TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

Yeah, I know, I just want to know the oppinion of the people here. I will write a letter to the CIS Ombudsman and will let him know about this, I will also encourage all my friends at work who are in the same boat to do that.

After all, at some point this anxiety will take over and will cause health and mental problems. I think our health is more precious than some amount of money.

This of course, does not justify that USCIS or FBI are doing their job correctly, they should have fixed this way before but now that they are doing nothing, I think we should suggest them to do such a thing.

I would be grateful if other people can post their oppinions as well.

Thank you

your idea is good, but also FBI is understaffed. so if they go with ur proposition, the backlog will increase more , if you think about it. so don't expect anything to be done about that soon.

it can be done , if they already hired more people and trained them, otherwise it takes forever to make those changes in this rusted,slow motion, bureaucratic system.

your idea is good, but also FBI is understaffed. so if they go with ur proposition, the backlog will increase more , if you think about it. so don't expect anything to be done about that soon.

it can be done , if they already hired more people and trained them, otherwise it takes forever to make those changes in this rusted,slow motion, bureaucratic system.

You are absolutely right. However, there should be an starting point for this. I know at least two persons who are waiting for their naturalization since 2003 and at least five persons who have had pending I-485 due to namecheck since 2001.

Something should have been done much earlier than now, it is 2007. Although I don't think that me shouting can make a change but at least I will feel good afterwards because of my try. if something happens, I will be even happier. :)

You are absolutely right. However, there should be an starting point for this. I know at least two persons who are waiting for their naturalization since 2003 and at least five persons who have had pending I-485 due to namecheck since 2001.

Something should have been done much earlier than now, it is 2007. Although I don't think that me shouting can make a change but at least I will feel good afterwards because of my try. if something happens, I will be even happier. :)

you will not loose anything by shooting a letter to ombudsman but don't hope too much really. you are dealing with bureaucrats and not with the private sector where things get done quickly, just put this in mind.

The Ombudsman is very much aware of the problem. He has listed name check delays as one of the "Pervasive and Serious" problems. Read the annual report to congress 2006.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/CISOmbudsman_AnnualReport_2006.pdf

He cannot expedite individual namecheck requests. If you want to do something call up your senators and ask them to support Obama's citizenship promotion act. That might help.

Yeah, I know, I just want to know the oppinion of the people here. I will write a letter to the CIS Ombudsman and will let him know about this, I will also encourage all my friends at work who are in the same boat to do that.

After all, at some point this anxiety will take over and will cause health and mental problems. I think our health is more precious than some amount of money.

This of course, does not justify that USCIS or FBI are doing their job correctly, they should have fixed this way before but now that they are doing nothing, I think we should suggest them to do such a thing.

I would be grateful if other people can post their oppinions as well.

Thank you

The Ombudsman is very much aware of the problem. He has listed name check delays as one of the "Pervasive and Serious" problems. Read the annual report to congress 2006.

http://www.dhs.gov/xlibrary/assets/CISOmbudsman_AnnualReport_2006.pdf

He cannot expedite individual namecheck requests. If you want to do something call up your senators and ask them to support Obama's citizenship promotion act. That might help.

Yes, he is aware of the problem. I actually spent some hours last weekend and read that long report. My thing is, maybe nobody has suggested them to use a paid premium processing for namecheck since it was never brought up.

I also know that, even if this happens, it will take a good amount of time to become effective (probably a year!) but who knows that many of these people who are stuck now will be cleared in a year??

I think initiating it is useful.

Yes, he is aware of the problem. I actually spent some hours last weekend and read that long report. My thing is, maybe nobody has suggested them to use a paid premium processing for namecheck since it was never brought up.

I also know that, even if this happens, it will take a good amount of time to become effective (probably a year!) but who knows that many of these people who are stuck now will be cleared in a year??

I think initiating it is useful.

in ur signature, u mentioned that u asked for congresswoman help. u mean the comgresswoman is inquiring with FBI about namecheck or with uscis or what? when the congresswoman opened an inquiry?

Last edited by a moderator:
in ur signature, u mentioned that u asked for congresswoman help. u mean the comgresswoman is inquiring with FBI about namecheck or with uscis or what? when the congresswoman opened an inquiry?

I had a previous I-485 application thru DV lottery which was denied in 2004 since the result of the FBI namecheck did not get ready during the time frame when my DV visa number was available so the case was denied. Interestingly, USCIS did not figure out that my case was expired when the time frame was finished, instead, six month later than that, I got a letter that the FBI namecheck arrived late and the case was denied.

It is very logical to think that they denied the case once the FBI namecheck was ready. Therefore, I contacted my district congresswoman to see if they can use the result of that namecheck now, or at least that can help. Her assistance is a really nice lady but I doubt she ever sent the inquiry at all! First she asked me to call in 60 days. After that, I called and left a message, she did not reply, a week after I called again and left another message, she did not reply again. The next week I called again, without even checking my file she said that she has not heard anything but she will send them an email right away and will let me know in a couple of hours. With no surprise, she did not send me anything! I called the week after and left her a message, no reply! I called the week after and talked to her, she was very nice but did not check my file again and just said that you have to wait there is nothing we can do.

