VISA Information for Countries

Sorry to rehash this issue. I'm headed to the UK next week and have a 180-day, multiple-entry UK visa in hand. I was thinking of perhaps flying to Dublin, RI for a couple of days. Has anyone done that journey recently? I've heard that there's no immigration check between the two islands. Is that true?

Posted by vdostoi1: New Zealand:
Visitor/Transit: Lil bro of Australia, If you have a valid Australian Visa, you can stay up to 30 days.

This is not true. I checked with the New Zealand Consulate and they confirmed that I will still need to apply for a NZ visa, despite having a valid Australian visa in hand.

Anyone ever had trouble reentering US while traveling with RTD? I heard people whose visas were expired and had illegal 'presence' in US for certain period of time before receiving asylum status might have problem reentering USA, is it true? does anyone know about this. please help.
I have a valid asylee status and RTD. but my visa was expired for a while before i got valid stylee status.

Aruba for sure I spoke to the Aruba Tourism Aithority yesterday and they confirm this info but I can't find anything about the Netherland Antilles specially Curacao..

NovIsa for Mexico w/GC and RTD

Hello Guys:
I just spoke to the Mexican consulate in Atlanta and confirm that a GC holder that has an RTD does not requires a visa to visit Mexico....they were very nice on the phone by the way...

Switzerland?

Guys,
What about Switzerland? If I have GC and RTD or RP, is visa required for visiting less than 1 month?

What about Austria?

cheers,
jasonb

I am also interested in knowing about Switzerland. As mentioned previously on this thread, their website says "Switzerland does not recognize the RP. If you hold such a document, you need to apply for a visa." I am taking that to mean that with an RP (even if you have a GC), you need to apply for a visa. If anyone here was able to successfully obtain a visa from Switzerland with an RP and was able to travel there and back without any problems, please let us know.

Thanks!

Lexi

Switzerland now Schengen!

Well, they've done it. Land border crossings have been opened, but airports will only be open in March 2009. GC holders are no longer exempt from the visa requirement, so it now depends on your nationality, al though I'm not sure about the RP/RTD issue.

No GC only RTD, need advise.

Halooo everyone...

my wife (granted asylum) & me (granted deravative asylum) planing to travel with RTD but GC is not approve yet.
my question is:
will we have a problem at the Custom when we travel backto USA? Because before i granted devrative asylum I was out of status for 6 years but granted withholding

thank you for your help and advise

I saw in the original post that Ireland doesn't require a visa... Can someone confirm that? I didn't find anything on their embassy website. I am RTD holder, no GC. Thanks.

By the way, another country you can add to the no-visa list is Croatia. I was going to travel there in 2007, and confirmed it with them over the phone. The following information is taken from their embassy website (it's still current, I just went there and checked):

By way of exception from paragraph 1 of this Article, holders of valid travel documents for refugees or travel documents for stateless persons issued in:

-EEA member states, Principality of Andorra, Principality of Monaco, Republic of San Marino, Swiss Confederation, United States of America, Vatican City State,

do not require a visa for entering the Republic of Croatia and for a stay of up to 90 days or for passing through the national territory of the Republic of Croatia.

One thing they told me though, is that your travel document must be valid at least 6 months, so that's the only reason why I didn't go there (mine was 5 months from expiration at that time).

Last edited by a moderator:
Canada

Just to verify - I have a green card through asylum. My NP is expried. Do I need to have a RTD (my current one is about to expire in a month) to travel to Canada and re-enter back or just my GC is enough? THANKS!

Is it true that you cannot travel on RTD to UAE? I am an asylee and I don't have my GC yet. My NP is still valid and I want to visit UAE in summer. What would be the best option for me? Does this apply to Turkey too?

it actually 30 days:

Article 7

Holders of travel documents issued by the European Union Member States or the United States of America based on the Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees from 1951 or Convention Relating to the Status of Stateless Persons from 1954, as well as travel documents for foreigners may enter, pass through the territory of and stay in Montenegro up to 30 days without a visa.

it actually 30 days:

Article 7

Holders of travel documents issued by the European Union Member States or the United States of America based on the Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees from 1951 or Convention Relating to the Status of Stateless Persons from 1954, as well as travel documents for foreigners may enter, pass through the territory of and stay in Montenegro up to 30 days without a visa.

Did you even read what I wrote?