TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Just received an e-mail that I-485 Approved. EB2 India PD Feb 2003.
The e-mail says "Approval Notice Sent". Does this mean GC ordered ?

What does the Notice have ?

Congratulations. You will get an approval notice in mail soon. In a couple of days you will get another email which says card is ordered.

Can you please post your filing dates?

All these cases reported clearing namecheck with FL intervention are within 1 year / around 1 year of I-485 cases. I was wondering , say a case with 2 - 3 years pending namecheck cleared with FL intervention ?

But i do agree there may be no harm just trying this route.

I have noticed what Prince123 is saying. Those of my friends who filed 2+ years ago, after they wrote to the FL, they got a letter from FBI saying that they have to wait. However, on this forum, those who filed in less than a year, contact FL and get their NC cleared. This is strange!

I am going to write to the FL and my state senator this weekend. I passed all security clearances in 2004 for another 485 application. Last time it took about 18 month. Now, again I am stuck in the namecheck process and I have not even left this country since then. This is so messed up!

Last edited by a moderator:
my details

Priority Date - April 1 , 2002
EB3 , India
SEcond FP 9 May 07
No LUD after case got transferred from VSC to TSC

Same boat

Priority Date - April 1 , 2002
EB3 , India
SEcond FP 9 May 07
No LUD after case got transferred from VSC to TSC

I am exactly in the same boat. PD: Aug 2001. VSC >> TSC LUD 03/15/07. No update in LUD after that. Last FP done on 05/18/07.

Having just filed my I-485 and not even the FP, yet I see people with RD of 2004 and still waiting really scares me. Waiting for the PD to become current was just a mild step compared to the NC delays that so many seem to be caught in.

This cant be good for my heart.

I have noticed what Prince123 is saying. Those of my friends who filed 2+ years ago, after they wrote to the FL, they got a letter from FBI saying that they have to wait. However, on this forum, those who filed in less than a year, contact FL and get their NC cleared. This is strange!

I am going to write to the FL and my state senator this weekend. I passed all security clearances in 2004 for another 485 application. Last time it took about 18 month. Now, again I am stuck in the namecheck process and I have not even left this country since then. This is so messed up!

It is not strange. For people who had been stuck in NC for 2-3 years, their cases were likely to be relative complicate. FBI need more time for deeper investigation. I think FL intervention will only be useful for easy cases. FBI may only spend half hour to review and finalize this case.
Namecheck duration will be another important factor. If NC duration is very short, FBI may not like to viloate processing order since it will be unfair for other people. Of course, time frame of NC for different countries are different.

I was stuck in name check since Feb. 2005. I wrote to the FL around Feb 14, 2007. Got a letter from FBI in mid April that my NC was cleared on April 5, 2007.

Thus, it appears that writing to the FL helps to resolve cases that were stuck in NC for more than 2 years like me as well.

I was stuck in name check since Feb. 2005. I wrote to the FL around Feb 14, 2007. Got a letter from FBI in mid April that my NC was cleared on April 5, 2007.

Thus, it appears that writing to the FL helps to resolve cases that were stuck in NC for more than 2 years like me as well.

That is interesting . Did you attach copy of FOIPA etc ?

Wife's GC approved

Today my wife appeared for the interview at Norfolk office, and her I-485 case was approved, and they stamped her passport with 551 stamp.
To give you some background, my I-485 case was approved on March 8, 2007, and on same day my wife's case was transferred to Arlington Asylum office, but after she withdrew her asylum application, her case was transferred to Norfolk, VA office for interview on March 16, 2007, and yesterday she received an Interview letter for June 8,2007. She has to carry all the evidences to show that we are still married.
So it didn't take too long, before she received the Interview letter. I am sure its just a formality. Hope everything goes well.
Just to add, her namecheck was cleared long time ago.

I wrote a letter to FL and I got the "being processed" letter from FBI. I have been waiting for nearly 10 months on Name Check. And I do know a few other cases with my timeline that got the same results.
So there is nothing that we can generalize this on.

I wrote a letter to FL and I got the "being processed" letter from FBI. I have been waiting for nearly 10 months on Name Check. And I do know a few other cases with my timeline that got the same results.
So there is nothing that we can generalize this on.

I was wondering whether "being processed" means

1. Just sitting on their shelves for an officer to look at the namehits.

OR

2. AN officer is looking to the namehits and being processed.

How frustrating this is.. Don't they have smart systems to weed out good from
bad. This reminds me of no-fly-lists where senators and American nannies are detained at airports, because their name 'sounded' similar to a bad guy/gal.

Another thing, do they investigate with local law officials at the places where one resided ? I have changed my US address 5 times and Indian address 3 times.

Wiat till the immgiration bill passes.

The real fun will start then.
Well if it does, I will start my Canadian Permanent Residency.

The real fun will start then.
Well if it does, I will start my Canadian Permanent Residency.

Hi,
My case dates are very close to yours - with PD 09-2002 and all other dates very close. I am also waiting. Thinking if it is worth writing to congressman / senator / FL etc. or waste of time. best of luck to both of us.

Hi,
My case dates are very close to yours - with PD 09-2002 and all other dates very close. I am also waiting. Thinking if it is worth writing to congressman / senator / FL etc. or waste of time. best of luck to both of us.

I have tried all, but nothing worked so far. I have also directly called FBI and that also failed. Left everything to luck.