Waiting Asylum decision

I got confused about my current status. Since I got recommended approval and can apply for asylum ead, but I am still an active f1 student. Can I start to work and withdraw my f1? Because I want to make money and maybe continue my student life later such as after 2 or 3 years.

I got confused about my current status. Since I got recommended approval and can apply for asylum ead, but I am still an active f1 student. Can I start to work and withdraw my f1? Because I want to make money and maybe continue my student life later such as after 2 or 3 years.

You still an F-1 student because the recommended approval is not the final decision yet. You have to wait until you get the final decision with final approval of your case. Until then you have to maintain your non immigrant status.

You still an F-1 student because the recommended approval is not the final decision yet. You have to wait until you get the final decision with final approval of your case. Until then you have to maintain your non immigrant status.
I got two different answers. One is ok to withdraw because I am recommended approval and under pending asylum status, legally stay at US. other is no, like what you said to maintain the status until final approval.

I got two different answers. One is ok to withdraw because I am recommended approval and under pending asylum status, legally stay at US. other is no, like what you said to maintain the status until final approval.
I don't think you are under asylum status yet until you get final approval which probably is waiting for your background check to be done, but unless you think your background check will come back with something that shouldn't be, I think you can give up your student status and move on with your life..
Seriously, if there is a problem with your background check they probably won't let you stay on your student status either. And if it comes fine you will get your asylum as well

I said this to be 200% on the safe side. I don’t want you to rush and maybe something bad happens and it might happen by accident ( unintentional).

You can drop from your classes and wait for your final approval if you like. It is all depends on you. Which option you prefer is the option you should pick.

I said this to be 200% on the safe side. I don’t want you to rush and maybe something bad happens and it might happen by accident ( unintentional).

You can drop from your classes and wait for your final approval if you like. It is all depends on you. Which option you prefer is the option you should pick.
Yes, your opinion is safe!

I don't think you are under asylum status yet until you get final approval which probably is waiting for your background check to be done, but unless you think your background check will come back with something that shouldn't be, I think you can give up your student status and move on with your life..
Seriously, if there is a problem with your background check they probably won't let you stay on your student status either. And if it comes fine you will get your asylum as well
Yes, background check may take a long time. I should think about it carefully

I did not receive the decision mail yet. The decision was made and mailed 5 days ago as told by the asylum office. Today is the 6th day and nothing in the mail. The status is still the same with No “fees were waived” which pretty sure is a final denial.

I really don’t like the waiting part of this process.

Hey guys few weeks back i checked my status it said decision is pending and today it says application is pending. Can anyone explain me about this?

Hey guys few weeks back i checked my status it said decision is pending and today it says application is pending. Can anyone explain me about this?

I heard about it before. Someone in this form got such a situation. I guess she was megan or someone

Hello, I am checking my case status on USCIS website. It is now show "Application Is Pending" instead of "Decision is Pending". It was showing "Decision is Pending" and it was changed to "Application Is Pending". I have had my interview 6 months ago so waiting for decision. what do you think? what is mean “Application is Pending” ?
Mine too? Any updates after the change of status?

Try to email your asylum office about the current status of your case. They will let you know if they made a decision or not.
No! Do not do anything. This is normal. Do not do anything. The status changes a million times to different stati...ignore this. This is normal. USCIS servers do this all the time. Sometimes, you can search for your case, and not find it, come back a few days later, you find it. Sometimes, the case status flips back and forth. This has nothing to do with you. These changes usually take place when they update the case. But then again, these are normal changes, they have nothing to do with you. So, don't stress or worry. Use the case status system as reference only, it is not the correct source of truthful information about your case. The best source for information, the correct information is the USCIS local office, or level 2 officer on USCIS phone system. Everything else sometimes give wrong information. Good luck.

Last edited:
I did not receive the decision mail yet. The decision was made and mailed 5 days ago as told by the asylum office. Today is the 6th day and nothing in the mail. The status is still the same with No “fees were waived” which pretty sure is a final denial.

I really don’t like the waiting part of this process.

I’m not sure but wasn’t “fee were waived” for those who are not in status? Cuz you already have a valid EAD. I guess it’s a rare situation we dont have that much people where they’ve been in status and had second interview. I wish people could share their experiences with us if there is any.
Don’t lose your hope you never knew how things might turn out.

I’m not sure but wasn’t “fee were waived” for those who are not in status? Cuz you already have a valid EAD. I guess it’s a rare situation we dont have that much people where they’ve been in status and had second interview. I wish people could share their experiences with us if there is any.
Don’t lose your hope you never knew how things might turn out.

Thanks a lot for your response. I will let you guys know about the decision when I receive it.