I have asked for an official inquiry from USCIS since 6 month has passed since my filing date and the visa number is available for my case. If I don't get a reasonable response which is highly probable, I will try my state Sentator. She tried to help me with the DV case before and we had some progress but the deadline came up too fast.

So, as you see, although DV was a random privillage which was given to me, but I have a denied I-485 case in my record, this employment based application is the second one.

I had a previous I-485 application thru DV lottery which was denied in 2004 since the result of the FBI namecheck did not get ready during the time frame when my DV visa number was available so the case was denied. Interestingly, USCIS did not figure out that my case was expired when the time frame was finished, instead, six month later than that, I got a letter that the FBI namecheck arrived late and the case was denied.

It is very logical to think that they denied the case once the FBI namecheck was ready. Therefore, I contacted my district congresswoman to see if they can use the result of that namecheck now, or at least that can help. Her assistance is a really nice lady but I doubt she ever sent the inquiry at all! First she asked me to call in 60 days. After that, I called and left a message, she did not reply, a week after I called again and left another message, she did not reply again. The next week I called again, without even checking my file she said that she has not heard anything but she will send them an email right away and will let me know in a couple of hours. With no surprise, she did not send me anything! I called the week after and left her a message, no reply! I called the week after and talked to her, she was very nice but did not check my file again and just said that you have to wait there is nothing we can do.

I have asked for an official inquiry from USCIS since 6 month has passed since my filing date and the visa number is available for my case. If I don't get a reasonable response which is highly probable, I will try my state Sentator. She tried to help me with the DV case before and we had some progress but the deadline came up too fast.

So, as you see, although DV was a random privillage which was given to me, but I have a denied I-485 case in my record, this employment based application is the second one.

so ur congresswoman assistant is basically useless. she will not do anything. so go after ur senator and don't waste time.

I called the USCIS last month and I got the following reply from TSC last week.
"We are unable to complete the card with the documents initially submitted. A complete I-89 with photos is required to complete the processing"

On the advice of some of our forum members (with similar experience - that they got the same letter when their 485 was approved) I decided to go for the infopass appointment. I have my appointment scheduled for tomoorrow. Will let you know the outcome....I hope my I-485 is approved.

Need Help to understand Receipt Date on I-485

My I-485 got filed on April 12th using Porting Priority Date of Dec 2000 and received receipt date. My question is, if I receive receipt date it means whether USCIS validated my priority date and so my application is accepted? Any insight/response will be really appreciable.
thanks

How to write to Ombudsman- instructions.

CIS Ombudsman is aware of the problem of NC delay, but it won't hurt if every NC victim to add more 'straws' to their concern, one extra complain may creat a difference, you never know.

One thing we all know that this backlogged NC process is NOT protecting national security, it is hurting national security. Let's ask the Ombudsman why nobody does something to improve this... since they are all aware of this problem.

Submitting a Case Problem, CIS Ombudsman
CIS Ombudsman >> Case Problems >> Submitting a Case Problem

If you do decide to submit a case problem to the Ombudsman, please do so according to the following guidelines:

Step 1. Please write us a letter and provide the following information in the order set forth below to assist us in identifying your case. Providing this information is voluntary, but we may not be able to help you if your information is incomplete.

The full name of the person who the case is about;
The address of the person who the case is about;
The date of birth of the person who the case is about;
The country of birth of the person who the case is about;
The application/petition receipt number of the person who the case is about;
The “A” number of the person who the case is about;
The USCIS office at which the application/petition was filed;
The filing date of the application/petition; and
A description of the problem making sure to include:

- What you have done to resolve your case problem to date;

- What the outcome was; and

- What result you hope to achieve by bringing your case problem to our attention.

With your case problem, you should provide our office with copies of all the documentation that concerns your case problem. Please do not submit original documents.

Step 2. To protect your privacy, we need to verify your identity and the accuracy of your information. Please date and sign your letter and include any of the following statements as they apply to your situation:

If you are in the United States or a U.S. territory, possession or commonwealth:

“I declare (certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.”

If you are outside of the United States:

“I declare (certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct.”

If you are not the person whose case you are inquiring about, you must obtain their consent. They should include the following statement in their letter:

“I consent to allow information about my case to be released to [name of requester].”

If you are an attorney or accredited representative, please include a copy of your USCIS Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative.

Step 3. Once prepared, please mail your dated and signed letter and copies of any other relevant documents via regular mail or courier service:

Via regular mail:
Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman

ATTN: Case Problems

United States Department of Homeland Security

Mail Stop 1225

Washington, D.C. 20528-1225

Via courier service:

245 Murray Lane

Mail Stop 1225

485s Approved

Finally 485 for both primary and spouse have been approved. Some information on my cases might be helpful to others in this forum.

