TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

I think the immigration bill was killed yesterday!

It will be reintroduced in few weeks again.. and nobody is debating the reduced skilled legal immigrants quota here. My gut feeking is that this bill will be passed by end of this year as next year is the election year. So whoever get out of the mess this year will be the lucky ones.

Document Returned

Hi Guys,

I am losing my patience!
May18th USCIS sent some "document" - after waiting for 3 weeks I got a new message

"Current Status: Notice returned as undeliverable.

On June 8, 2007, the post office returned our last written notice on this case as undeliverable. This can have serious effects on the processing of this case. Please call 1-800-375-5283 to update the mailing address so this notice can be re-sent."

I checked with my post office and they are pretty much sure that they did not send anything back from our address. I have received FP notices, transfer notices from TSC before in this address. I have not moved in the last 2 years. The only thing I can think of is that I had changed attorneys after I filed 485 initially to answer my 140 denial in 2005.

I called Cust. Srvc. and the only thing the lady told me that she will create a new request to resend the document and I will have to wait 45 days before I call back if I do not receive this document...

After waiting all this while this will stink if I do not receive whatever it is they are trying to send me. Any ideas? What can I do?

Ragu001 did you get the document? I know you were expecting something in the same lines. Anyone else in the same boat?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mysterious "document" ??????

Hi All,

As many others did, I too, received "On May xx, 2007 we mailed ..." e-mail from USCIS. The e-mail said call cust svc. if you do not receive it in 30 days. When I called up cust svc, I received different types of responses.

A set of people at USCIS say:
"It was the green card that was mailed. Now you have to apply for I-90 (replacement of GC) without a Fee. Go to our website, fill out I-90 and send it to the service center"

Other set of people at USCIS say:
"Your case is approved. The "document" mailed was green card" They also took some more info like EAC#, A# from me and then created a inquiry request. Then the lady said that she has created an inquiry so that officer at TSC knows about it. Someone will respond in 45 days. If not call back again.

A third set of people at USCIS say:
We do not know what the document was. Your case is still pending.

I am totally confused about all this. I have decided to wait another week or so. However, I was curious if any one on this forum ever received "The Document". I would appreciate if any one has any more info on this.

thank you,
simba

No i was not aware that my Name Check was pending.Came to know only after i took an infopass once my PD became current and had given the FP No 2.

Regards.

Problem

I-485 filed in Oct. 2006 based on prior EB1 I-140 approval.

After waiting 8 months enquired with Congressman. Response was FBI name check pending + visa not available. Second statement was puzzling. Replied to Congressman saying EB1 is current, there should be no problem with visa number. Congressman enquired further and found that 485 categorized under EB2. I-140 clearly says approved for EB1. I cannot be EB2 -- I have not gone through labor certification and have only one I-140 on file.

Congressman offered to help resolve the matter. Asked for I-140 receipt number (company's attorney provided this) and said will contact service center. Few days have passed. Still waiting to hear.

Has anyone heard of such a situation? Very depressed. Any advice welcome.

There was someone else on this board who had this problem. I dont remember the user or the thread where it was mentioned.
However, do contact your lawyer (if you have one) or send a letter to the Service Center, mentioning the facts will all the documents that you have on you.
It should be resolved. Dont worry.

I-485 filed in Oct. 2006 based on prior EB1 I-140 approval.

After waiting 8 months enquired with Congressman. Response was FBI name check pending + visa not available. Second statement was puzzling. Replied to Congressman saying EB1 is current, there should be no problem with visa number. Congressman enquired further and found that 485 categorized under EB2. I-140 clearly says approved for EB1. I cannot be EB2 -- I have not gone through labor certification and have only one I-140 on file.

Congressman offered to help resolve the matter. Asked for I-140 receipt number (company's attorney provided this) and said will contact service center. Few days have passed. Still waiting to hear.

Has anyone heard of such a situation? Very depressed. Any advice welcome.

An approval notice?

I received email from USCIS today:

Application Type: I-485 Application to registe permanent resident or to adjust status.
Current Status: Card production ordered.
On June 12, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be maild to you. If we need something from you we will
contact you.
Is it an approvel notice?

EB-3 China
PD: Nov 1999.
140/485/EAD ND: 8/28/2006.
140 AD: 10/2/2006.
EAD AD: 9/16/06.
AP Applied 9/22/06, AD: 10/11/06.
FP: 9/26/06.

I received email from USCIS today:

Application Type: I-485 Application to registe permanent resident or to adjust status.
Current Status: Card production ordered.
On June 12, 2007, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be maild to you. If we need something from you we will
contact you.
Is it an approvel notice?

EB-3 China
PD: Nov 1999.
140/485/EAD ND: 8/28/2006.
140 AD: 10/2/2006.
EAD AD: 9/16/06.
AP Applied 9/22/06, AD: 10/11/06.
FP: 9/26/06.

Yes, Congrat's

TB skin test

Looks like USCIS is sending RFEs if TB skin test is not done (even if X-ray is done). In my case skin test wasn't done. Wonder if they'll send a RFE. In my case they already sent an RFE for medical, but it didn't mention skin test. Anyone else here whose skin test wasn't done?

rollingstone

I did not have my Skin TB test done. We only had Xray.

Are u stuck in Name CHeck? And what was your RFE on Medical regarding?

Looks like USCIS is sending RFEs if TB skin test is not done (even if X-ray is done). In my case skin test wasn't done. Wonder if they'll send a RFE. In my case they already sent an RFE for medical, but it didn't mention skin test. Anyone else here whose skin test wasn't done?

submitted I485/I765/I131 today

After almost 5 years waiting, finally submitted I485/I765/I131 today.
I was told by lawyer that I could get I485 approved in 4 to 12 month.:)

Thanks Schehrazi,
I got e-mail again this morning says "Approval Notice Sent".:)
Good luck to you and to everyone in this forum.

If the doctor skipped a skin test because you had been previously tested TB positive AND clearly mentioned in I-693 the reason why it was skipped, then chances are good there is no REF. If on the other hand the doctor simply checked "not done" without any explanation why, then REF is on your way.

Of course am stuck in NC. RFE was because some fields in medical form weren't filled in properly.

Then why was it not mentioned as part of earlier RFE? I am sure the IO looked at the medical form carefully because the original omission was so small even I missed it.

If the doctor skipped a skin test because you had been previously tested TB positive AND clearly mentioned in I-693 the reason why it was skipped, then chances are good there is no REF. If on the other hand the doctor simply checked "not done" without any explanation why, then REF is on your way.

So you are sure the doctor just simply checked the "Not Done" box and did not add any note to explain why s/he didn't do a skin test for you?

If that's the case -- I don't know why the IO could possibly miss that.

Then why was it not mentioned as part of earlier RFE? I am sure the IO looked at the medical form carefully because the original omission was so small even I missed it.