come up with or put the duties for the Core members and Part2/group2 volunteers.

This gives what we are going to do in comming days and what must be our responsibility.

Also the immigrationportan.org/account opening seems to take little bit of time say another 10 business days or so.

Meanwhile if Sharmaji/Rajiv Sir agrees we all can start contributing the funds, at least for the timebeing we can start sending checks by post, later if immigrationportal.org has ecom facility people can start contributing by CreditCards.

I think by the end of this week , we need to post some kind of status report.

thanks
Sg

Re: Final Core team may look like this

Originally posted by smita_goyle
1) Edison (VSC, Michigan 9th district)
2) Dsatish (VSC, New Jersey)
3) Yjay (VSC, Virginia)
4) Kashmir (CSC, California 14th district)
5) rk4gc (CSC, California 16th district)
6) karma_yoga (CSC, California 13th district)
7) 140_takes_4ever (CSC, California 14th district)
8) tombaan (TSC, )
9) ayansgp (TSC, Georgia )
10) goastros (TSC, Virginia)
11) shsa (NSC, )
12) tr22 (TSC, )
13) taj72 (TSC, )
14) srvimmi (TSC)
15) Srini (Allsucs)

Now the core team looks very good. I will be active or volunteer as a second level member just incase if you require my service.

Edition, if possible please stic to the above members.

I hope all the volunteers will release their names etc to at least among the core members.

You all start discuss among coreteam first by conferencing today, Later arrange a conference call with Rajiv sir and Sharmaji this week.

thanks
Sg

Edison, smita_goyle and the rest of the core team.
Can I suggest again something??
The core members and volunteers should release more information, so we know how the team is made up. Example:

CINTA - PA 6 - VSC - M - GREEK.

Otherwise, there is no way of looking at the team from many angles. If it is difficult to make it diversified along Service Centers, Gender and Ethnic Background, you can keep some positions OPEN and send out invitations to JOIN. You can decide the final number of the team as you go along. Also you can do a distribution along American political lines. i.e. CA is the biggest state, most Congressional districts and probably CSC is the biggest?? SO if it happens to have one more member from CA it should be O.K. Thanks.

Good going team.
As i have moved to a new place, i am getting difficulty in having the internet access. I logged in here after 3 days. Please keep going without waiting for me. I think the core team published by smita is good.
Those from Newjersey : If you think, we should meet, please send me a PM and give your phone number. I will call you on that number and we can plan a meeting.

Spread sheet

Guys,
I am planning to prepare a spread sheet to track with the following fields.
Whom we sent , ( I am putting all Senator and congressman/woman's name in this field. Iam gathering this info from profiles.numbersusa.com)

email
FAX
, Letter delivery ,
Personal Visit ,
Sent by ,
SentDate,
Comments.

Advantages of this spreadsheet is we can track the information whom we communicated whom we did not ..

Any comments/Critics?

Re: Spread sheet

Originally posted by allsucks
Guys,
I am planning to prepare a spread sheet to track with the following fields.
Whom we sent , ( I am putting all Senator and congressman/woman's name in this field. Iam gathering this info from profiles.numbersusa.com)

email
FAX
, Letter delivery ,
Personal Visit ,
Sent by ,
SentDate,
Comments.

Advantages of this spreadsheet is we can track the information whom we communicated whom we did not ..

