Waiting Asylum decision

Finally, I got a final denial with no reasons at all except saying my evidence does not overcome the NOID with no credibility or consistency issues at all.

As you know I am maintaining my status, so how can I proceed further ?

Thanks in advance

Finally, I got a final denial with no reasons at all except saying my evidence does not overcome the NOID with no credibility or consistency issues at all.

Thanks in advance
Sorry about that. How many semester do you have left?
Are you master or PhD student?
You can look for a job and get h1B.

Fee were waived first then decision weas mailed.
However, it quickly changed to decision was mailed from fee were waived.
Like at 8 am was fee were mailed and at 10 am decision was mailed.
Maybe you got the fee were mailed but didn't check your status at that time.
after online status change, how long did it take for decision in mail ?

Thanks in advance
Try H1B don’t give up. Btw which office?

Thanks in advance

I'm so sorry to hear that :((( I wish they could explain more why they denied your case. it's just sad! as everyone said you can still apply for H1b or maybe later you can apply again for asylum and I'm pretty sure next time it will be a better outcome.

you might mention before but may I asked how long it has been since you heard about your final decision after your second interview? thanks!

I have a question so i was a student when i opened an account bank with my student visa and i-20 that time i don't have ssn but now i do so if i didn't give the bank my ssn (i have another bank and i gave them my ssn to build my credit) so the bank that doesn't have my ssn question 1: if i received money should i pay tax for the money that i received or no since they don't have my ssn? Question2: how much money can i receive as a gift yearly without paying the tax for it?

Hi everyone. I have been actively reading-up this thread from the first page for the last 18 months. Though this was not the outcome we expected, my wife to whom I am a derivative and my kids, all received their NOTICE TO REFER, yesterday Monday 08/19/2019.

A few days before, their online statuses changed to "decision was mailed" and "EAD clock is still running" but I noticed that the days count stopped increasing and that made me definitely sure that it was going to be a referral.

The letter noted that "though the evidence shows that you(my wife) had clearly experienced persecution in the past, I (the AO) am not reasonably convinced that your fear of future harm is founded". The officer then noted that they were "referring you (my wife) out of discretion". At best they sounded so unsure of their judgment and at the 2 interviews, they routinely got angry with me in particular and seemed unbalanced sometimes.

We are not in any way discouraged as we know we have a very strong case but we couldn't afford a lawyer at the time and the AO we got was obviously quite inexperienced and very disorganized. They made so many mistakes that we even had to correct them. It was so bad that they taught my family had one application even though we had one for my wife and separate applications for the kids. They had to later send out a different set of acknowledgment letters for the kids after our initial interview and then sent out new invitation letters for interviews for the kids. Hence we all had to attend a second interview. A couple of months later, we received another set of invitation letters for interviews and on getting there, for what would have been the third interview, they said it was in error.

After waiting for another 10months making 18months from our initial application, we then received these referral letters. We are pretty confident that a different AO would have led to a different outcome and with the help of God, we are confident that we will get our approval when we appear before a sincere and experienced judge where we could now be represented by a good attorney. going back to our home country is not an option.

I really want to thank everyone that contributes to this forum. congratulations to everyone who got their grant already and to those who have to wait further, I just want to encourage you to hang in there, as a delay is not denial. hang in there. Success always comes to those who persevere.

Thank you for reading this long post.

I have a question so i was a student when i opened an account bank with my student visa and i-20 that time i don't have ssn but now i do so if i didn't give the bank my ssn (i have another bank and i gave them my ssn to build my credit) so the bank that doesn't have my ssn question 1: if i received money should i pay tax for the money that i received or no since they don't have my ssn? Question2: how much money can i receive as a gift yearly without paying the tax for it?

All income including interest must be reported to the IRS.

If that account is still open, provide them your SSN.

Hey guys! I got an update from my lawyer regarding all the delays for decisions and interviews that happening now. I had my interview in the NJ office and I've been waiting for a decision on my rebuttal since May and my other friends also waiting for their decision and interview. Apparently, NJ office is a ghost town now so basically, no interview going on there, cuz most of AO went to the south (probably south border) to speed up the asylum process down there as thousand new applicants are pouring in that region.

My friend has a question. If she get NOID, will the ead clock run and number of days stop increase, or number of days still increase?

All income including interest must be reported to the IRS.

If that account is still open, provide them your SSN.
What about i am receiving money that is not mine for a family member want. Me to buy something or to give it to someone else like a friend let his family send him a money and he used my bank account to receive the money

Hey guys! I’m new to this forum and have a question that no one can answer: when will I get my decision? My lawyer told me that it might take two months or two years, and I understand that. But maybe some of you can share your experiences. I applied for political asylum in December 2018, had a fingerprint appointment around January 2019, and had my interview in July 2019. I had an interview at a field USCIS Chicago Asylum office in Boise, Idaho. I applied for asylum based on LGBT persecution in my country. The officer seemed really nice and she really was trying to help, whether because she was really nice or because of my age (I’m 17). I had a really strong case with a lot of evidence and country conditions. She never told me to come back for my decision, just told me to wait. What are the chances I’m going to hear from them in the next couple of months, in your opinion?