TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

AC21 Portability before 180 days!!! WOW

Guys:

Got my EAD card...I am EB1C filing concurrently...

So, If I were to leave my job today - could I work elsewhere....

I do not have my I-140 approved or my I-485....

What do you think?:rolleyes:

Unless it is life and death changing job before 180 days is HIGHLY RISKY!! But it looks like you can still do it - AS LONG AS your former(primary sponsor) employer doesnt withdraw/revoke your I140 petition.

READ THIS ARTICLE FROM MURTHY.COM:

The I-140/I-485 are filed concurrently. After 180 days, the I-140 has been neither approved nor denied. The foreign national changes jobs. The employer is displeased and withdraws the I-140 or fails to answer a Request for Evidence. There is no I-140 approval. Rather, there is a withdrawal or denial. In this case, it does not appear that the individual would be eligible for AC21 portability. There is no underlying, valid I-140 to "remain valid" so as to allow for the I-485 approval. Put another way, I-140 approval is needed for I-485 approval, even with AC21.

It should be noted that, in this scenario, withdrawing the I-140 prior to approval is different from revoking it after approval. I-140s can be withdrawn at any time prior to approval. After approval, if the employer no longer wishes to support the I-140, the employer can request that the INS revoke the approval. According to the INS, I-140 revocation after the I-485 has been pending for 180 days should not prevent I-485 approval.

Some important info:
http://www.murthy.com/news/UDportis.html
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_yatmay.html
http://www.murthy.com/news/n_porret.html

Just wanted to let you know that one of my friend has been approved today.

Apr 2002, India, EB3. 485 filing date is some time in 2004. I think. Not sure.

2getgc

had you heard back from your First Lady and Senator inquires?

Yes.I received a letter from FBI. They told me they received letter from First lady on April 16,2007. A review of the FBI's name check program database revealed that your request was received from the USCIS on May 12, 2006. This submission was processed and finalized on May 1, 2007. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, D.C.

I do think First Lady had certain impact on expiditing NC.

Okay Fellows my journey seems to have ended

Got the approval notice today. Haven't received the cards yet. Check my signature below to get the rest of the info. Its been a long and tiresome journey so I wish all of you the best of luck and speedy approvals.

Bobby

Question: I485 case status

Hi,

I just checked a status on my I485 Application on the uscis web site. The
Current Status: Document mailed to applicant.

I was not sure what this status means for I485 application.

Here is my case information:

PD : 06/02
RD: 03/07(EB2 & Concurrent).

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks in avance for your comments.

KMG.

Received Approval Email Today [06/06/2007]

Hi Guys,

My Green card journey has finally come to an end as of today. Last night I had LUD on I-485 petitions and today they approved our cases. :D :D :D

Thanks to everyone on this forum, this website has been a great help, I wish all of you my best hope you all get your approvals soon.

Please answer

How do I know if our cases are stuck in name check? Please see below. Last LUD 03/02/07.

Thanks,

______
EB3:
PD LC 07-13-03
LC approval from DOL: Nov 2006
I-140 approved: this year 2007 (I do not care any more)
___
EB2: through my spouse
I-485/I-140 file jointly with PD: 12-22-2006
I-140 Premium processing approved: 02-12-2007
EAD me: Jan-2007
EAD spouse: Feb-2007
Finger prints both: 03-01-2007
AP spouse: Feb-2007
AP me: still pending. Received a letter transfer from TC to Washington on Feb-07 and another letter notice for this same transfer on April-2007 from TC to Washington.
LUD I-485 03-02-2007
LUD AP 04-05-2007

Yes.I received a letter from FBI. They told me they received letter from First lady on April 16,2007. A review of the FBI's name check program database revealed that your request was received from the USCIS on May 12, 2006. This submission was processed and finalized on May 1, 2007. The results were forwarded to the USCIS Headquarters, Washington, D.C.

Good deal.
When did you send the letter to FL.

another approval

I heard from my friend that he got his NIW approved recently. He filed his NIW 2005 Fall. I think CIS are working on the cases with I485 RD before 2006. So, we, 2006 filers, may still have to wait for a while.

Hi Guys,

My Green card journey has finally come to an end as of today. Last night I had LUD on I-485 petitions and today they approved our cases. :D :D :D

Thanks to everyone on this forum, this website has been a great help, I wish all of you my best hope you all get your approvals soon.

Bobby, Chaw,

Congratulations! Enjoy your freedom!

My adjustment case is pending for more than six months my wife is not with me and I want to apply for her CP (I am the primary applicant) , could someone direct me to the thread for applying for spouse CP with my pending I-485, i remember a discussion about this whole thing .
Thanks in advance.

LC applied -06/06
APPROVED -06/06 ( 8 days)
I-140 applied 08/06
Approval 10/06 (56 days , 10 days after upgrade to PP)
I-485 applied 11/06
Biometrics taken 12/06 (15 days after applying)
NC: not sure ( yes/cleared per four times talking with TSC reps.)
Approval ........????

that's what I thought too.

Almost all of those approvals since June 1st are from 2002-2004 RD cases, as far as the forums info goes. And they do deserve it. Hopefully CIS will start working on 2006 cases sometime this month too.

I heard from my friend that he got his NIW approved recently. He filed his NIW 2005 Fall. I think CIS are working on the cases with I485 RD before 2006. So, we, 2006 filers, may still have to wait for a while.

A pessimist here.

All these cases reported clearing namecheck with FL intervention are within 1 year / around 1 year of I-485 cases. I was wondering , say a case with 2 - 3 years pending namecheck cleared with FL intervention ?

But i do agree there may be no harm just trying this route.

Whaddaya waitin for?

But i do agree there may be no harm just trying this route.

If I were you I would probably do it. Your wait time is already "reasonable" enough to take whatever action you can. Plus, you would lose nothing by writing to FL/congresspersons (except for $ for a stamp, some time to write, etc...). By writing a letter, you would either gain something or would just maintain the status quo. But you certainly would not lose anything or would not make things worse.

Yeah, i am starting the process.

If I were you I would probably do it. Your wait time is already "reasonable" enough to take whatever action you can. Plus, you would lose nothing by writing to FL/congresspersons (except for $ for a stamp, some time to write, etc...). By writing a letter, you would either gain something or would just maintain the status quo. But you certainly would not lose anything or would not make things worse.

And i am more hopeful of receiving letter from FBI ( to possibly clear any communication gaps between FBI & USCIS ) , then who knows other miracles
might happen.

I see a lot of folks who filed the I485 a while back yet have PD that are after mine. Is this a new thing where you have to wait for your PD to be current before filing for the I-485 or was my lawyer just being lazy?

I don't know how lazy your lawyer is....lol, but you, being in the EB3 category, were subject to retrogression. Most likely, the people you're talking about were from the EB2 nonretrogressed countries. See my signature.

I-485 Approved

Just received an e-mail that I-485 Approved. EB2 India PD Feb 2003.
The e-mail says "Approval Notice Sent". Does this mean GC ordered ?

What does the Notice have ?