VISA Information for Countries

I am seriously annoyed with the Dutch for this. I've been through a lot of pain having to apply for visas, and only when I don't require going to the Netherlands do they suddenly relax the requirements. It's the story of my life...

Cafe,

It sucks that you had to go through all that. But if you look at the bigger picture, isn't it so much better that asylees who have RTD's don't need a visa to go there? If anything it shows an increasing trend that more and more Schengen countries are coming to their senses when it come to visa rules, etc. I hear Amsterdam is a GOOD time. :)

ISo, so far, the RTD holders are expemt from having to have a visa for short stays for the following countries:

Germany
Netherlands
Croatia
Macau (upon entry)
Montenegro (30 days)

correct me if i'm wrong guys and if u know about any other countries u can add to the list, leave a post!

Slovakia

I emailed Slovak embassy and they said RTD holders don't need visa.

Yes, it is better for everybody. I'm not annoyed that they did it, but just that they did it when I DON'T NEED IT! Hehe.

Amsterdam is BRILLIANT. Definitely make it a point to visit sometime, but leave your normal self behind before you go :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i can't confirm hungary. by the way this list is just RTD on its own, regardless of possessing a green card or not!!

Germany
Netherlands
Croatia
Macau (upon entry)
Montenegro (30 days)
Slovakia

RTD Travel for Asylees

Since Germany and the Netherlands are part of the Schengen Area, does this mean that you can travel the Schengen area without a visa provided you enter Germany or the Netherlands wit your RTD? Or are you restricted to stay in only either Germany or the Netherlands?

This from the Hungarian Embassy Web page and I went to Hungary last Sep on RTD and had no prob getting in...

Croatia, Guatemala, Holy See, Honduras, Hong Kong (the exemption applies only to holders of a “Hong Kong Special Administrative Region”), Iceland, Israel, Japan, Macao (the exemption applies only to holders of a “Regio Administrativa Especial de Macau” passport), Malaysia, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Salvador, San Marino, Singapore, South Korea, United States of America, Uruguay, Venezuela (Please check the country list).

Stateless persons and recognized refugees holders of a Travel Document issued by one of the above mentioned states, can enter without a visa (in case of US Travel Documents: if the annotation: "refugee" or "stateless" figures in the travel document it can be used for travel without a visa. A "simple" travel document without these annotations is not recognized by Hungary, and cannot be used for travel).

You're not allowed to leave Germany, the Netherlands, Hungary and Slovakia to go to other Schengen countries, but people often do, and they don't always get caught. But, it would be at your own risk.

ok so the list is:

Germany
Netherlands
Croatia
Macau (upon entry)
Montenegro (30 days)
Slovakia
Hungary

feel free to add more.

ok so the list is:

Germany
Netherlands
Croatia
Macau (upon entry)
Montenegro (30 days)
Slovakia
Hungary

feel free to add more.

Belgium

DO YOU NEED A VISA?

If you are not a US citizen and you don't know whether you need a visa, check here

Holders of a United States Permit to Re-Enter, need a visa; holders of a of United States Refugee Travel Document do NOT need a visa to enter Belgium. (check with other Schengen countries is you do need a visa to enter)

Belgium

DO YOU NEED A VISA?

If you are not a US citizen and you don't know whether you need a visa, check here

Holders of a United States Permit to Re-Enter, need a visa; holders of a of United States Refugee Travel Document do NOT need a visa to enter Belgium. (check with other Schengen countries is you do need a visa to enter)

that's pretty cool!

Belgium
Germany
Netherlands
Croatia
Macau (upon entry)
Montenegro (30 days)
Slovakia
Hungary

Luxembourg may even be on the list just because of the Benelux agreement. I couldn't find any exact information, though. Either way, it's not likely that you'll fly into Luxembourg directly, and that anyone will even look at your passport there.

australia visa

Hi, I have a plan to go to australia this december and now, my RTD is still in process but for sure i'll get it soon. so my question is can you explain more the process to get australia visa step by step using RTD because i can't find any information use RTD. can you explain to me step by step from the beginning what should i do after i get my RTD and what a document that should ready for visa's proses?and how long it will be take?

thanks a lot for your information.
it's very helpful for me..

Best regards,

w3nie

I've visited Australia on a RTD and again on a RP. They accept both. Once you send your application and supporting documents to their embassy in DC, they quickly turn it around with a visa in a week.

Hello Guys. Has anybody had any experience travelling to Aruba on a GC and RP? Was it a smooth entry into Aruba?

australia visa

Can anyone advice me??
I applied for australian visa last week with my travel document and also all of the paper that they need. But I just got the visa refusal from Australian Embassy. The reason was they think I 'll not come back to America again after go to Australia. Did I miss something?I give all the evidence that they suggest. What should I do? Can someone help me? THank you.

can you exactly give the information about supporting document that I need to submit? Because I just got a visa refusal from them. Thank a lot. I need help.