VSC I-485 RFE Sent and waiting for response TRACKER

Congrats patient_gc! At last we are seeing some approvals. Your wife’s LUD's have changed similar to mine. The RFE response was received on 12/03. Hopefully I should hear something soon.

How big is the problem if birth certificate(BC) produced has late registration. Meaning suppose if we applied I485 in 2003 and the BC has the date of registration birth as 2003. Please let me know. If it is a problem, can we do anything proactively?

As far as I know, it should not be a big problem. All they want is a certificate issued by a proper authority that shows the correct DOB.
And my lawyer told me that INS knows about the state of the Birth certificates issuance in India, where the records are hardly maintained after a certain time has passed

gcwaiter_74 said:
Well, just wishing that I-485's gets approved sometimes work. Refer to my post yesterday where I said that mine will get approved today and guess what, it did get APPROVED today. For a change, I was an optimist and it paid off.

I-485 RFE Nov 9th - Prove legal non-immigrant status
I-485 RFE Recd Nov 18th
I-485 AD - Dec 14th

And more details about my case here:

http://immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?p=1001342#post1001342
Congratulations. I do got same RFE on my I-485, since my company merged with another company and company name was changed. USCIS RFE received date is 11/10. I hope good luck turns to me :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi all
I got RFE on my wife’s application on 11/16. We sent response last week, Today 12/14 status updated saying that they Got RFE response. See my signature for RFE details....

Hope they will touch my file before DEC 31st.

Any idea how many days it’s taking now... I know its tough to answer.... but any guess......

The message:
On December 14, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

It says 365 to 540 days, is it standard message when they receive RFE response.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Received RFE on 11/20.

RFE is about EVL, W2 & Paystubs.

RFE Received by INS on 12/08.

Is there any possibility of transfering case to local office ?

485-12/05/02(RD) 01/05/03(ND)
140 Approved on 02/13/03
PD: 04/01/01

RFE is about EVL, W2 .
RFE Mailed on 12/02.
RFE recived on 12/06.
RFE Received by INS on 12/15.

485 ND ---------------> April 10 2003
I-140 Approved -------> May 29 th 2003
FP 2 Done--------------> Sep 21 St 2004

Dear Friends..
Was thinking how many days it would take for the rfe to be issued..now from the posts of other members i guess it takes between 14-20 days after the last lud..
my luds were 11/04(fp recieived processing resumed), 11/10, 11/11, 12/06,12/07..so i could possibly get an rfe by next week?? ..what do other members think..plss tell..best wishes & ..Heavens Bless us all..

Approved after RFE

Mine was approved on Dec 15th.

RFE Details
=========
Notice Date : Oct 7th
RFE Response Mailed on : Nov 9th
RFE Received Date : Nov 10th
LUD Change : Nov 11 [Messg states that RFE is rcvd on Nov 10]
Approved on : Dec 15th [I got the approval message on the phone]
LUD Change : Dec 16th

Rest of the details are in my signature.

Exactly the same thing happened to my case. The status never changed but RFE was issued. Check with your attorney.

Devotee said:
Dear Friends..
Was thinking how many days it would take for the rfe to be issued..now from the posts of other members i guess it takes between 14-20 days after the last lud..
my luds were 11/04(fp recieived processing resumed), 11/10, 11/11, 12/06,12/07..so i could possibly get an rfe by next week?? ..what do other members think..plss tell..best wishes & ..Heavens Bless us all..

What is the trend of approvals after RFE ?
14 days to a month or something. Just trying to figure out if i can cut in before the end of this year.

yeah they say 540 days... but you have already passed 540 days.

skotha said:
Hi all
I got RFE on my wife’s application on 11/16. We sent response last week, Today 12/14 status updated saying that they Got RFE response. See my signature for RFE details....

Hope they will touch my file before DEC 31st.

Any idea how many days it’s taking now... I know its tough to answer.... but any guess......

The message:
On December 14, 2004, we received your response to our request for evidence or information. It is taking between 365 and 540 days for us to process this kind of case. However because preliminary processing was complete, the remaining processing time will be less than the maximum stated in this message. You will receive a written decision on this case.

It says 365 to 540 days, is it standard message when they receive RFE response.

Thanks