* I-140/485 concurrent filing.
* I-140 was pending for more than 8 months, then converted to PP and it was approved in just 3 days under PP processing
* Dec 06 – Initiated inquiry and got response “pending for security check, there is no timeframe when it will be done”
* Contacted Sen. D. Durbin (IL) on Mar 18. Senator’s office inquired (emailed) TSC on Mar 20th. TSC replied on Mar 29th that they sent RFE on 3/27 and these cases will be completed once they receive RFE response from me. Sen. Durbin sent me a letter and also copy of email with TSC
* RFE was on TB Skin test for both primary and spouse
* RFE received by TSC on Apr 13th.
* Approved – Apr 25th, 2007

This is great forum and hope your 485s will be approved soon. Good luck everyone on your 485s.

CIS Ombudsman is aware of the problem of NC delay, but it won't hurt if every NC victim to add more 'straws' to their concern, one extra complain may creat a difference, you never know.

One thing we all know that this backlogged NC process is NOT protecting national security, it is hurting national security. Let's ask the Ombudsman why nobody does something to improve this... since they are all aware of this problem.

Submitting a Case Problem, CIS Ombudsman
CIS Ombudsman >> Case Problems >> Submitting a Case Problem

If you do decide to submit a case problem to the Ombudsman, please do so according to the following guidelines:

Step 1. Please write us a letter and provide the following information in the order set forth below to assist us in identifying your case. Providing this information is voluntary, but we may not be able to help you if your information is incomplete.

The full name of the person who the case is about;
The address of the person who the case is about;
The date of birth of the person who the case is about;
The country of birth of the person who the case is about;
The application/petition receipt number of the person who the case is about;
The “A” number of the person who the case is about;
The USCIS office at which the application/petition was filed;
The filing date of the application/petition; and
A description of the problem making sure to include:

- What you have done to resolve your case problem to date;

- What the outcome was; and

- What result you hope to achieve by bringing your case problem to our attention.

With your case problem, you should provide our office with copies of all the documentation that concerns your case problem. Please do not submit original documents.

Step 2. To protect your privacy, we need to verify your identity and the accuracy of your information. Please date and sign your letter and include any of the following statements as they apply to your situation:

If you are in the United States or a U.S. territory, possession or commonwealth:

“I declare (certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct.”

If you are outside of the United States:

“I declare (certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct.”

If you are not the person whose case you are inquiring about, you must obtain their consent. They should include the following statement in their letter:

“I consent to allow information about my case to be released to [name of requester].”

If you are an attorney or accredited representative, please include a copy of your USCIS Form G-28, Notice of Entry of Appearance as Attorney or Representative.

Step 3. Once prepared, please mail your dated and signed letter and copies of any other relevant documents via regular mail or courier service:

Via regular mail:

Mail Stop 1225

Via courier service:

245 Murray Lane

Mail Stop 1225

I totally agree, we should do this. The more they know about the problem, the more the chance is to see an improvement.

Congrats gc2006usa :)
(my rd is same as yours )

Finally 485 for both primary and spouse have been approved. Some information on my cases might be helpful to others in this forum.

* I-140 was pending for more than 8 months, then converted to PP and it was approved in just 3 days under PP processing
* Dec 06 – Initiated inquiry and got response “pending for security check, there is no timeframe when it will be done”
* Contacted Sen. D. Durbin (IL) on Mar 18. Senator’s office inquired (emailed) TSC on Mar 20th. TSC replied on Mar 29th that they sent RFE on 3/27 and these cases will be completed once they receive RFE response from me. Sen. Durbin sent me a letter and also copy of email with TSC

This is great forum and hope your 485s will be approved soon. Good luck everyone on your 485s.

Congrat's man, you deserve it. Thank you for posting the details of your case as well.

h1 b are handled iby 2 centers (VSC and CSC) and not by TSC and NSC where I485 are done.

having not posted processing dates for almost 40 days now (they used to do every 15 days and for the last 3 months, once a month), i'm afraid that processing dates for i 485 at tsc or NSC will go backward this time. why? back in march , the smart uscis bureaucrats shipped all the cases of vsc (pending almost for 1.5 yrs on average) to tsc and the same with the cases of csc to nsc. what does this do ? here uscis is mixing apples with oranges.

mixing cases of vsc that are old with tsc cases that are supposed to be processed in 6 months will creat a problem in processing times. uscis has to do 1 of 4 things here:

1- be in the conservative side and make the processing time for i485 around 1.5 yrs.

2- make an average of the timing between old cases and new ones, so maybe say the processing time is 1 yr (avg of 0.5 yrs(tsc) and 1.5 yrs (vsc))

3- differentiate in their processing dates between i485 vsc cases and i485 tsc cases

4- keep the 6 months processing time as it was before.

i think this is creating the delay of publishing the processing dates and not anything else. uscis doesn't know which choice to make because of its smart management team.