Any comments/Critics?
Hi, allsucks,
I think it is a good idea.
Here is the list of activities in California as of 11/5/2003.
I will update the list this weekend.
-kashmir
Code:
9/23/2003 kashmir - Dianne Feinstein (CA) - fax - the petition letter 
9/23/2003 kashmir - Barbara Boxer (CA) - fax - the petition letter
9/23/2003 kashmir - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - the petition letter
9/29/2003 kashmir - Barbara Boxer (CA) - fax - the petition and 362 CA singnatures
9/30/2003 kashmir - Dianne Feinstein (CA) - fax - the petition and 362 CA signatures
=
10/6/2003 kashmir - Zoe Lofgren (CA 16th) - fax - petition and 394 CA signatures
10/6/2003 kashmir - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - petition and 394 CA signatures
10/6/2003 kashmir - Mike Honda (CA 15th) - fax - petition and 394 CA signatures
10/6/2003 yih - Mike Honda (CA 15th) - fax - petition
10/6/2003 yih - Dianne Feinstein (CA) - fax - petition
10/6/2003 yih - Barbara Boxer (CA) - fax - petition
10/6/2003 kuldeepc - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - petition
10/6/2003 kuldeepc - Dianne Feinstein (CA) - fax - petition
10/6/2003 kuldeepc - Barbara Boxer (CA) - fax - petition
10/6/2003 1amShantanuA  - ? - fax - petition
10/6/2003 lareds - ? - fax? - petition
10/6/2003 rk4gc - Zoe Lofgren (CA 16th) - fax - petition
10/7/2003 kashmir - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - [color=green]office[/color] - petition and 2,491 all signatures
10/7/2003 kashmir - Zoe Lofgren (CA 16th) - [color=green]office[/color] - petition and 2,491 all signatures
10/7/2003 vg0405 - Dianne Feinstein (CA) - fax - petition
10/7/2003 vg0405 - Barbara Boxer (CA) - fax - petition
10/7/2003 vg0405 - congressperson (CA ?) - fax - petition
10/7/2003 CS485 - Dianne Feinstein (CA) - fax - petition
10/7/2003 CS485 - Barbara Boxer (CA) - fax - petition
10/7/2003 CS485 - Ed Royce (R-CA 40th) - fax - petition
10/7/2003 LC66 - congresswoman (CA ?) - fax - petition
10/8/2003 kashmir - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - petition
10/8/2003 kashmir - Zoe Lofgren (CA 16th) - fax - petition
10/8/2003 Arz - Zoe Lofgren (CA 16th) - fax - petition
10/8/2003 Dadagiri - Mike Honda (CA 15th) - fax - petition
10/9/2003 kash777 - Pete Stark (CA 13th) - [color=green]office[/color] - petition
10/9/2003 rk4gc - Zoe Lofgren (CA 16th) - fax - petition
10/9/2003 rk4gc - Barbara Boxer (CA) - fax - petition [B][color=purple]=> 10/17/2003 LETTER[/color][/B]
10/10/2003 rk4gc - Dianne Feinstein (CA) - fax - petition
10/10/2003 CS485's friends - Barbara Boxer (CA) - fax - petition
10/10/2003 CS485's friends - Dianne Feinstein (CA) - fax - petition
10/10/2003 CS485's friends - Christopher Cox (CA 48th) - fax - petition
10/10/2003 gettingclosernow - Christopher Cox (CA 48th) - fax - petition
10/10/2003 gettingclosernow - Barbara Boxer (CA) - fax - petition
10/10/2003 gettingclosernow - Dianne Feinstein (CA) - fax - petition
10/10/2003 yih - Mike Honda (CA 15th) - [color=green]USPS priority[/color] - petition and all signature (100+ pages)
10/10/2003 budhram - ? - fax - petition
10/10/2003 kash777 - Dianne Feinstein - fax - petition
10/11/2003 rk4gc - Zoe Lofgren (CA 16th) - [color=blue]townhall[/color] - letter [B][color=purple]=> 10/23/2003 LETTER[/color][/B]
10/11/2003 kashmir - Zoe Lofgren (CA 16th) - [color=blue]townhall[/color] - letter [B][color=purple]=> 10/27/2003 LETTER[/color][/B]
10/11/2003 rk4gc - Zoe Lofgren (CA 16th) - [color=blue]townhall[/color] - petition, 2,627 all signatures [B][color=purple]=> 11/3/2003 LETTER[/color][/B]
10/11/2003 kashmir - Zoe Lofgren (CA 16th) - [color=blue]townhall[/color] - petition and 2,627 all signatures [B][color=purple]=> 11/3/2003 LETTER[/color][/B]
=
10/13/2003 kashmir - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - [B][color=red]meeting request[/color][/b] and petition [B][color=purple]=> 10/15/2003 CALL[/color][/B]
10/13/2003 kashmir - Pete Stark (CA 13th) - fax - petition
10/13/2003 ganshm - (R CA 41st) - fax - petition
10/13/2003 kadamtal - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - petition
10/13/2003 spyder - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - petition
10/13/2003 hero123 - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - petition
