TSC Consolidated 485 Tracker

No mention about background check in my enquiry resp.!!

This is interesting. Though I received an enquiry response, it didnot mention anything about background check delay.
It only mentioned about an administrative delay and I should contact them if I dont hear from them in 6 months. Dont have the exact letter with me here. Will post the exact contents later.

Got mine too:

The processing of your petition/application has been delayed. All petitions/applications received by this Service are required to have routine security checks that are resulting in delays of the adjudication of petitions/applications. We can give no definite indication of when they will be completed.

Don't have the 6 months thing in the letter?

For those stuck in name check, here is some information about the process:

1. Fingerprints are returned to INS within 24 hours (you can call 304-625-5590 and give them your A# and they will tell you when your fingerprinting was processed)

2. Namechecks / Security checks are done out of their Washington DC office and as per the customer service representative, it is heavily backlogged and they are not accepting any phone calls or email inquiries. (If someone knows how to get that info, please post)

TB skin test

I've got an RFE for my I-485. It says on my medical record the TB skin test is checked "Not done", but I had an X-Ray. They didn't do a skin test, because I've already had one 2 years ago which I failed because TB shots what I've received back in Hungary when I was 1 year old.
My lawyer doesn't know what to do. Anybody has any experience with this?
Should I do a skin test which I will fail for sure? Redo the X-Ray?

BTW, I've called the 1-800 number with POJ, and a nice ignorant, lazy, boring, AA lady told me It's up to me what I do, because it is my application. Then I asked for somebody who could help. She got angry and repeated herself, that is my application and I have to decide what to do (redo the X-Ray, etc.).

You redo your skin test and even if you get positive it should be OK since your Xray is clear. I do not think you need to take X ray again. You hear what other members of this forum say.

TB Test

TB test RFE are common. Technially, the civil surgeon should do the TB test and then document how many mm. is the diameter of reaction on the form and then proceed with X-Ray. In my case, I told them that I had a positive reaction and I told them it was 1.0 cm reaction, so the CS wrote TB test done and worte 1.0 cm reaction. Alternatively, they can say not done but they have to explain in a comment why it was not done. I think you just need the TB to be documented. A new X-ray is not needed if done within a year. Thanks

I've got an RFE for my I-485. It says on my medical record the TB skin test is checked "Not done", but I had an X-Ray. They didn't do a skin test, because I've already had one 2 years ago which I failed because TB shots what I've received back in Hungary when I was 1 year old.

BTW, I've called the 1-800 number with POJ, and a nice ignorant, lazy, boring, AA lady told me It's up to me what I do, because it is my application. Then I asked for somebody who could help. She got angry and repeated herself, that is my application and I have to decide what to do (redo the X-Ray, etc.).

I guess you had BCG (bacillus Calmette Guerin) vaccinated when you were one year old. It would show positive in your skin test. You can google over the internet to find out information and bring that information and your X-ray result to your physician for medical exam. Asking your physical an explanation letter. Or write a letter to CDC to ask for an explanation letter. Normally USCIS will honor CDC's opinion. Good luck.

I'm simply amazed at the number of people here stuck in namecheck. It's just downright depressing going through these boards sometimes. Anyway, I've reached the six month mark on my I-140 with no LUDs at all on either the I-140 or the I-485. I'll take an infopass next month but I'm guessing I'm pretty much stuck in namecheck myself. Calling TSC has not helped - they've become totally unresponsive and I have had no luck reaching a person who doesn't tell me that I need to hang up and call national customer service or check the website for status updates.

I'm simply amazed at the number of people here stuck in namecheck. It's just downright depressing going through these boards sometimes. Anyway, I've reached the six month mark on my I-140 with no LUDs at all on either the I-140 or the I-485. I'll take an infopass next month but I'm guessing I'm pretty much stuck in namecheck myself. Calling TSC has not helped - they've become totally unresponsive and I have had no luck reaching a person who doesn't tell me that I need to hang up and call national customer service or check the website for status updates.

I have written a letter to USCIS Ombudsman to get the USCIS put more info into their online status system.

Eezee,

Most people who have had a BCG vaccination (not neccessary all) will fail the skin test. What you can do is get the skin test done. You will get the results in 48 hours.If negative, you dont have to worry. If positive, you will need to get an X-ray. If clear( which is most likely), then you are thru'. This is standard procedure.

srr

Now that the namecheck is a mess and USCIS and FBI can not resolve the backlog issue, why doesn't USCIS temporarily offer some program like the Premium processing?
I know a lot of people who are stuck and are wiling to speed up the clearance their case by paying some money to USCIS. Among 80000+ who are stuck, I am sure a lot of them are so fed up who will pay this money just to get their peace of mind back. After a while, the backlog shrinks and FBI can even process the namecheck of those who did not want to pay faster.

Please let me know what you think about this.

Now that the namecheck is a mess and USCIS and FBI can not resolve the backlog issue, why doesn't USCIS temporarily offer some program like the Premium processing?
I know a lot of people who are stuck and are wiling to speed up the clearance their case by paying some money to USCIS. Among 80000+ who are stuck, I am sure a lot of them are so fed up who will pay this money just to get their peace of mind back. After a while, the backlog shrinks and FBI can even process the namecheck of those who did not want to pay faster.

tell this to the bureaucrats, we are poor unlucky waiters in this mess. the bureaucrats have to agree with you about that and not us .

good idea... tell that to the Ombudsman

Many people are ok with the temp. benefits such as AP and EAD, others are willing to pay a premium to speed up things. They should offer this service ASAP. Remember we are not asking favorite decision but a quick and paid one!

Email your idea to the Ombudsman's office, they may like it.... obviously the NC is a mess and they all know it. How can you ask me to love this country after they have treated all the talents so cruely in the immigration ordeal???

tell this to the bureaucrats, we are poor unlucky waiters in this mess. the bureaucrats have to agree with you about that and not us .

Yeah, I know, I just want to know the oppinion of the people here. I will write a letter to the CIS Ombudsman and will let him know about this, I will also encourage all my friends at work who are in the same boat to do that.

After all, at some point this anxiety will take over and will cause health and mental problems. I think our health is more precious than some amount of money.

This of course, does not justify that USCIS or FBI are doing their job correctly, they should have fixed this way before but now that they are doing nothing, I think we should suggest them to do such a thing.

I would be grateful if other people can post their oppinions as well.

Thank you

TB skin test

The civil surgeon told me yesterday that USCIS requires a skin test even if you have the X-Ray. So if anybody does the medical examination, be sure they'll do the skin test even if you know you will fail it. Don't do only X-Ray!
Luckily he doctor said USCIS accepts old skin tests (I had one back in 2002), so I can mail back the RFE today.