10/14/2003 kashmir - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - [color=green]office[/color] - [B][color=red]meeting request[/color][/b] and petition
10/14/2003 kadamtal - Dianne Feinstein (CA) - fax - petition
10/14/2003 spyder - Dianne Feinstein (CA) - fax - petition
10/14/2003 hero123 - Dianne Feinstein (CA) - fax - petition
10/14/2003 kadamtal - Barbara Boxer (CA) - fax - petition
10/14/2003 spyder - Barbara Boxer (CA) - fax - petition
10/14/2003 hero123 - Barbara Boxer (CA) - fax - petition
10/15/2002 sri3440 - Dianne Feinstein (CA) - [color=green]USPS[/color] - petition
10/15/2002 sri3440 - Dianne Feinstein (CA) - fax - petition
10/15/2002 sri3440 - Barbara Boxer (CA) - fax - petition
10/15/2002 sri3440 - congressperson (CA ?) - fax - petition
10/16/2003 kashmir - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - [color=green]phone[/color] -
10/16/2002 georgi - Dianne Feinstein (CA) - fax - petition
10/16/2002 georgi - Barbara Boxer (CA) - fax - petition
10/18/2003 kash777 - Pete Stark (CA 13th) - [color=blue]townhall[/color] - petition and 2,827 all signatures [B][color=purple]=> 10/24/2003 LETTER[/color][/B]
10/18/2003 kashmir - Pete Stark (CA 13th) - [color=blue]townhall[/color] - petition and 2,827 all signatures [B][color=purple]=> 10/24/2003 LETTER[/color][/B]
10/18/2003 kashmir - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - [color=red][b]proposal[/b][/color]
=
10/20/2003 kashmir - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - [color=green]phone[/color] -
10/20/2003 kashmir - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - letter
10/21/2003 rk4gc - Barbara Boxer (CA) - fax - reply
10/21/2003 Eager2000 - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - letter
10/21/2003 Dadagiri - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - letter
10/21/2003 yih - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - letter
10/21/2003 CS485 - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - letter
10/21/2003 needneed - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - letter
10/21/2003 kadamtal - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - letter
10/21/2003 rk4gc - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - letter
10/21/2003 withAAAA - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - letter
10/21/2003 waitn2long - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - letter
10/22/2003 kashmir - Don Neufeld (Director, CSC) - [color=green]USPS Certified[/color] -  petition and 2,827 all signatures
10/24/2003 ben2000 - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - letter
10/24/2003 withAAAA - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - letter
10/24/2003 timesa - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - letter
10/24/2003 kashmir - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - fax - letter
-
10/27/2003 kashmir - Dianne Feinstein (D CA) - [color=green]USPS Certified[/color] - petition and 3002 signatures
10/27/2003 kashmir - Barbara Boxer (D CA) - [color=green]USPS Certified[/color] - petition and 3002 signatures
10/27/2003 DF kashmir
10/27/2003 BB kashmir
10/27/2003 DF wittAAAA
10/27/2003 BB waitn2long
-
10/28/2003 BB lisansw ?
-
10/29/2003 DF jeremy_polka (mail)
10/29/2003 BB jeremy_polka (mail)
10/29/2003 DF waitn2long
10/29/2003 DF ben2000 (mail)
-
10/30/2003 none
-
10/31/2003 none
=
11/03/2003 BB wittAAAA - Barbara Boxer - [color=green]USPS mail[/color] - letter
11/03/2003 DF timesa - Dianne Feinstein (D CA) - fax - letter
11/03/2003 timesa - Barbara Boxer (D CA) - fax - letter
11/03/2003 kashmir - Barbara Boxer (D CA) - fax - letter
-
11/04/2003 karma_yoga - Pete Stark (D CA 13th) - [color=green]USPS Certified[/color] - petition
11/04/2003 karma_yoga - Barbara Boxer (D CA) - [color=green]USPS Certified[/color] - petition
11/04/2003 karma_yoga - Dianne Feinstein (D CA) - [color=green]USPS Certified[/color] - petition
11/04/2003 kashmir - Barbara Boxer (D CA) - [color=green]phone w/Julia[/color] -
11/04/2003 kashmir - Barbara Boxer (D CA) - fax - letter
11/04/2003 kashmir - Dianne Feinstein (D CA) - fax - letter
-
11/05/2003 kashmir - Anna Eshoo (CA 14th) - [color=green]phone w/Alis[/color] -
11/05/2003 kashmir - Zoe Lofgren (D CA 16th) - fax - letter